WJ Captain post

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

AtlanticTour
Rank 1
Rank 1

WJ Captain post

Post by AtlanticTour »

At the start of the week, our company Yammer was set abuzz by an incredible post by one of our YYZ Captains explaining the pilot side of the contract situation in very passionate terms. I can't recall anything there having received as many likes or generated as much feedback as what he said did - and this wasn't from just the pilot side of the house but the employee group in general.

It is a great piece that explains a lot of the background and context to what is current happening.

Is this allowed to be copied / pasted here? I will not be doing so, but I think it would be beneficial for the Canadian aviation community in general and people like Weedpro2000 / NCP in particular to get a look at it. If it is possible to paste a copy here, I would encourage a Team Teal pilot to do so.

AtlanticTour
---------- ADS -----------

GAF
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: WJ Captain post

Post by GAF »

Weedpro has already responded to that post on Yammer. 800 "likes" and then his response. Don't waste your time. It was an amazing post on what's happened to this company.

Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Legacy »

Weedpro...... The name says it all.

Just email said captain about his post. He probably wouldn't mind you copying it here. Was a very eloquent post. The public should see how 99.9% of the employees feel. Might save a second thought about the employees being the culprits.

WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

Everyone has a right to their opinion. Period.

The Yammer post has lots of emotion, I’ll give it that. If someone is using the conversion of CSA positions from Mainline to Encore as justification for a strike, well, I kind of tune out after that. Ditto for moving to take an upgrade to support the company’s expansion plans. I just stop reading after that.

Over and out.

Jimmy2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy2 »

Did anyone else think this was going to be about a job ad for direct entry Captains at Westjet?

WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

And I think it important, since you bring my name up, that the post I made simply asked what it would take for the OP to vote NO in the strike vote. No commentary, no opinion, just a question. Now compare that fact to what you though I posted based on what you read here.

Dyna
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Dyna »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:58 am If someone is using the conversion of CSA positions from Mainline to Encore as justification for a strike, well, I kind of tune out after that. Ditto for moving to take an upgrade to support the company’s expansion plans. I just stop reading after that.
Way to keep an open mind there Sparky. As much as I disagree with almost every word you post, I still read it. There are very rarely a few things you say that I can agree with with. Very rarely, but still. As passionate as I am with siding with the MEC and wanting to improve our position at WJ, I’m not as stubbornly unstable as you are, clearly.

The fact that you asked that question on Yammer proved you didn’t absorb a single word that NS so elloquently posted. The answer to your “simple question”, as you put it, was contained entirely in his post. You simply are just too close minded to comprehend any position other than your own. You’ve become a laughingstock. Bravo.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:33 pm ...simply asked what it would take for the OP to vote NO in the strike vote....
Funny now that the shoe is on the other foot. Annoying isn't it when honest discussion questions go unanswered. Care to answer my previously asked question: what do you think of managements offer to institute a reserve system, 19 days/mo, no OT until 87.5 hrs? Are you willing to work under those conditions?

Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Boreas »

Jimmy2 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:28 pm Did anyone else think this was going to be about a job ad for direct entry Captains at Westjet?
Not at all... :oops:

Flyingsquirrelsuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Flyingsquirrelsuck »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:33 pm And I think it important, since you bring my name up, that the post I made simply asked what it would take for the OP to vote NO in the strike vote. No commentary, no opinion, just a question. Now compare that fact to what you though I posted based on what you read here.
Poor John

Feeling like everyone is picking on you? You poor guy, I feel for you John. See you on the 8th.

Your fantastic

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:33 pm And I think it important, since you bring my name up, that the post I made simply asked what it would take for the OP to vote NO in the strike vote. No commentary, no opinion, just a question. Now compare that fact to what you though I posted based on what you read here.
What would it take for you to vote yes?
Have you run the numbers, worse case scenario 40 tails go to Swoop, would you keep your left seat? Would you be forced to commute to YYZ to keep your left seat? You only seem concerned with yourself, so have you truly looked at how it might affect you?
What if seniority and reserve come in, seems that’s the latest proposal, 40 tails gone how would you like reserve?
For clarity, you can’t have reserve without seniority, if not enough pilots bid reserve someone’s getting forced to do it.

I’m not asking you to feel for your fellow pilots, clearly not something you’re capable of, I’m asking you seriously if you think this won’t affect you?

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

Now I'm curious - I'd like to read the post.

Any luck getting approval to post it here?

Last edited by Eric Janson on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
Oldcommercialpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Oldcommercialpilot »

The original poster of that Yammer thread is one of he classiest, most professional people I know. I ran your question by him and and he has stated that he unequivocally does not want it reposted on a public forum. It is an internal conversation and he would like to keep it that way. Like I said ... classy. Please respect his wishes.

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

Oldcommercialpilot wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:08 pm The original poster of that Yammer thread is one of he classiest, most professional people I know. I ran your question by him and and he has stated that he unequivocally does not want it reposted on a public forum. It is an internal conversation and he would like to keep it that way. Like I said ... classy. Please respect his wishes.
Fair enough.

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

I read a post once on another private forum that had the cure for cancer. It was a wonderful and eloquent post. The author doesn't want me to copy it here. But boy was it good.

We should discuss it, but respect his wishes of not copying it here!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
The Tenth Man
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by The Tenth Man »

Dyna wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:14 pm
WeedPro2000 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:58 am If someone is using the conversion of CSA positions from Mainline to Encore as justification for a strike, well, I kind of tune out after that. Ditto for moving to take an upgrade to support the company’s expansion plans. I just stop reading after that.
Way to keep an open mind there Sparky. As much as I disagree with almost every word you post, I still read it. There are very rarely a few things you say that I can agree with with. Very rarely, but still. As passionate as I am with siding with the MEC and wanting to improve our position at WJ, I’m not as stubbornly unstable as you are, clearly.

The fact that you asked that question on Yammer proved you didn’t absorb a single word that NS so elloquently posted. The answer to your “simple question”, as you put it, was contained entirely in his post. You simply are just too close minded to comprehend any position other than your own. You’ve become a laughingstock. Bravo.
And who is laughing now? The people who blindly followed a misguided and angry group of ideologically possessed and woefully inadequate ALPA leadership. Pah!

You got your contract mister Dyna, and I'll put my name behind every word I've ever posted here.

John Swallow
Captain

Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Legacy »

Lol that's because we can spot you out immediately after any post you make John. You stand out like a sore thumb even after how many handles you used? John, you are self serving and only care about yourself. Anyone with that type of personality deserves nothing. When you actually care about others maybe we'll change our mind. Until then....buzz off

RVR6000
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RVR6000 »

Return to “WestJet”