WestJet pilots to fly Swoop aircraft

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

The Tenth Man
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: WestJet pilots to fly Swoop aircraft

Post by The Tenth Man »

cloak wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:47 am Much like United States; changing its president, vice president and secretary of state does not change the entire country!
I missed this comment lol. Well played.

And yes, the MEC Chairman was recalled, the Vice-Chairman left for better buffets and symposiums, and the Secretary resigned, all within the space of I don't know, two weeks?

Nothing to see here folks lol. ALPA, always good for a laugh.
---------- ADS -----------

cloak
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by cloak »

The Tenth Man wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:20 am
cloak wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:47 am Much like United States; changing its president, vice president and secretary of state does not change the entire country!
I missed this comment lol. Well played.

And yes, the MEC Chairman was recalled, the Vice-Chairman left for better buffets and symposiums, and the Secretary resigned, all within the space of I don't know, two weeks?

Nothing to see here folks lol. ALPA, always good for a laugh.
It seems ALPA was a failed experiment whereby wrong approach and focus diminished the legitimate aspirations of the pilot group.

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

So when does OTS hiring for DEC resume?

Will tbaylx be back?

Or will low-time Encore pilots fill the left seat?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Donald wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:31 am So when does OTS hiring for DEC resume?

Will tbaylx be back?

A few of us have politely declined that offer already actually. I suspect you'll see other DEC's there sometime this year.

SwoopStar
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by SwoopStar »

Donald wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:31 am So when does OTS hiring for DEC resume?

Will tbaylx be back?

Things are different now as the LOU has deteriorated from the original working conditions. Mainly, the former OTS CAs who left now lose their 12500$ annual bonus, resulting in 10% less compensation. This bonus is not applicable to those who join Swoop after Jan. 1st.

Not to mention, if they had stayed they would be at 120$/hr in April vs the entry of 104$/hr now.

Best of all, the LOU cannot be changed without a vote by all WestJet pilots. So there are NO improvements to look forward too. ALPA is happy to see the LOU fail. If it doesn't, then those that accepted the conditions will endure them for the longevity of Swoop. If Swoop needs better conditions in this pilot market, then the WestJet pilots have to agree. They'll only agree to WestJet pilots at WestJet wages, or very near to.

Return to “WestJet”