Westjet = Annoying

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

pilotinprogress
Rank 0
Rank 0

Westjet = Annoying

Post by pilotinprogress »

Westjet is getting more unpopular quickly. The more people I talk to say the same thing. As a passenger I found there boarding annoucements and well everything else just annoying, YAK YAK YAK BLAH BLAH with the usual lisp, They came across very amature and unprofessional.
---------- ADS -----------

Highflyinpilot
Rank 8
Rank 8
Location: Holy Hell, is that what you look like in the morning

Post by Highflyinpilot »

Whats wrong with someone with a lisp, at least there trying!!!!

Beacon Final
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Beacon Final »

hey pilotinprogress if you dont like WJ dont fly em!

Fly big red at 3 times the cost or fly Jetsgo and take a 3 hour plus delay.

WJ is a great airline. They and CanJet are hiring loads of pilots, making room for you and I.

Gimmie a break.

BF

Swamp Donkey
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Swamp Donkey »

It's amazing how narrowminded some people are!

The last time I flew Tango we were sitting near the back. After the FA's came around and asked us if we would like to pay for drinks, headsets, water etc., they went and sat in the back loudly talking about hairstyles and what a crummy job they had.

At least WJ people are happy.

Never again will I fly Tango!!

maxofthenorth
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by maxofthenorth »

I don't think you will fly TANGO again as the airline no longer is around.... it is now a fare on all flights! Man I would love to have the painting contract at Air Canada! I'd be rich! :idea:

RB211
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RB211 »

It's amusing that whenever someone posts something negative about WJ, like PinP did, they get jumped on and told it is ridiculous and unfair.

Someone can say almost anything about AC, even if totally outrageous, and it is accepted as gospel.

I have talked to folks with similar thoughts about WJ. The silly antics and tiresome jokes are not for everybody.

Aside from the 'lisp' part, which is irrelevant, it is a valid opinion.

Wilbur
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Wilbur »

Agree! I also find the antics and jokes of WJ's cabin crews to be juvenile and annoying. Stupid jokes by a 20 something tart are not what I am looking for. All I want is peace, quiet, a coffee and a chance to read my paper as I go from A to B.

For all the complaints made about AC, in the dozens and dozens of times I've flown with them I've only experienced a late flight once, and two excessively long check in lines. WJ's been good in those departements the few times I've taken them, but I havn't flown them enough to really come to a conclusion.

On the route I most often fly, I've also found WJ with the lower price on only one occasion. They are usually the same, or AC a bit cheaper. Of course, until WJ came along to compete on the same route AC was a hell of lot more expensive than they currently are.

Having both around is a benefit to the consumer, and to each their own.

Hun IN the SUN
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Hun IN the SUN »

thanks RB211

Everyones gotta realize too that AC gets the majority of the complaints for one reason. Look at the size difference between AC and wj and amount of passengers carried in a year. I can assure you that if wj was as big as AC they would get just as many complaints.

pilotinprogress
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pilotinprogress »

Isnt it true RB211

thanks

leftyxl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by leftyxl »

Pilot in progress:
Am I to assume by your handle that you are working your way up the ranks? Or that you have achieved that which is your career goal?

Either way, if you are at the place you want to be I would excpect a little more composure form you. For shame :oops:

If you are working your way up then let me give you a little advice...
This is a small business. The but you are kicking today may be the one you have to kiss tomorrow. Even if you don't ever want to work for WJ a lot of people hear and see your attitide. I can't imagine that would be good for your career. Remember we are all in this together so lets play nice in the sandbox :D

"Hey pile it, you wanna hold my bottle?"
RB211
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RB211 »

Leftyxl,

Am I correct to infer from your post that you feel one should not express an opinion unless it is positive? That one must be guarded because others may not agree?

It is pretty sad to think that one's career would be riding on such ideals.

bandaid
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bandaid »

Opinions are great. I think what lefty is saying is chose your words carefully as it is a very small industry. WJ may be annoying to some but I would hazard a guess that their are a large number of pilots out there that would give their left one (not to be gender specific) for a job flying for them.

westjet700capt
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by westjet700capt »

Its not opinion necessarily but bad attidude that will hinder your succsess. What kind of coward would knock someone down who gave everything they had to try and enrich millions of peoples lives and leave a legacy behind of prosperity hopes dreams and a world of purpose and happiness.
I owe my life to westjet and so do thousands of employees and millions of canadians that are proud to have westjet . Westjet has given 5 thousand people a reason to get up in the morning and a future. They have absoluteley stimulated the canadian market with affordable travel. Its easy to belittle someone for trying but not so easy to do something everyone said couldn't be done.Go wilbur and orville, go david against goliath go clive don tim and Mark. go Westjet

pika
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by pika »

Wow. You owe your LIFE to Westjet? How sad I am that you cannot find happiness outside of the company you work for. Your handle says it all. Park the airplane and get a hobby.

RB211
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RB211 »

westjet700capt wrote:Its not opinion necessarily but bad attidude that will hinder your succsess. What kind of coward would knock someone down who gave everything they had to try and enrich millions of peoples lives and leave a legacy behind of prosperity hopes dreams and a world of purpose and happiness.
I owe my life to westjet and so do thousands of employees and millions of canadians that are proud to have westjet . Westjet has given 5 thousand people a reason to get up in the morning and a future. They have absoluteley stimulated the canadian market with affordable travel. Its easy to belittle someone for trying but not so easy to do something everyone said couldn't be done.Go wilbur and orville, go david against goliath go clive don tim and Mark. go Westjet
Holy sensitive Batman!!! :shock:

So it is 'bad attitude' to not agree with everything that WJ does? Who is giving 'everthing' to try an enrich millions of peoples lives? The level of self importance is astounding!!!

WJ is, no doubt, successful and it seems most employees like their jobs, that is commendable. No airline/company is perfect, nor could it satisfy and appeal to every customer.

Now, have another sip of Kool-Aid and relax. :roll:

pogeypilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pogeypilot »

pika wrote:Wow. You owe your LIFE to Westjet? How sad I am that you cannot find happiness outside of the company you work for. Your handle says it all. Park the airplane and get a hobby.
If I had half the hobbies, and women, 700 capt has...I'd sell the farm and kick betsy to the curb. GGGGOOOOOOOOO Big Twig :wink:

Katmando
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Katmando »

I owe my life to westjet and so do thousands of employees and millions of canadians that are proud to have westjet .

You may owe your life but most employees don't and certainly very few canadians do. West Jet is a very good company, but lets not make it out to be what it is not.Experience has shown that if a company like WestJet were to fail today those millions of Canadians would have a seat with someone else tomorrow. :wink:

rightseatwonder
Rank 6
Rank 6

bravo to WEstjet HR department

Post by rightseatwonder »

Man, I can't believe how well the hiring policies at Westjet have been working! (really!) The company moral there is un-rivaled! Ive never heard an employee say anything negative which is an astonding feat in this industry!

Regardless of the "growing pains" they might be having...i think they have their employee selection process down pat!

I think the human resources department should quit now and start a consulting firm. Unbelivable.

(after previewing this it sounds sarcastic to me but its unintential...really)...damn even that sounded insincere.

what to do.

Return to “WestJet”