New Arbitrated Contract

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: New Arbitrated Contract

Post by C-GGGQ »

"this is your first contract. I can't give you what is standard in the industry. You have to grow to that next time" lol wow
---------- ADS -----------

The Tenth Man
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by The Tenth Man »

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HSFV9WL

How is this survey supposed to help? I know that no one is happy with this agreement, but this would have been a binding and final Award, and I cannot believe Kaplan would have made a gross error that subjected the Award to Judicial Review. And how exactly is the author of the survey aware of the precise terms of the arbitration process agreed to by the parties?

MrMerth
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MrMerth »

Probably going to help about as much as your rambling, multiple divisive posts.

Alpa Male
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Alpa Male »

The Tenth Man wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:00 pm https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HSFV9WL

How is this survey supposed to help? I know that no one is happy with this agreement, but this would have been a binding and final Award, and I cannot believe Kaplan would have made a gross error that subjected the Award to Judicial Review. And how exactly is the author of the survey aware of the precise terms of the arbitration process agreed to by the parties?
What a waste of time! Time to grow up children and accept the inevitable. Kaplan made his ruling, and it's fair and balanced. Did you guys honestly think that we'd get 40% raises, YOS and every other demand that we made, during an arbitrated settlement none the less?? FFS!! The minute that these proceeding turned into full interest-based arbitration, you should have all known that this would happen. We made some gains, and the company maintain a few competitive advantages. That's it. Accept it. Move on. A fu@king petition seeking a judicial review? Before the final release of the agreement?? Jesus! :roll:

Listen, ALPA's head negotiator (whatever his name is) said in a recent webinar that "Kaplan has been doing this 40+ years; he will not proceed in a manner that will expose himself to a judicial review." There you have it! However, he was responding to pilot concern that we would get Delta rates and that the company would seek a judicial review. Somewhat ironic really; the same pilots who expressed those concerns are the same ones seeking a judicial review. :roll:

Return to “WestJet”