US guy getting hired by Westjet

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

P3pilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

US guy getting hired by Westjet

Post by P3pilot »

I am currently fling for the US Navy and when I get out in the next few years would like to come to Canada to fly. Does anyone know the process? I know I need to be a citizen or landed immigrant but how do I do that? What are the numbers and the websites t do that?How can I get my licenses switch to TC? Any info would be great.
---------- ADS -----------

Four1oh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Four1oh »

I don't know personally how it's done, but I do know WJ has hired from outside the country. I think your best bet would be to go to the westjet.com site and send them an email and see what they have to say.

Good luck!

Drinking outside the box.
WJ700
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by WJ700 »

We have a few from US regionals ect. Maybe post this in the AC forum as they have a way bigger pilot group and will have more known examples.

McDoo the Irish Navigator
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by McDoo the Irish Navigator »

First go here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp
then go here http://c3dsp.westjet.com/guest/jobs/ind ... 1978220489

Welcome to Canada,
glad to have ya.

Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean no-one's out to get you.
CCnCoke
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by CCnCoke »

I guess there's not enough qualified Canadians out there???

invertedattitude
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by invertedattitude »

Welcome to Canada if/when you get here, you'll never look back :D

neophyte
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neophyte »

Welcome,

Although you won't find the big bucks here (in aviation anyways), you will never find a better place to raise a family.

All the best!

NEO

McDoo the Irish Navigator
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by McDoo the Irish Navigator »

Excuse me..
I can assure you that Westjet and Air Canada both pay far more than the USN and up to TEN times more than a US regional carrier. Even Jazz pays more than them. (what will jazz pay the 250 hr gear pullers?)
As for Southwest, on my last cruise I had dinner with a Southwest skipper every night for a week. He makes what I make. What we really wanted to know was, how much did the ships's Captain make?
This guy will be ecstatic when he gets here and settles in and buys a house that will go UP in value.
Again welcome to Canada, have a Cohiba with that glass of Havana Club.
(thinly veiled comment on the hipocrisy of US foreign policy)

Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean no-one's out to get you.
neophyte
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neophyte »

Sorry McDoo, no offense intended. I should've been more specific. I was talking more of the world scale, not North America. There is a reason a lot of guys do the expat thing and head to the sand box; that is where the money is.

Too bad I prefer "our home and native land" and Hockey Night in Canada! I can't wait until October!!!

Regards,

Neo

P3pilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by P3pilot »

I looked at the CIC immigration website and it said that if a company in Canada offered me a job then the company would have to get all the paperwork in order. The skilled workers application is for someone that is coming to Canada with out a job. It also requires you to have a substantial amount of money in the bank to survive before you get the job in Canada. I hopefully will be coming with a job. I know when I came with the government that they had all the paperwork ready for me when I got here.

Also does anyone know the number to Westjet or AC hiring department or HR department. If I could find out from them what I would need then I can get working on it.

Flightlevels
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Flightlevels »

don't waste your time, unless you have landed status/legally entitled to work in Canada, you won't have a chance. It is in black and white on the hiring requirements on the workopolis site. If there was a skill/pilot shortage it might have a different landscape. There unfortunately for you, isn't.

Return to “WestJet”