Applying ??

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

TopRudder
Rank 1
Rank 1

Applying ??

Post by TopRudder »

Hello

Can someone tell me the best way of applying to WestJet. I am not sure if the Workopolis site is still being used, I did update my profile on the WJ site just today.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction

ThanX

TR
---------- ADS -----------

2low
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by 2low »

Don't like Jazz anymore?

twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

I got a call from Jazz 2 weeks ago, wanting to know if I was 'still interested'...(for those of you who don't know me I've been there a year now :shock: ). I guess they didn't see the Westjet header on the Workopolis coverletter. Whoops :roll:

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
Red1
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Red1 »

The workoplis site is still the best way to apply, short of hand delivering your resume.

The force will be with you, always
KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

twinpratts wrote:I got a call from Jazz 2 weeks ago, wanting to know if I was 'still interested'...(for those of you who don't know me I've been there a year now :shock: ). I guess they didn't see the Westjet header on the Workopolis coverletter. Whoops :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Like that day back in 03 I was at home bitching about the company I was currently working with my roomy, and also going on about how I just got the call from Borek and was about to quit. My home phone rings, it's the boss and he tells me congrats about getting on with borek, and to please lock the keypad on the company cellphone - which was in my pocket...opps

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

Nice 8)

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
Nelson
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Nelson »

Just to be clear: Workopolis is the only way to apply. You can walk a resume in; but if you do not have a Workopolis profile it won't go anywhere. With north of 1500 active and qualified applicants, a web based method is the only means to keep track of them all.

Cheers,

Nelson

TopRudder
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TopRudder »

Thanks Nelson

Thats the info I needed.

CYA

TR

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

Quick Question about applying: I work for Jazz now, and I applied via workopolis to WJ. I changed the cover letter and resume and answered all the questions. It shows I have 22 views, but those were all from the Jazz folk a year ago. WJ hasn't looked at all. Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?

TopRudder
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TopRudder »

I would set up a new applycation from fresh. It doesnt take that long.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

I did that, but it seems to do this. Maybe I'll try again.

3Green
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 3Green »

Any idea on numbers required for 2007? At one point I think I read they would resume hiring in January...any rumours?

WJ700
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by WJ700 »

3Green wrote:Any idea on numbers required for 2007? At one point I think I read they would resume hiring in January...any rumours?
I think they take a breather every year between December and January in order to use every pilot they can during the busy season.
WestJet has to hire 8 every three weeks until 2009 and that's only for the confirmed aircraft to date.

Red1
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Red1 »

should start up again in January. Hiring about 80-100 next year.

The force will be with you, always
Dark Helmet
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Dark Helmet »

Hey by any chance do they hire low time pilots........cause you know they do it in Europe and Asia!

WJ700
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by WJ700 »

Dark Helmet wrote:Hey by any chance do they hire low time pilots........cause you know they do it in Europe and Asia!
They lowered the limits but I haven't heard of anyone getting on below 4K yet but that certainly doesn't mean they won't.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Maybe you'll be seeing more Jazz drivers crossing sides...I know there is a bunch that want to jump over.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

Let's hope they're all in front of me at jazz 8)

Dark Helmet
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Dark Helmet »

WJ700 wrote:
Dark Helmet wrote:Hey by any chance do they hire low time pilots........cause you know they do it in Europe and Asia!
They lowered the limits but I haven't heard of anyone getting on below 4K yet but that certainly doesn't mean they won't.
WJ700 I was just joking around there :lol: You might have seen this or not, but there is this quite long argument on the Jazz forum about this rumor of a cadet pilot program.etc,etc.....

Nevertheless I appreciate your answer, I never knew that they have yet to hire anyone below 4k despite them lowering their requirements to 2.5K

Cheers :D

WJ700
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by WJ700 »

Dark Helmet wrote:
WJ700 wrote:
WJ700 I was just joking around there :lol: You might have seen this or not, but there is this quite long argument on the Jazz forum about this rumor of a cadet pilot program.etc,etc.....

Nevertheless I appreciate your answer, I never knew that they have yet to hire anyone below 4k despite them lowering their requirements to 2.5K

Cheers :D
Gotcha! I saw the other thread but fell asleep after the forth post.

Return to “WestJet”