Vote results.

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Vote results.

Post by Eric Janson »

GRK2 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 2:42 pm Hi Eric,

Some of us would maybe like to hear what those pilots had to say. I also fly with a number of those ex Sabena pilots and although they are still a little bitter at the Belgian government of that time, they still have pretty strong feelings that the union did what it could and they VOTED for the action to proceed...

On the ALPA and WS pilots subject, the fall from grace of the now ex CEO was easy to watch (and forecast) from outside of the company. My WS pilot friends and relatives were starting to feel the heat some time ago. I have been through the airline failure mill in Canada before, and while a few fellow pilots from that time STILL blame ALPA, (they never thought the company would ever fail...they had 100% faith in the bosses BS) No pilot's union ever bankrupted any Canadian airline.

The need to keep a level playing field between management and pilots is what should be driving these negotiations. I hope that the results of the CBA for WS stabilises the industry for a while as it seems that it's needed. Time to stop the race to the bottom at the expense of all pilots.

GRK
Pilot Union Representatives being blacklisted in their home country is unique - never heard of this happening anywhere else.

There must be a reason for this - maybe you can ask your ex Sabena colleagues.

This destroyed a lot of careers - there are some videos on Youtube where they look at what happened to a selection of former Sabena employees. Very sad to watch.

Out of the 6 companies I've worked for - only one where leaving was 100% my choice.

Agree with your last paragraph - but I'm still not seeing any improvement Globally in T & C's for Pilots. Things are still going downhill.
---------- ADS -----------

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:18 pm
That said, I think the chance of CB bending to ALPA are somewhere between 0% and 0.000001%. So, what is left is a strike or lockout (my money is on a lockout), that will be followed, at some point, by a legislated return to work.
I hate to admit it but Weedpro called it.

The Tenth Man
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by The Tenth Man »

Bede wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:11 am
That said, I think the chance of CB bending to ALPA are somewhere between 0% and 0.000001%. So, what is left is a strike or lockout (my money is on a lockout), that will be followed, at some point, by a legislated return to work.
Hmm, not a particularly tough call to make I should think. Good on him, just the same. Perhap's he's right on the WPDL too. What say you, Bede?

FL410AV8R
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FL410AV8R »

China_CAAC_Exam wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:34 pm
Hmm, not a particularly tough call to make I should think. Good on him, just the same. Perhap's he's right on the WPDL too. What say you, Bede?
Perhaps he should refrain from holding full-blown self-congratulatory conversations with himself.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Get help

.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by .80@410 »

mbav8r wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:44 pm

Get help
In case anyone missed it : weedpro / CAAC is talking to himself again.

Just callin it like it is.

Return to “WestJet”