Props to WJ

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

cap41
Rank 4
Rank 4

Props to WJ

Post by cap41 »

Recently I flew April 8 WS 2628 & April 15 WS 2627.

Same Captain both legs.

Impressed to see the captain come out and address the passengers. He was informative, polite and humorous. Seemed like he had a great attitude. Flights were delayed a little, he always kept us up to date. The flight home was during that ice storm. Bumpy on the way down, most passengers were very nervous, GREAT touch down. As we waited for a gate he made sure to get on the intercom every 5 minutes to update us, usually with some humour.

I have to say he was a breath of fresh air!
---------- ADS -----------

Adam Oke
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Props to WJ

Post by Adam Oke »

cap41 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:29 pmBumpy on the way down, most passengers were very nervous, GREAT touch down.
The FO probably landed it. 8)

--Air to Ground Chemical Transfer Technician turned 4 Bar Switch Flicker and Flap Operator--
DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Mods, please delete this thread. There isn't the requisite amount of bitching and complaining mandatory for an AvCanada thread about anything.
I don't even understand it! :)

Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Legacy »

Lol on a sad note there is truth to that Dan.

Cap41, thanks, I'm sure the crew is happy someone appreciates their efforts.

billgeno
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by billgeno »

DanWEC wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:16 pm Mods, please delete this thread. There isn't the requisite amount of bitching and complaining mandatory for an AvCanada thread about anything.
Don't rain on a positive thread just because the BBQ isn't as good in YYT as some of your other destinations and the wx ain't looking too nice tonight :)

aeroncasuperchief
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by aeroncasuperchief »

There are many airlines ( I just came back from Louisiana with an American airline that had some problems and they handled it perfectly) that keep the customer informed but what is it with Air Canada that the passenger is the last to know what is going on OR the reason is either a deception or a down right lie?

Jimmy2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy2 »

Am I the only one that thought the topic of this thread was going to be Westjet starting a new ultra mega low cost carrier with propeller driven aircraft?

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Jimmy2 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:43 pm Am I the only one that thought the topic of this thread was going to be Westjet starting a new ultra mega low cost carrier with propeller driven aircraft?
+1

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Ah they wouldn’t be able to compete with Air Canada Propz!

Har Har Bill.....nothing but late night pizza tonight.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

DanWEC wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:04 pm Ah they wouldn’t be able to compete with Air Canada Propz!

Har Har Bill.....nothing but late night pizza tonight.
But you didn’t props..... bastard. Maybe next time...

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

DanWEC wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:16 pm Mods, please delete this thread. There isn't the requisite amount of bitching and complaining mandatory for an AvCanada thread about anything.
Don't worry, this clown fixed that problem for you with the usual bs generalization that tends to characterize AC haters! :mrgreen:
aeroncasuperchief wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:28 pm There are many airlines ( I just came back from Louisiana with an American airline that had some problems and they handled it perfectly) that keep the customer informed but what is it with Air Canada that the passenger is the last to know what is going on OR the reason is either a deception or a down right lie?

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
aeroncasuperchief
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by aeroncasuperchief »

what is it with Air Canada that the passenger is the last to know
It is a simple question and one that comes up from time to time in the news! I am not looking for AC bashers just answers WHY AC is not as proactive as others in being honest and upfront !

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

aeroncasuperchief wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:20 pm
It is a simple question and one that comes up from time to time in the news! I am not looking for AC bashers just answers WHY AC is not as proactive as others in being honest and upfront !
Straw man argument. The whole problem is that your sweeping generalization that AC is "less "proactive as others" is not based on anything resembling even a shred of hard evidence, such as verifiable statistics, measured against the number of flights AC conducts versus the number of other carriers (hint: it's a lot more), and so on. The fact that you express is as a fact, and the willingness to do so, only betrays a bias. You mention this coming up in the "news" - you're just adopting their unqualified opinion as your own, which is kinda lazy, intellectually.

I have had delays on AC flights where an explanation was communicated very clearly, perhaps I should conclude that AC's "honesty" and transparency is SUPERIOR to other airlines...?

The plural of "anecdote" is not "data".

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

complexintentions wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:55 pm
aeroncasuperchief wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:20 pm
Straw man argument. The whole problem is that your sweeping generalization that AC is "less "proactive as others" is not based on anything resembling even a shred of hard evidence, such as verifiable statistics, measured against the number of flights AC conducts versus the number of other carriers (hint: it's a lot more), and so on. The fact that you express is as a fact, and the willingness to do so, only betrays a bias. You mention this coming up in the "news" - you're just adopting their unqualified opinion as your own, which is kinda lazy, intellectually.

I have had delays on AC flights where an explanation was communicated very clearly, perhaps I should conclude that AC's "honesty" and transparency is SUPERIOR to other airlines...?

The plural of "anecdote" is not "data".
Chuckle, chuckle

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
cap41
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cap41 »

Never wanted this thread to spiral into who is a better airline. They guy did his job, it happens a million times a day. However its rare that something brings a smile to my face. Only wanted to say well done.

Return to “WestJet”