CIRB Decision

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: CIRB Decision

Post by mbav8r »

tbaylx wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:02 am [quote=FICU post_id=<a href="tel:1032080">1032080</a> time=<a href="tel:1520267458">1520267458</a> user_id=14303]
[quote=tbaylx post_id=<a href="tel:1032053">1032053</a> time=<a href="tel:1520252332">1520252332</a> user_id=1736]Already have about a year and a half ago.
Ah right... well I can't see you moving from your current gig to Swoop unless you really miss white shirts and ties.
Some of the desert crowd are interested, but ya never know..pink suits me :)
[/quote][/quote]
So, you left Canada presumably for MORE money yet you come on here and advocate for the wages offered at swoop, I just don’t get it. That’s good to know though, I can now dismiss your opinion on this matter and skip right through your posts.
Thanks for supporting wage increases in Canada by leaving, it’s greatly appreciated:)
---------- ADS -----------

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

You know what they say about assumptions.... :)

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

How was I mocking anyone?

FL410AV8R
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FL410AV8R »

groundpilot wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:10 pm Are the anti - ALPA posters on here the same guy?

Boney, NewCommercialPilot, squawk, rotten apple

As for Boney or whoever this person's current alias is,

Rouge does not involve a LOA. Pilots bid it for various reasons. One list, period. And that was forced on us FYI
Add Johnny Hot Rocks and Schnitzel2k3 to that list of multiple personalities.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

FL410AV8R wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:54 pm
groundpilot wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:10 pm Are the anti - ALPA posters on here the same guy?

Rouge does not involve a LOA. Pilots bid it for various reasons. One list, period. And that was forced on us FYI
Lol - not quite. Nice try Poirot :smt098 Just because individuals share similar observations doesn't mean they are automatically the same person.

I just like stirring up conversation when you guys get all self absorbed in your rah rah rah :butthead:

S.

FL410AV8R
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FL410AV8R »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:08 pm

Lol - not quite. Nice try Poirot :smt098 Just because individuals share similar observations doesn't mean they are automatically the same person.

I just like stirring up conversation when you guys get all self absorbed in your rah rah rah :butthead:

S.
Given the wing suit flying, member measuring individuals penchant for all things German and 2k3 being his date of hire the coincidences are just too much.

WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

I’m being set up!

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

FL410AV8R wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:29 pm
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:08 pm

S.
Given the wing suit flying, member measuring individuals penchant for all things German and 2k3 being his date of hire the coincidences are just too much.
I standby my Poirot comment. :smt040 Way to go bud. Good job cracking the case.

S.

WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

But back to the CIRB.

Can I approach Swoop for let’s say 5 months of work to help get them going and then ask WJ for an LOA for under the “business as usual” 6 month duration?

I couldn’t have done the two year LOA due to my support payments but I figure I could swing 5 months or so with some planning.

In spite of only flying 730 hours in 2017 I still managed to make $384,771 which is somewhere north of $500/hr hard time. It’s not China money but it’s not that bad. With my Spousal Support payments deduction and RRSP deduction I’ll be getting back $40,000 in income taxes which should finance 5 months at Swoop if they’ll have me and WJ gives me an LOA.

Does anyone know if that would violate the freeze?

Last edited by WeedPro2000 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
groundpilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by groundpilot »

Add to the list: schnitzel2k3 & WeedPro2000

So it appears these are all same flying suit whacko:

1) Boney
2) NewCommercialPilot
3) squawk
4) rotten apple #1
5) schnitzel2k3
6) WeedPro2000

This website, although it has valuable information and is a good place for sharing info, is brutal for policing any kind of annoyances such as this. Could be much better

Ah_yeah
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ah_yeah »

Mach1 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:12 pm I have flown with people who have expressed an interest in going to Swoop internally. They all have a few things in common. They all came from Encore. The only thing they see are 4 bars in their eyes and nothing else matters. They are really bad at math.
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:40 pm just left seats and money.
I'm going to break this down into it's two components:

Left seat:

If you HAVE to be a captain then you should never be one. You need some therapy and a bit of time out to learn how to relax a little. Good captains know how to play well with others. Being an FO teaches you how to be a good captain.

Money: How, exactly, is this more money?

Swoop Captain;
$103.57
10% ESPP
Per Diem $2.50/hour
Minimum monthly guarantee of 75 hours
Overtime triggered at 90 hours

WestJet FO (year 6);
$106.06
20% ESP
Per Diem $3.1942/hour (domestic)
Minimum monthly guarantee of 77.5 hours
Overtime triggered at 82.5 hours

The guy sitting in the right seat enjoying his life will out earn the Swoop captain, work 4 days less a month and look forward to year after year of pay gains that the Swoop guy will never see. I know math is tricky but the last time I checked, 106 is bigger than 103.
And there you have it. Swoop will make peanuts from the "once in a decade"-type pax. This is a diversion. Your numbers point out exactly why management is so hard up to get this done. They want downward wage pressure on WJA at large and Swoop is just the tool/diversion to get it done. Don't get fooled. Time to roll up the newspaper and whack these guys on the behind. This is not how you treat professional pilots in todays market. Can't blame them for trying I guess, as there are always a few wannabes and cool-aid drinkers. I have no horse in this race but enough is enough. Pilots are not baristas.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

groundpilot wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:40 pm

1) Boney
2) NewCommercialPilot
3) squawk
4) rotten apple #1
5) schnitzel2k3
6) WeedPro2000

This website, although it has valuable information and is a good place for sharing info, is brutal for policing any kind of annoyances such as this. Could be much better
Annoyances such as people disagreeing with others opinions - providing alternative possibilities. That's called a discussion. I am trying to maintain the outsiders perspective but clearly that's too much for you guys to handle.

Last edited by schnitzel2k3 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

So your t4 is huge but what was your highest net paycheck ?

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Flyingsquirrelsuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Flyingsquirrelsuck »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:37 pm But back to the CIRB.

Can I approach Swoop for let’s say 5 months of work to help get them going and then ask WJ for an LOA for under the “business as usual” 6 month duration?

I couldn’t have done the two year LOA due to my support payments but I figure I could swing 5 months or so with some planning.

In spite of only flying 730 hours in 2017 I still managed to make $384,771 which is somewhere north of $500/hr hard time. It’s not China money but it’s not that bad. With my Spousal Support payments deduction and RRSP deduction I’ll be getting back $40,000 in income taxes which should finance 5 months at Swoop if they’ll have me and WJ gives me an LOA.

Does anyone know if that would violate the freeze?
Sorry John but your math doesn’t add up. Even at 1.5 times pay, your final total is a lie.

Your constant posts under different logins don’t lead to a conversation or discussion, it’s a way of controlling a message.

I guess my real question is why? What is your agenda? What is your end goal? Is it to support our pilot group or is it a selfishness

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:37 pm

CaptainHaddock
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CaptainHaddock »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:22 pm
groundpilot wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:40 pm

1) Boney
2) NewCommercialPilot
3) squawk
4) rotten apple #1
5) schnitzel2k3
6) WeedPro2000

Annoyances such as people disagreeing with others opinions - providing alternative possibilities. That's called a discussion. I am trying to maintain the outsiders perspective but clearly that's too much for you guys to handle.

What would probably help is creating a private Westjet forum so you guys could circle jerk yourselves and spare the general public the shock of how pathetic Westjet has become as an organization.

How's that for useful?

Mods are welcome to delete my account anytime. I just hang around for the show :drinkers: You guys are depressing.

Well you know what would give you a leg to stand on, not haveing a half dozen handles you rotate through (some times answering yourself on your own threads). It certainly diminishes your credibility (you know, anonymous chat forum cred ), that you have to obfuscate your own anonymous identity. It’s a little weird and pretty annoying-but maybe that’s who you are.

Billions of Bilious Blue Blistering Barnacles!
schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

CaptainHaddock wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:28 pm
I'm not John nor one of his many handles. Far from it, I do not work for WS - nor am I employed under any ALPA airline.

The only two points I've ever argued is that people have the right to work for whatever company they so desire and for whatever salary without being blacklisted by ALPA.

That and the only person the Westjet pilot is attempting to help is themselves and to stop pretending they are doing this for the good of the industry.

At the end of the day I have zero plans of flying for or on ANY version of Westjet, so take my criticism with a grain of salt.

Trust me, I've read John's posts and he's on a self destructive personal crusade, but to each their own, he seems to enjoy the notoriety.

S.

WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

It's all good muh bruthas. No self destructive crusade here, just a crusade. I know I have to admit it's a lost cause at some point, but that point isn't now. And may never be. Until then, this is entertainment for me.

I know the math is hard to get your head around, but if one takes an OT hourly rate of $300/hr plus the 8% vac pay, that's $325/hr. When you then drop all your YYC straight time pairings and exclusively pick up OT pairings ex-YYZ, and choose lots of min credit OT stuff, well, it adds up. Throw in TB days where PS and ESP are added on, and then an ample dose of Stock Options, and you somehow wind up with the $380K number. My buddy flew more hard time hours and made $410K, but he didn't spend the summer wingsuiting and being awesome like I did. To each his own.

Guten nacht, Komraden.

WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

And before I forget, I plugged in my 2017 earnings into the chart here. $380,000 in terms of annual income, puts one off the chart. Here's hoping that ALPA doesn't put me back on the chart.

BE20 Driver
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by BE20 Driver »

Ask anyone who started Encore 5 years ago how much they were able to drop and pick up.

I'll help you out John, after carrying the zero and dividing by Merlot -- nothing.

The assumption that you've made is that Flica will be available from day one and that the work rules will permit you to dump your entire schedule for other's to pick up, freeing yourself to be the OT whore. 10 airplanes will be roughly 100 Captains. I doubt very much that you'll get 10 of them to call in sick every month. Seems rather optimistically high to me. I was there when Encore had 10 airplanes. There certainly weren't anywhere near that many book offs.

Return to “WestJet”