Strike vote

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

DrSpaceman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Strike vote

Post by DrSpaceman »

cloak = demeter = china?
---------- ADS -----------

Demeter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Demeter »

you will never see me apply there. No thanks. You Give it a whirl. You will see why they have to entice folks with big money. I’ll continue to support our outrageous taxes and live in the country where I grew up thanks.

The Tenth Man
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by The Tenth Man »

DrSpaceman wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:57 pm cloak = demeter = china?
I shouldn't be here, but I must correct the record.

It is my suspicion that demeter and cloak are NOT the same people, and neither one of them are me.

While I'm here, I want to address Greg G.'s post above where he said:
"...your post is putting all the blame on the pilots for the rocky relationship. Why did we unionize in the first place?

Your telling me that WJ management doesn’t share any of the blame for the rocky relationship. The same people that didn’t show up for negotiation meetings. Showing up late, and ultimately forced mediation AND arbitration (remember the Minister of Labour showed up at Westjet in person) between the two sides.

Tell me, since your so sure of yourself, how to do “change the approach?” "
If the WJ pilot group wanted to send a clear and unequivocal message that they intended to adopt a confrontational approach in their dealings with the company, then they should have elected as their leader the previous head of the WPPA. The WPPA, a very in your face confrontational group of individuals who inadvisedly launched several unsuccessful unfair labour practice complaints against WJ with the CIRB. Doing so would have made the company see red everytime they saw that man's face on TV or in person.

And that's just what they did. The former MEC Chairman is not a statesman. He may be many things, but he is not a consensus builder, not a negotiator and not an effective leader. But that's who your system chose.

And the WJ pilots are going to repeat that mistake by doubling down on the WPPA team, in their current round of elections. Y
Good luck with that.

Ok, now I gotta go. I'm watching BASE videos and getting hyped up for a great season. Who knows, maybe I will head to Italy if I get the courage, and maybe I'll try out a jump from an antenna if I lose my mind.

Sayonara Amigos!

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Flyingsquirrelsuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Flyingsquirrelsuck »

The Tenth Man wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:41 pm
DrSpaceman wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:57 pm cloak = demeter = china?
I shouldn't be here, but I must correct the record.

It is my suspicion that demeter and cloak are NOT the same people, and neither one of them are me.

While I'm here, I want to address Greg G.'s post above where he said:
"...your post is putting all the blame on the pilots for the rocky relationship. Why did we unionize in the first place?

Your telling me that WJ management doesn’t share any of the blame for the rocky relationship. The same people that didn’t show up for negotiation meetings. Showing up late, and ultimately forced mediation AND arbitration (remember the Minister of Labour showed up at Westjet in person) between the two sides.

Tell me, since your so sure of yourself, how to do “change the approach?” "
If the WJ pilot group wanted to send a clear and unequivocal message that they intended to adopt a confrontational approach in their dealings with the company, then they should have elected as their leader the previous head of the WPPA. The WPPA, a very in your face confrontational group of individuals who inadvisedly launched several unsuccessful unfair labour practice complaints against WJ with the CIRB. Doing so would have made the company see red everytime they saw that man's face on TV or in person.

And that's just what they did. The former MEC Chairman is not a statesman. He may be many things, but he is not a consensus builder, not a negotiator and not an effective leader. But that's who your system chose.

And the WJ pilots are going to repeat that mistake by doubling down on the WPPA team, in their current round of elections. Y
Good luck with that.

Ok, now I gotta go. I'm watching BASE videos and getting hyped up for a great season. Who knows, maybe I will head to Italy if I get the courage, and maybe I'll try out a jump from an antenna if I lose my mind.

Sayonara Amigos!
John

Actually I was waiting for an answer from cloak not you.

Again, you didn’t answer the question just more verbal diarrhea and off the topic crap. It’s just getting really old and tired John. Just look at the WestJet thread. It’s all you buddy, and it’s kind of sad.

I thought you were going to take a break from posting?

The Tenth Man
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by The Tenth Man »

Greg. Relax. The world doesn't function according to your rules.

Flyingsquirrelsuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

The Tenth Man wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:14 am Greg. Relax. The world doesn't function according to your rules.
Is anybody else confused? If anyone can help me out, I would be grateful. Maybe send you a high five

TimothysAr
Rank 0
Rank 0

Strike vote

Post by TimothysAr »

My understanding was that they were going on strike because of their contracts - they are only given one year contracts which need to be renewed each year.

cloak
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by cloak »

Flyingsquirrelsuck wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:42 pm
Your telling me that WJ management doesn’t share any of the blame for the rocky relationship...
Not a matter of who says what, but one can never really effect or demand a change in the opponent, but only oneself.
Secondly, evidence seems to suggest that change has already been made in both people and approach in management.
Lastly, new approach means ideas not explored and paths not pursued before, as outrageous as they seem, may hold the answers!

Flyingsquirrelsuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

cloak wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:42 am
Flyingsquirrelsuck wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:42 pm
Your telling me that WJ management doesn’t share any of the blame for the rocky relationship...
Not a matter of who says what, but one can never really effect or demand a change in the opponent, but only oneself.
Secondly, evidence seems to suggest that change has already been made in both people and approach in management.
Lastly, new approach means ideas not explored and paths not pursued before, as outrageous as they seem, may hold the answers!
That is your answer?

Return to “WestJet”