ALPA phone survey

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

countdown
Rank 1
Rank 1

ALPA phone survey

Post by countdown »

Got a call tonight. The survey was very verbose, she spoke very fast, there was no time to think or really consider the questions. Like many surveys there was not always a relevant answer to the question. In short, I found it to be a poor format.
---------- ADS -----------

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: ALPA phone survey

Post by DropTanks »

countdown wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:44 pm Got a call tonight. The survey was very verbose, she spoke very fast, there was no time to think or really consider the questions. Like many surveys there was not always a relevant answer to the question. In short, I found it to be a poor format.
Did you indicate your displeasure on the ALPA forums?
Or speak to your rep about it?

countdown
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by countdown »

I have no interest in the ALPA forum. I checked it out and it was the same people saying the same thing, over and over. By posting here I'm quite confident the information will get through to the powers that be. Yes, I'm aware it's a public forum, which is why I didn't go into the gory details.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Any survey I’ve participated in, I controlled the tempo and when there was no appropriate answer to the question, if I was not able to add comments I would skip that question.
It’s your survey, she probably has to make so many calls per shift but I’m going to take the time I need to properly answer the question, if that means awkward silence while I think, so be it.

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

Wait a minute. By posting here under an anonymous name your displeasure with the survey it's going to "get back" to the MEC.

Did I get that correct?

countdown
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by countdown »

Considering how much of what goes on here gets back to the MEC I'm quite confident this will too.

Iflyforfood
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Iflyforfood »

countdown wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:44 pm Got a call tonight. The survey was very verbose, she spoke very fast, there was no time to think or really consider the questions. Like many surveys there was not always a relevant answer to the question. In short, I found it to be a poor format.
I would encourage you to contact your LEC and provide them with feedback. They are a terrific group of guys/gals tirelessly working to better our industry.
Cheers

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

Lol ok

Or you could try emailing one of them. But let's leave it up to avcanada.

I also got the survey. I said hello five times to no response so I hung up. I was going to email one of my reps but if you kind folks here on avcanada could just pass on my complaint it will save me a step ha!

Good luck

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

RidersRule wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:13 pm Lol ok

Or you could try emailing one of them. But let's leave it up to avcanada.

I also got the survey. I said hello five times to no response so I hung up. I was going to email one of my reps but if you kind folks here on avcanada could just pass on my complaint it will save me a step ha!

Good luck
😂🤣

CaptainHaddock
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by CaptainHaddock »

hopefully you don’t rely on Avcanada for spreading your other concerns like marital or financial. Just post it and assume your counsellor or financial advisor will take your vague statement from a chat forum and get right on it. But I guess you would post those on different anonymous forums and assume the will get right on it.

If you have problems with the survey you could actually contact pretty much anyone from another line pilot to anyone involved with ALPA and they would have been happy to help you. Posting here is pointless and a waste of time. (I know, I too am posting on the forum, and I am wasting time).

As for the ALPA forum, it is pretty quiet and MUCH more respectful than here, and there even is a thread about the survey.

Sigh...

Billions of Bilious Blue Blistering Barnacles!
Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Legacy »

countdown wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:20 pm I have no interest in the ALPA forum. I checked it out and it was the same people saying the same thing, over and over. By posting here I'm quite confident the information will get through to the powers that be. Yes, I'm aware it's a public forum, which is why I didn't go into the gory details.
Lmfao you should just tell your barber. Maybe he will get in contact with the reps for you. And we wonder why things don’t improve...

Demeter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Demeter »

Loved all the damn strike question ffs. This is where we’ve got to? As for the Alpa forum being respectful :smt014 Nobody posts there with anything other than alignment with the clowns like the angry Irish or east coast angry birds from the rock and haliban :rolleyes: Contrary views would be subject to a public stoning

saltypilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by saltypilot »

Demeter wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:40 am Loved all the damn strike question ffs. This is where we’ve got to? As for the Alpa forum being respectful :smt014 Nobody posts there with anything other than alignment with the clowns like the angry Irish or east coast angry birds from the rock and haliban :rolleyes: Contrary views would be subject to a public stoning

Attachments
IMG_2382.JPG
IMG_2382.JPG (57.27 KiB) Viewed 4376 times
countdown
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by countdown »

The post wasn't for the MEC, but they got it. Fact is they really don't give a rats a$$ what we think of their canned ALPA survey, it's designed to get a strike mandate and that's all they really care about.

Fact is people come here to gather info because they have no interest in the APLA site. Not that it matters, the frothing at the mouth, everything ALPA crowd is going to pounce regardless of where you state your opinion.

WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

I'm conflicted about the strike madate issue. On the one hand, if a strike were to occur, I'll be one of the dastardly scabs crossing a line to fly the airplane my employer has designated that I fly. On the other hand, at C3, AK routinely told the reps that until the pilot union was ready to go on strike, he would refuse to sign anything. In one case, the tentative agreement was signed the night before the strike was to begin. Similarly, at Sunwing, a convincing strike mandate was likely a key factor that got the most recent deal signed. (The deal that pays Swoop wages...)

Flyingsquirrelsuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Flyingsquirrelsuck »

Hey guys, remember when we would get phone surveys from the WJPA? That’s right, never did!

Remember the “surveys” from the WJPA? They were never skewed to come to a predetermined result right?

What is happening now is part of a real negotiation process, there are steps that need to be taken to understand the support of the group. John I know you will be one of the pilots to cross a picket line, that’s no surprise.

If you have questions or concerns why don’t you guys contact your local lec reps? Maybe talk to a P2P member.

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

In my experience, it's all simply a negotiating tool. If the union has a 100% strike vote, the negotiating team can drive a much better bargain. If the strike vote comes in at 60%, the pilot group just chopped the legs out from under the negotiating team and you can expect few concessions from management.

Basically when asked yes or no to a strike vote, the question is "do you want better or worse conditions than the last contract?"

moe
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by moe »

Great survey.
Succint and to the point.

High strike mandate important for bargaining power.

Ex DC10 Driver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ex DC10 Driver »

There are many I have spoken with who will not support a strike...I have to say me included.

Demeter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Demeter »

Count me out too.

Return to “WestJet”