WJPilotFacts.com

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Flyingsquirrelsuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: WJPilotFacts.com

Post by Flyingsquirrelsuck »

complexintentions wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:51 pm
Flyingsquirrelsuck wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:40 pm Oh John.

Making it personal now. Whatever. If you want to talk about personal history at the company, we should compare the number of write ups and AQD’s we have on our file.

Let’s compare pilots to pilots, flying the same aircraft on the same routes. YOS, min credit, trip rigs, DH credit etc. You don’t understand the argument. And it’s a waste of time trying to explain it to you because Johns life is great and my T4 is huge.

You really need to find a new hobby John
Sorry dude, but you're a bit lost on who you think you're having an exchange with. Couldn't care less about T4's, haven't seen one in over a decade and hope to never see one again. Happy to compare histories, alas, they're completely unrelated.

But if talking to imaginary people is your thing carry on, you're only embarrassing yourself! :mrgreen:
You just proved my point
---------- ADS -----------

mantogasrsrwy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mantogasrsrwy »

The guy isn't John and calling everyone you disagree with John makes you sound kind of silly. That's his point I think.

WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

Bargaining update – April 12
April 12, 2018
Dear WestJet Pilots,

This week marked our third bargaining session with the conciliation officers and ALPA, and we continued to make steady progress in several areas. Below are highlights on this week’s progress.

Latest information from the bargaining table

During this week’s three-day session, the parties continued to focus the majority of our attention on scheduling. We look forward to continuing our momentum on this complicated topic next session.

In addition to the scheduling discussion, the Company passed counter-proposals on Expenses, the Part-Time Program, Association Flight Release, Vacation, Statutory Holidays and Special Days Off. We also shared a letter outlining Company support regarding the Pilot Recovery Program to reside as an Appendix to the Collective Agreement. ALPA passed counter proposals on Layoff and Recall, Leaves of Absence, Medical Examinations, Sick Leave, Management and Supervisory Pilots and Expenses.

Our next session is scheduled for April 23-25, and we look forward to continuing our progress on reaching an agreement that you and the Company can support.

Update on the conciliation process

During this week’s session, the conciliation officers proposed an extension to the 60-day conciliation period and also requested that the parties schedule additional dates in both May and June. We were supportive of this extension as the conciliation process has been productive so far. While ALPA agreed to schedule additional bargaining dates, we were disappointed that they refused a conciliation extension, which means the 60-day conciliation period will end on April 27.

Even though there is only one more scheduled session within the conciliation period, the Company remains committed to meeting with ALPA in May and utilizing the dates that were set aside to further negotiations.

We were also disappointed to learn about ALPA’s reference to strikes last week, especially when we are actively engaged in negotiations and making progress towards our mutual goal of reaching an agreement for you, our valued Pilots. The Company is committed to working collaboratively and constructively with ALPA, and we believe that any talks about striking at this point in the process are counterproductive. Instead, we are going to continue to focus our efforts at the bargaining table and reaching an agreement that well-positions all of you and our airline for future growth and career opportunities.

Thank you

Thank you for staying informed throughout this process. We have received a number of questions and comments through our WestJet listens feature, and are working to update the website with new FAQs over the next week. Please visit wjpilotfacts.com for more information on negotiations or to submit your feedback. Bargaining can be a challenging and distracting time, and I sincerely thank you for the outstanding service and professionalism you continue to show throughout this process.

Respectfully and appreciatively,

Cam

I thought the ALPA narrative back in January was that the company wasn't bargaining sincerely. It seems the roles have changed. Now ALPA doesn't want to bargain. Weird.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Given everything that’s gone on, you take the company fluff at face value? Of course ALPA is the bad guy according to them, well and you.
If ALPA extends conciliation to when the company proposed, hmm isn’t June the proposed start up of swoop, yah that sounds like a good deal! For the company maybe.
Also, as long as the company is bargaining in good faith there is absolutely no reason to extend conciliation, you are in conciliation because the company refused to bargain, remember?

Activia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Activia »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:53 pm Bargaining update – April 12
April 12, 2018
Dear WestJet Pilots,

This week marked our third bargaining session with the conciliation officers and ALPA, and we continued to make steady progress in several areas. Below are highlights on this week’s progress.

During this week’s three-day session, the parties continued to focus the majority of our attention on scheduling. We look forward to continuing our momentum on this complicated topic next session.

In addition to the scheduling discussion, the Company passed counter-proposals on Expenses, the Part-Time Program, Association Flight Release, Vacation, Statutory Holidays and Special Days Off. We also shared a letter outlining Company support regarding the Pilot Recovery Program to reside as an Appendix to the Collective Agreement. ALPA passed counter proposals on Layoff and Recall, Leaves of Absence, Medical Examinations, Sick Leave, Management and Supervisory Pilots and Expenses.

Our next session is scheduled for April 23-25, and we look forward to continuing our progress on reaching an agreement that you and the Company can support.

During this week’s session, the conciliation officers proposed an extension to the 60-day conciliation period and also requested that the parties schedule additional dates in both May and June. We were supportive of this extension as the conciliation process has been productive so far. While ALPA agreed to schedule additional bargaining dates, we were disappointed that they refused a conciliation extension, which means the 60-day conciliation period will end on April 27.

Even though there is only one more scheduled session within the conciliation period, the Company remains committed to meeting with ALPA in May and utilizing the dates that were set aside to further negotiations.

We were also disappointed to learn about ALPA’s reference to strikes last week, especially when we are actively engaged in negotiations and making progress towards our mutual goal of reaching an agreement for you, our valued Pilots. The Company is committed to working collaboratively and constructively with ALPA, and we believe that any talks about striking at this point in the process are counterproductive. Instead, we are going to continue to focus our efforts at the bargaining table and reaching an agreement that well-positions all of you and our airline for future growth and career opportunities.

Thank you

Thank you for staying informed throughout this process. We have received a number of questions and comments through our WestJet listens feature, and are working to update the website with new FAQs over the next week. Please visit wjpilotfacts.com for more information on negotiations or to submit your feedback. Bargaining can be a challenging and distracting time, and I sincerely thank you for the outstanding service and professionalism you continue to show throughout this process.

Cam

I thought the ALPA narrative back in January was that the company wasn't bargaining sincerely. It seems the roles have changed. Now ALPA doesn't want to bargain. Weird.

Whoa...Whoa...John! Posting company memo's on a public forum, is a complete violation of WJ corporate policy. I believe a corporate whistlerblower report is in order.

Shame...Shame.

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

I wonder how the "man with many names" will feel, when the powers that be decide to lock out the pilots when negotiations break down. It's not like that's a radical thing for management to do, when they feel they can get away with it - attempted union busting 102. The problem is when you've got a high level of solidarity, then management scabs up...

Flyingsquirrelsuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

WeedPro2000 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:53 pm Bargaining update – April 12
April 12, 2018
Dear WestJet Pilots,

Thank you

Cam

Hey John

Want to do me a favour and post the latest ALPA Fastread please.

Seems to have a different tone and facts about the past couple of weeks of negotiations. Any chance that Cam is lying to the pilot group with his communications?

Could you also highlight in red the sections that talk about how many proposals where passed as well please.

Both sides of the story need to be presented.

Still continuing to be a liability to our future. Thanks John

George Taylor
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by George Taylor »

JS, you have violated the Code of Conduct by posting an internal memo. I hope you find yourself in a displinary situation AGAIN, and you do a 180 like last time. You are pathetic.

Rezy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rezy »

George Taylor wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:10 pm JS, you have violated the Code of Conduct by posting an internal memo. I hope you find yourself in a displinary situation AGAIN, and you do a 180 like last time. You are pathetic.
That’s not an internal memo. It’s public knowledge available at http://www.wjpilotfacts.com/bargaining- ... l-12-2018/

George Taylor
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by George Taylor »

I stand corrected about it being an internal memo. WestJet management at its finest negotiating in public. The rest is correct.

cjet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by cjet »

John why isn’t WJ and ALPA negotiating next week. ALPA is ready everyday to sit down with management. It seems WJ is too busy and they now want to extend conciliation. Sorry that doesn’t work. You negotiate hard until the end and the we’ll see about an extension.

Cjet

Flyingsquirrelsuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Don’t worry. John will have a perfect answer for us all

WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

Good question C. And one to which I don’t have the answer. That said, I don’t think ALPA wants a table negotiation to succeed, because a successful result of negotiation will never be a WJ pilot at mainline wages in the Swoop cockpit. I think we can all agree on that. And given that ALPA has staked its reputation (that of all its tools) on One WestJet/One Pilot (or whatever the luggage covers say), a table negotiation was never going to succeed.

Common employer won’t succeed as things stand so there’s no sense trying to get a contract at the table and hoping for the CIRB to rescue the Swoop seats later.

So a strike mandate or arbitration it is. Neither of which will get the Swoop seats full WJ pilot wages, at least that is my opinion. YMMV.

Good luck to all. One day we’ll all row in the same direction again.

Herr Schwalbe

(Hey Squirrel Guy, I think you can block me and avoid my posts. BTW, you sound like my ex-wife did lol)

Mostly Harmless
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Mostly Harmless »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:01 pm because a successful result of negotiation will never be a WJ pilot at mainline wages in the Swoop cockpit. I think we can all agree on that.

Actually, I don't think "we" can all agree on that in any way whatsoever. That's why there is so much passionate fighting about the whole idea.

Flyingsquirrelsuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

WeedPro2000 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:01 pm Good question C. And one to which I don’t have the answer. That said, I don’t think ALPA wants a table negotiation to succeed, because a successful result of negotiation will never be a WJ pilot at mainline wages in the Swoop cockpit. I think we can all agree on that. And given that ALPA has staked its reputation (that of all its tools) on One WestJet/One Pilot (or whatever the luggage covers say), a table negotiation was never going to succeed.

Common employer won’t succeed as things stand so there’s no sense trying to get a contract at the table and hoping for the CIRB to rescue the Swoop seats later.

So a strike mandate or arbitration it is. Neither of which will get the Swoop seats full WJ pilot wages, at least that is my opinion. YMMV.

Good luck to all. One day we’ll all row in the same direction again.

Herr Schwalbe

(Hey Squirrel Guy, I think you can block me and avoid my posts. BTW, you sound like my ex-wife did lol)
John

Unfortunately the fact is, there are allot of pilots at WJ that are working very hard to improve our working conditions and value at this company. Have you ever considered helping the pilot group out?

As far as “rowing in the same direction” most of us already are if you haven’t noticed. John your a minority in this group, a forgotten voice, because you cannot suppprt your claims with actual fact.

Pilots representing pilots is the current and future direction of this pilot group. It’s a shame you will never be part of the group

3down&loct
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 3down&loct »

"I stand corrected about it being an internal memo. WestJet management at its finest negotiating in public. The rest is correct."

Did our new CEO not just say today on BNN ,that he will not negotiate in public? Yet, WJPILOTFACTS.COM is still up.

Flyingsquirrelsuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

He also fired a couple of comments trying to imply the pilot group’s new contract will not negatively affect any other employee group. Threat?

Return to “WestJet”