SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
Message
Author
tbaylx
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 659
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:30 pm

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#326 Post by tbaylx » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:59 am

mbav8r wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:04 am
Donald wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:32 am
At $110K/year, the DEC spot at Flair represents a status, pay, and social standing upgrade for the OTS swoopsters.

Seems like a win-win-win and a good move for the likes of tbaylx.
Based on his(tblaylx) post in the flair forum, I’m guessing he’s already applied.
As you so constantly demonstrate here pilots are able to post in the other forums where they aren't currently employed.

The OTS pilots at Swoop were hired for their experience and those who want to go elsewhere won't have any trouble finding work if they so choose.
---------- ADS -----------
  
Last edited by tbaylx on Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

tbaylx
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 659
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:30 pm

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#327 Post by tbaylx » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:00 pm

.
---------- ADS -----------
  

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 697
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:53 am

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#328 Post by jjj » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:39 pm

The OTS Swoop pilots were hired because they answered the call with a minimum requirement met.

That’s it.

Not all succeeded and we’re washed out.

Hardly cream of the crop.

Do not boast Tbalx - you aren’t impressing anyone.

JJJ
---------- ADS -----------
  

tbaylx
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 659
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:30 pm

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#329 Post by tbaylx » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:27 pm

jjj wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:39 pm
The OTS Swoop pilots were hired because they answered the call with a minimum requirement met.

That’s it.

Not all succeeded and we’re washed out.

Hardly cream of the crop.

Do not boast Tbalx - you aren’t impressing anyone.

JJJ
The last people i'm trying to impress are the WJ pilots on here, i assure you. I couldn't care less what you think given all that has gone on. There are and were some damn good pilots/people hired to start the airline up. They won't have trouble finding work, hardly call that boasting, its a fact

Same as anywhere, Westjet and Swoop have some good, some average and some special
---------- ADS -----------
  

7ECA
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 684
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:33 pm

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#330 Post by 7ECA » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:22 pm

No company that hires cut-rate scab labour for a job with promises of possible golden opportunities in the future, can be at all surprised when said cut-rate scab labour jumps ship at the first sign of difficulties.
---------- ADS -----------
  
Honour is a man's gift to himself ~Duke Elegant
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.

Hangry
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:05 am

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#331 Post by Hangry » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:54 pm

Tbaylx couldn’t care less what WJ pilots think of him “after all thats gone on”. LOL

It’s the WJ pilots fault I guess.
---------- ADS -----------
  

munzil
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:09 am

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#332 Post by munzil » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:34 pm

Hangry wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:54 pm
Tbaylx couldn’t care less what WJ pilots think of him “after all thats gone on”. LOL

It’s the WJ pilots fault I guess.
Yep, join a low cost company you become low cost pilots m. What did you expect?

Actually that question is rhetorical. I also don't really care. Along with the rest of Canadian aviation
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3510
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:24 pm

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#333 Post by KAG » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:17 pm

Continuing this thread is like poking a guy who got KOd in a fight. It's pointless and just breeds bad blood. The wrongs are being righted, our CBA is due and at the point we'll see just how bad the damage is. Time will tell how the industry feels about their (origional DEC) time at swoop. Given the shortage of qualified pilots I doubt itll hurt much.
I hope we can all take somthing away from this: -
--Companies will play their games, dangle their carrots.
--it's not always worth a quick upgrade as your reputation weighs more then your log book.
And lastly given the favourable pilot shortage we can work together to actually try to improve our industry wide conditions. Dare to dream.
Fly safe all.
---------- ADS -----------
  
The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.

cloak
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#334 Post by cloak » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:06 am

Transonic wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:58 am
...As far as any WestJet pilot knows, not one Swoop OTS pilot has been denied a jumpseat. Likely this will never happen as the situation is being corrected. We are all WestJet pilots now.
...
Notwithstanding the continued clamour of a few at Jazz and Encore, it appears that possibly not everyone at WestJet shares this sentiment. Or is it that by situation being "corrected" it was meant that direct-hire pilots are being "punted" from their seats, as the author of this thread rejoiced?! It seems like focusing your attention in the wrong places still!
---------- ADS -----------
  

lostaviator
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:42 pm

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#335 Post by lostaviator » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:11 am

Can Swoop Pilots even sit in the WJ jumpiest? (And vice versa). Different OC, different TC policies. Though we haven’t received direct communication from our management, I think the CSA’s internal flow chart days they cannot occupy our jumpiest.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Lightchop
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 10:03 am

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#336 Post by Lightchop » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:58 pm

lostaviator wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:11 am
Can Swoop Pilots even sit in the WJ jumpiest? (And vice versa). Different OC, different TC policies. Though we haven’t received direct communication from our management, I think the CSA’s internal flow chart days they cannot occupy our jumpiest.
Why not? Jazz, GGN, SKR and AC can all sit in each other's jump seats. All separate OCs with different company policies.
---------- ADS -----------
  

lostaviator
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:42 pm

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#337 Post by lostaviator » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:29 pm

I’m not saying they shouldn’t be able to, or getting into the scab debate: I’m just saying the COM doesn’t support/allow it.

Encore wasn’t able to sit in WJ jumpseats for the first few months, and a few years for transborder.

The direction to CSA’s has been Swoop Pilots can NOT occupy a WJ jumpseat, but just as it was with the encore situation, not all csa’s keep track of this and try and give us jumpseats we legally can’t take. (They still to this day try and give us Encore Fa’s in 737 Fa jumpseats). We are the ones ultimately responsible for operating within the law.

Perhaps it’s been changed, but at last reading, Swoop wasn’t mentioned in the list of approved jumpseats occupants.
---------- ADS -----------
  

cloak
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#338 Post by cloak » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:26 am

Perhaps jumpseat is of little consequence, and the bigger issue is the vendetta against a few pilots and the crusade to "punt" them out of their seats at whatever bargaining cost to the group; that is the real concern!
---------- ADS -----------
  

pelmet
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3558
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:48 pm

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#339 Post by pelmet » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:34 pm

Sorry guys, I hope you don't mind.....I followed part of the thread and then missed a bunch. As an update for me, how many of the Swoop captains(I believe they will be F/O's) will be staying on/leaving. What about the Swoop F.O's.
---------- ADS -----------
  

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1155
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:37 am

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#340 Post by FICU » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:05 pm

I’m sure Flair is happy they were punted from the left seat. Your favourite OTS Swoopster is over there chasing his left seat from what I’ve heard.
---------- ADS -----------
  

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:21 am

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#341 Post by RidersRule » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:47 pm

Heard there is 16 left, that was a couple weeks ago.
---------- ADS -----------
  

DropTanks
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:56 am

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#342 Post by DropTanks » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:00 pm

Last I heard was 14 this past week.
---------- ADS -----------
  

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:21 am

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#343 Post by RidersRule » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:29 pm

Could be. I know Tablyx has gone to Flair.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Tacoma
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:58 pm

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#344 Post by Tacoma » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:31 pm

I see Tablyx is still on westnet!?

Are westjet pilots who are at swoop wearing the WJ uniform or swoop shirt. Saw a Facebook a guy wearing his WJ uniform there. Kudos and proud if that’s the case.
---------- ADS -----------
  

cloak
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#345 Post by cloak » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:46 pm

It's really pathetic and immature how some keep going on about this. Theirs is the example of a team that is so focused on who they perceive as a "Maradona" (few direct-hire pilots) that they have lost focus on important issues and conceded 6 or 7 goals without even turning around to notice it!!
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
JohnnyHotRocks
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 881
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:18 am

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#346 Post by JohnnyHotRocks » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:32 am

What was the outcome with salary and working conditions? Did the Westjet pilots who went to Swoop keep their salary or take a pay cut?
---------- ADS -----------
  

DropTanks
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:56 am

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#347 Post by DropTanks » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:54 am

RidersRule wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:29 pm
Could be. I know Tablyx has gone to Flair.
For realz?
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:40 pm
Location: CYYC

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#348 Post by .80@410 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:07 am

cloak wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:46 pm
It's really pathetic and immature how some keep going on about this. Theirs is the example of a team that is so focused on who they perceive as a "Maradona" (few direct-hire pilots) that they have lost focus on important issues and conceded 6 or 7 goals without even turning around to notice it!!
Curious ... Are you at WJ ? If not then how could your opinion have any weight if it doesn’t affect you in any way? Who are you to tell those that it directly affects that they are immature and pathetic ? You ignore this one issue and you might as well put up an neon sign telling other Scabs it’s ok to F your peers.
Good on ALPA for fighting it.

We’ve got 14 of them left. Some of them think they will be saved by chasing a training Captain position. The arbitrator has been made aware and with any luck he will deal with that too.
---------- ADS -----------
  
Just callin it like it is.

mbav8r
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1832
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:11 am
Location: Manitoba

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#349 Post by mbav8r » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:32 pm

tbaylx wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:59 am
mbav8r wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:04 am
Donald wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:32 am
At $110K/year, the DEC spot at Flair represents a status, pay, and social standing upgrade for the OTS swoopsters.

Seems like a win-win-win and a good move for the likes of tbaylx.
Based on his(tblaylx) post in the flair forum, I’m guessing he’s already applied.
As you so constantly demonstrate here pilots are able to post in the other forums where they aren't currently employed.

The OTS pilots at Swoop were hired for their experience and those who want to go elsewhere won't have any trouble finding work if they so choose.
Guess I was right.
What a stand up guy this tbaylx is, they protected his pay but he jumped ship anyway, I do wonder how he’ll be viewed by Flair pilots.
---------- ADS -----------
  

cloak
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: SWOOP OTS Captains punted from left seat...

#350 Post by cloak » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:56 pm

.80@410 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:07 am
cloak wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:46 pm
It's really pathetic and immature how some keep going on about this. Theirs is the example of a team that is so focused on who they perceive as a "Maradona" (few direct-hire pilots) that they have lost focus on important issues and conceded 6 or 7 goals without even turning around to notice it!!
Curious ... Are you at WJ ? If not then how could your opinion have any weight if it doesn’t affect you in any way? Who are you to tell those that it directly affects that they are immature and pathetic ? You ignore this one issue and you might as well put up an neon sign telling other Scabs it’s ok to F your peers.
Good on ALPA for fighting it.

We’ve got 14 of them left. Some of them think they will be saved by chasing a training Captain position. The arbitrator has been made aware and with any luck he will deal with that too.
Maybe I am, maybe I'm not; maybe you are, maybe you're not. The fact is that it makes no difference, but you would rather play to people's emotions and make enemies out of certain people which makes it easy for you to attack them. This age old tactic, this mob mentality is pathetic! I could explain my points, but in a heavily charged atmosphere when it's so much fun for you guys to bully a few people from the comfort of your homes, it's pointless.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Post Reply

Return to “WestJet”