WestJet pilots to fly Swoop aircraft

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: WestJet pilots to fly Swoop aircraft

Post by tbaylx »

Tacoma wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:23 pm Why are there 6 more “bypass” positions in YHM? Does that mean in YHM there will be 23 OUT OF SENORITY pilots occupying the left seat, plus 23 bypass pilots from the June bid. Plus 6 more now?
Those are the first of the 23 pilots who are currently awarded the bypass positions starting to arrive at Swoop, don’t go getting all excited, there aren’t any more, yet.
---------- ADS -----------

Ex99guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ex99guy »

Hey Tbaylx,

Enough with the cavalier attitude.

Every time we here that disgusting call sign on the radio we all die inside.

My "jumpseat" will never be open to the "26".

Pound sand,

Regards,

The rest of Canadian aviation

Jumbo744
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jumbo744 »

Ex99guy wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:19 am Hey Tbaylx,

Pound sand,

Regards,

You sound way too emotional. Very few people care about ''Your'' jumpseat. And by the way Swoop is expanding, you might actually need their jumpseat soon. You do not represent Canadian aviation. STFU and thank you.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Swoop is expanding with all WJ pilots, so it's a tail/uniform shuffle...so yeah those jumps seats will be open.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Skyhunter
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Skyhunter »

Pound sand,

Regards,

First , I have no skin in this game just to be clear from the outset.

I have a question for you. Say a guy was PFO’d by WJ, by AC, by encore. Your telling me you can be upset with that guy taking a swoop job. If so then I think you are the one with some anger issues.

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

Pound sand,

Regards,

Hey turboprop pusher. You don't speak for me. Move on and grow up loser.

Sincerely the rest of Canadian Aviation that doesn't give a toss about pilots that clean planes

sicamore
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by sicamore »

Pound sand,

Regards,

Still stuck at encore Ex99guy? If it makes you feel better, never mind, with your attitude you were probably deemed unupgradable

Ex DC10 Driver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ex DC10 Driver »

Was told today that 6 of the previously awarded bypass positions resigned for DEC’s at Sunwing....therefore 6 more bypass Captains required to keep the total at 23 since 3 positions were previously eliminated.....time will tell if this is accurate.

flyzam
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyzam »

Ex DC10 Driver wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:55 pm Was told today that 6 of the previously awarded bypass positions resigned for DEC’s at Sunwing....therefore 6 more bypass Captains required to keep the total at 23 since 3 positions were previously eliminated.....time will tell if this is accurate.
That is correct, Sunwing has accepted a number of Swoop pilots into their ranks. Expect more to come.

Tacoma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tacoma »

Just to clarify are these 6 westjet pilots who were awarded bypass positions and have now quit to fly for sunwing? Or 6 OTS original swoop pilots quit for sunwing?

Ex DC10 Driver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ex DC10 Driver »

They are WestJet F/O’s. If they were Swoop Captains then the bypass positions would of been reduced by 6 as per Kaplan’s ruling.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

eyebrow737 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:42 pm

Pound sand,

Regards,

Sincerely the rest of Canadian Aviation that doesn't give a toss about pilots that clean planes
I'm confused. He's referring to westjet pilots specifically, and you're refering to westjet pilots. Its an accurate statement that he as a WJ pilot will deny those swoop pilots the jump seat. I gather youre not? So what do you care? Whose the loser now, oh that's right someone didnt get involved in your labour dispute.

Skyhunter, as for the getting PFO comment, yeah if you've had all those doors slammed in your face, it's time to take a long hard look in the mirror. It's a piss poor argument, especially during a pilot shortage. Look I know that this industry is anything but fair, some great people have been turned away for silly reasons, but that doesnt give them a right to jump into a labour dispute and not expect backlash.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

KAG wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Pound sand,

Regards,

I'm confused. He's referring to westjet pilots specifically, and you're refering to westjet pilots. Its an accurate statement that he as a WJ pilot will deny those swoop pilots the jump seat. I gather youre not? So what do you care? Whose the loser now, oh that's right someone didnt get involved in your labour dispute.

Skyhunter, as for the getting PFO comment, yeah if you've had all those doors slammed in your face, it's time to take a long hard look in the mirror. It's a piss poor argument, especially during a pilot shortage. Look I know that this industry is anything but fair, some great people have been turned away for silly reasons, but that doesnt give them a right to jump into a labour dispute and not expect backlash.
Eh? I'm taking exception at junior talking for "the rest of Canadian Aviation". Wtf are you talking about?

.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by .80@410 »

Jumbo744 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:20 am

Pound sand,

Regards,

You sound way too emotional. Very few people care about ''Your'' jumpseat. And by the way Swoop is expanding, you might actually need their jumpseat soon. You do not represent Canadian aviation. STFU and thank you.
I understand his POV better than I understand anyone defending these backstabbing dirty 30.

Ya maybe “rest of Canadian aviation “ is broad .
However, 91 % of WJ pilots telling these guys to “pound sand “ is pretty accurate .

Just callin it like it is.
Skyhunter
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Skyhunter »

KAG wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Pound sand,

Regards,

Kag

I respectfully disagree with your opinion. If I had all those doors slammed in my face I am sure I would have seriously considered applying. Fortunately I am not in that situation. And if you were, can you honestly say you wouldn’t have thought about it? Maybe you can but I think you would be a rare case personally.

duele

Post by duele »

I just read the first page and the 18th page. Holy smokes is this a political labor market! Where I come from, you see a job you want, you apply for the job, no one cares. On this forum of course 91% of everyone hates Swoop pilots but I think more than 9% of people who don't work as pilots would see where they're coming from.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

duele wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:59 pm I just read the first page and the 18th page. Holy smokes is this a political labor market! Where I come from, you see a job you want, you apply for the job, no one cares. On this forum of course 91% of everyone hates Swoop pilots but I think more than 9% of people who don't work as pilots would see where they're coming from.
So, where you come from, if employees have a written agreement that they cannot outsource their work but the company does anyway, nobody cares?
Sure, Americans are known for their easy going nature!
I have noticed that you’re quickly making a name for yourself on here, hint it’s not for your intellect:)

sicamore
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by sicamore »

mbav8r wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:54 pm
duele wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:59 pm I just read the first page and the 18th page. Holy smokes is this a political labor market! Where I come from, you see a job you want, you apply for the job, no one cares. On this forum of course 91% of everyone hates Swoop pilots but I think more than 9% of people who don't work as pilots would see where they're coming from.
So, where you come from, if employees have a written agreement that they cannot outsource their work but the company does anyway, nobody cares?
I have noticed that you’re quickly making a name for yourself on here, hint it’s not for your intellect:)
mbav8r, most places in the world do not have a written agreement that the employer can't outsource work. Maybe you will find some communist nations that still do this. As for most of the rest, they have embraced the free market and concept of meritocracy.

And people wonder why Canadian Aviation is the worst in the modern world.

duele

Post by duele »

mbav8r wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:54 pm
Would you believe that I finished uni with a GPA in the top 3 of the school? I'm just here to ruffle your feathers mbav8r. I'm a dual citizen but have lived my whole life in Canada so your American jab missed the mark. By "where I come from" I was referring to my career/industry where the labour market runs on the free market principles of supply and demand.

There is a reason why one of the most talented poets of our time, Mr. 305 aka Mr. Worldwide doesn't write about the importance of unions instead of hard work and opportunity. I think Mr. Worldwide would have easily sided with Swoop on this one.

WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

Hold on there slick! If there is a written agreement that the work can't be outsourced, then why on earth would ALPA, with all of its resources and legal know how, not have filed an unfair labour practice complaint?

Perhaps the issue is not as simple as you make it seem.

Return to “WestJet”