Tim Croyle to retire from WestJet

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Longtimer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Longtimer »

I wonder what drove this decision? Was it perhaps, https://cargofacts.com/allposts/logisti ... eet-grows/
NEWS PROVIDED BY

WESTJET, an Alberta Partnership
Oct 04, 2019, 18:06 ET

CALGARY, Oct. 4, 2019 /CNW/ - Today WestJet announced that Tim Croyle, Vice-President, WestJet Vacations and Cargo has decided to retire.

"The decision has been made with careful consideration and with mixed emotions," said Croyle. "I would like to thank all of WestJet's travel trade, hotel and destination partners for the support and loyalty they have shown for more than a decade. I look forward to watching the great things that WestJet's global aspirations will bring to Canada and the world."

Tim joined WestJet in 2003, as Manager-Airports Projects holding a variety of roles before moving to WestJet Vacations in 2010 where he built a solid foundation for the business and was subsequently promoted to Vice-President, WestJet Vacations.

In March of 2018, Tim stepped in to the Interim Executive Vice-President, Commercial role, leading the launch of WestJet's 787 Dreamliner. Most recently, he assumed responsibility of WestJet Cargo team and its in-house transition.

Tim's last day with WestJet will be October 31, 2019.

The company will begin the process of conducting a search for Vice-President, WestJet Vacations shortly. With Tim's retirement, WestJet Cargo will be moved under Charles Duncan, Executive Vice-President and Chief Strategy Officer.
---------- ADS -----------

tps8903
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Tim Croyle to retire from WestJet

Post by tps8903 »

I feel like there is a WJ Vacations/Swoop/Sunwing/TUI shake up on the horizon. I thought that before the current Swoop/Sunwing deal. Looks like they are testing the waters for a JV or buyout?

plhought
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by plhought »

...Or the guy has made butt-loads of money in the last while and has reached an age where he realised it's not really worth working anymore.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

plhought wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:08 pm ...Or the guy has made butt-loads of money in the last while and has reached an age where he realised it's not really worth working anymore.
VP's at WJ don't make much money. It's in the captain pay range. It's the EVP's that make the big money.

Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Mach1 »

Hey?! Don't the employees need to give 3 months notice when they retire? This guy is less than a month and Gregg "retired effective immediately." There seems to be a different set of standards being applied to certain animals at the farm... as though some animals are more equal than others. :)

I'm going to knock this up a notch with my spice weasle. Bam!

Return to “WestJet”