How did it work out?

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: How did it work out?

Post by tbaylx »

Anticyclone wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:33 am
tbaylx wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:50 am We only have 6 Encore FO's coming over at the moment. The others applying either were frozen in their first year at encore or didn't meet the experience requirements. IF that remains the case for September we'll likely have to go OTS again for FO's.
Hi tbaylx,

Let's say you go OTS in september and then Encore people meet their requirement by december how will they be positionned on the seniority list in regards to the previous OTS already hired ?

Thanks.
Rezy pretty much nailed it, OTS will be bumped down the list by any pilots currently on the property. There is going to be pretty massive hiring at Westjet in general in the coming year. Mainline is so short were arent even getting all the captains we want at swoop due to mainline needing them for the fall. So keep that in mind, even as OTS you'll have a seniority number ahead of all the new hires coming
---------- ADS -----------

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

tbaylx wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:32 am
tbaylx wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:50 am We only have 6 Encore FO's coming over at the moment. The others applying either were frozen in their first year at encore or didn't meet the experience requirements. IF that remains the case for September we'll likely have to go OTS again for FO's.
Hi tbaylx,

Let's say you go OTS in september and then Encore people meet their requirement by december how will they be positionned on the seniority list in regards to the previous OTS already hired ?

Thanks.
Rezy pretty much nailed it, OTS will be bumped down the list by any pilots currently on the property. There is going to be pretty massive hiring at Westjet in general in the coming year. Mainline is so short were arent even getting all the captains we want at swoop due to mainline needing them for the fall. So keep that in mind, even as OTS you'll have a seniority number ahead of all the new hires coming
Does anyone else throw up in their mouth a little when this guy talks about WJ like he didn't totally try to steal food out of their mouthes?

Jumbo744
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jumbo744 »

Hangry wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:26 pm
tbaylx wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:32 am

Hi tbaylx,

Thanks.
Does anyone else throw up in their mouth a little when this guy talks about WJ like he didn't totally try to steal food out of their mouthes?
Grow up kid.

Tacoma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tacoma »

The FO spots will be filled internally by the 24 remaining swoopsters.

Tacoma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tacoma »

No one wants to work st swoop because they don’t want to be mistaken for being part of the dirty thirty. Easily resolved to satisfy 2000+ pilots vs 24.

moe
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by moe »

Hangry. 1️⃣0️⃣0️⃣%

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

Tacoma wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:21 pm The FO spots will be filled internally by the 24 remaining swoopsters.
Heard it’s 23 now...

cloak
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by cloak »

https://aeronauticsonline.com/delta-air ... t-venture/

WestJet fleet to nearly DOUBLE by 2020! Great news! Any idea what type(s)?

swimming
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by swimming »

Last edited by swimming on Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anticyclone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anticyclone »

Closing date for application collection was july 22nd, any calls out yet :?:

Does mainline do the whole selection process and then dispatches to Swoop :?:

.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by .80@410 »

RidersRule wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:16 pm
Tacoma wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:21 pm The FO spots will be filled internally by the 24 remaining swoopsters.
Heard it’s 23 now...
Ya. 3 down , 23 to go.
Slowly but surely.
Maybe when the arbitrator sends them to the Q the rest will leave too.

Just callin it like it is.
KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Gents, at the risk of sounding...disloyal(?) I think for everyones mental health it's time to let the anger pass. Yes imho the dirty 30 did a pretty selfish act, stepping into our labour dispute for a direct left seat. We all know its dirty pool. That said it does nothing positive to carry it around. It hasn't done the AC folks any good with the CDN merger. Let's learn from that and move forward. Besides something tells me this will sort itself out soon enough. Keep it classy.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

RidersRule wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:16 pm
Heard it’s 23 now...
Where did they go, or why did they leave?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

Not sure. Heard one went back to Flair but nothing to substantiate that.

3down&loct
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 3down&loct »

"Not sure. Heard one went back to Flair but nothing to substantiate that."

May end up being a smart move.

.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by .80@410 »

KAG wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:21 pm Gents, at the risk of sounding...disloyal(?) I think for everyones mental health it's time to let the anger pass. Yes imho the dirty 30 did a pretty selfish act, stepping into our labour dispute for a direct left seat. We all know its dirty pool. That said it does nothing positive to carry it around. It hasn't done the AC folks any good with the CDN merger. Let's learn from that and move forward. Besides something tells me this will sort itself out soon enough. Keep it classy.
I suppose you are right KAG. The anger will act a poison long term. It’s frustrating to know that people like that exist who will always undermine our attempts to improve this industry, but it’s out of our hands now.

That said, Unlike the rest of my peers, I will not go out of my way to help them in any way shape or form. So I will call it neutral.

Just callin it like it is.
Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

Forgive? Nah. Forget? Nah. Move on. No choice.

They will wear that scarlet S forever. They should wear it proud and brag about it. Why not. They earned it.

lostaviator
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by lostaviator »

The arbitrator must agree that these 26 (or 30, whatever we wanna call it) took our jobs as indicated by his decision to pay 26 FO's captain rates until the original 26 are not in their position anymore. Who knows what September will bring... I have my wishes, but am satisfied with the decisions so far.

Oh, and stop trying to convince CSA's you can fly in WJ jumpseats.

B757FO
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by B757FO »

I heard it was 10 first officers from encore took the 10 yhm spots but I’m not sure. I as well as my boy KAG have moved past the 30 and I accept whatever decision Kaplan brings forth whichever way it goes. I feel way better not caring at all about them personally to be honest. Best just move on to bigger fish to fry like scope. I see now we have a reserve system so be it. Can’t expect to want ac wages without an ac reserve system. This will take a while to implement though even upwards of a couple years. Will be interesting to see how the use seniority to make this work.

As for OTS at swoop. Like tbaylx said. If we have to go off the street then we do. We can’t fill them internally? That I think will change when the new work rules for swoop come into play. People will be willing to work there for more than $103 / hr . Plus rumours of other bases could interest some.

What seems to be left is the scope language. We offered 10 and the company is rumoured to want 20 so it will be 15 airplanes for swoop. Certainly not the 50.

Whether your team pink team teal or team teal light or team encore we all have to start rowing the boat in the same direction or this place won’t last anyways.

Time to move on.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

Hangry wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:09 am Forgive? Nah. Forget? Nah. Move on. No choice.

They will wear that scarlet S forever. They should wear it proud and brag about it. Why not. They earned it.

Perhaps some of your high-school-girl angst would be better directed towards trying to reverse the 10% drop in your company's stock price rather than moaning about Swoop DEC's?

Just a thought.

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.

Return to “WestJet”