OTS WesJet Mainline FO

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

IwasInverted
Rank 0
Rank 0

OTS WesJet Mainline FO

Post by IwasInverted »

Will I be sitting in the right seat forever?
---------- ADS -----------

Mrbobmarly111
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: OTS WesJet Mainline FO

Post by Mrbobmarly111 »

It will be 3-4 years from Jazz to AC and about 3-4 years at AC gor upgrade. At Westjet you're looking at 9-12 years.

So 8 to get paid great wages at AC 150 grand as a cpt plus you could always take a FO spot on the 777 and get westjet CPT wages plus.

Anyways I think you're crazy to go to weatjet. But if you have a degree. Go there and apply to AC asap.

And if someone tells you it's less to upgrade at Westjet rhey don't work there. Its 10 plus years and the pay sucks. And remember your pension plan.... well isn't a pension plan.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Mrbobmarly111 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:00 pm It will be 3-4 years from Jazz to AC and about 3-4 years at AC gor upgrade. At Westjet you're looking at 9-12 years.

So 8 to get paid great wages at AC 150 grand as a cpt plus you could always take a FO spot on the 777 and get westjet CPT wages plus.

Anyways I think you're crazy to go to weatjet. But if you have a degree. Go there and apply to AC asap.

And if someone tells you it's less to upgrade at Westjet rhey don't work there. Its 10 plus years and the pay sucks. And remember your pension plan.... well isn't a pension plan.
That’s some of the worst spelling and grammar I have seen! :| :mrgreen:

Let’s Go Brandon
Mrbobmarly111
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mrbobmarly111 »

Yeah never been the best at spelling but that's ok.

Warden
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Warden »

According to Cat Driver we are all dumb pilots since there is no edumacation requirement to hold an ATPL.

ZoomZoom147
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ZoomZoom147 »

Good morning folks,

I’ve recently been pooled and am super excited about it. I have a couple questions for those of you that commute:

-Currently, how long of a wait is it to hold a YYC base? I’ve read the threads and consensus is about 2-3 years. If approved, would a shared seniority list with WJE affect this?
-How feasible is it to commute from YYC-YYZ? Do you bid on longer pairings and/or to start/end your pairings with a deadhead? What are your schedules like?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

yvrpilot82
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yvrpilot82 »

ZoomZoom147 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:44 am Good morning folks,

I’ve recently been pooled and am super excited about it. I have a couple questions for those of you that commute:

-Currently, how long of a wait is it to hold a YYC base? I’ve read the threads and consensus is about 2-3 years. If approved, would a shared seniority list with WJE affect this?
-How feasible is it to commute from YYC-YYZ? Do you bid on longer pairings and/or to start/end your pairings with a deadhead? What are your schedules like?

Don't plan on ever holding YYC would be my advice. Of course no one knows what the future holds. There hasn't been a Calgary spot in I believe around 2.5+ years.
Vancouver is around 5 years seniority currently. The one list with Encore is still being honoured when it comes to base moves. Lots and lots of people with years on the property are still waiting for a spot in Calgary.

kiaszceski
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by kiaszceski »

What about YYZ Encore captain holding a spot in YYC?
How long can it be ?

sstaurus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by sstaurus »

With Encore you could hold YYC right away or within a few months.

FlyYYC
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FlyYYC »

The commute to yyz isn't too bad. Lots of people do it. Don't bid deadheads unless you are prepared to occasionly deadhead to Costa Rica and fly back home. With bidding schedules you can play around with check in check out times to make it more commutable but you will still need a few hotels in yyz per month.

FlyYYC
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FlyYYC »

The commute to yyz isn't too bad. Lots of people do it. Don't bid deadheads unless you are prepared to occasionly deadhead to Costa Rica and fly back home. With bidding schedules you can play around with check in check out times to make it more commutable but you will still need a few hotels in yyz per month.

ZoomZoom147
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ZoomZoom147 »

Thanks yvrpilot82 and FlyYYC

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

I commuted for 7 years to YYC from YYZ, it wasn't too bad. With Onex about to take the helm all bets are off about getting a YYC base. Lets assume for a minute that there is no reduction in YYC, and there are 787's coming (faster then originally planned) you'll see moment in YYC again. How long who knows. But going forward I wouldn't make plans on previous stats, its all going to change.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
ZoomZoom147
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ZoomZoom147 »

Thanks KAG

privateer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by privateer »

ZoomZoom147 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:44 am Good morning folks,

For the last year or so guys have been getting YVR over YYC. It's strange but true. Probably has something to do with lack of affordability vs Calgary's larger pairing pool and better quality of life. IMHO. I am sure there are BC lifers on here that would say otherwise, but honestly Whistler sucks compared to what the Rockies have to offer.

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

Does someone have the 5 first year 737 CA pay?

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

Last edited by DropTanks on Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

:smt040 :smt040 :smt040 can't wait for Jan 1st

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
moe
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by moe »

I’m still anxious that the corp will find a loophole to wriggle out of YOS.

moe
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by moe »

Been bitten one too many times.

Return to “WestJet”