WestJet Agreement 2.0

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

crazy woman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: WestJet Agreement 2.0

Post by crazy woman »

Me too. At least I'm getting '705' time. You guys should consider yourselves fortunate that you work for the best airline in Canada and a with a really good agreement as well.
---------- ADS -----------

Four1oh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Four1oh »

As soon as it's ratified, I'll agree with you!

Drinking outside the box.
The Tenth Man
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by The Tenth Man »

rudder wrote: Sun May 24, 2009 8:55 am
jonny dangerous wrote:Now if we did unionize and consequently ended up with seniority driven schedule bidding (a given), how long would it be before Frog Legs could hold weekends off? Christmas?

What about the inevitable reserve coverage system? How high up the list would an F/O have to be before he/she could avoid reserve days. Very sucky for the YHZ commuters.

And then how long before the FAs follow suit and join CUPE and mtce joins IAMAW?

The drama would be awesome though. Think of all the fun things we could talk about in the cockpit, you know, how management is screwing us all the time.

And grievances. Man those are great.

Where do I sign?
What a load of C.R.A.P.

You could certify the WJPA with status quo (Agreement 2.0) as your collective agreement, including the present system for pilot scheduling and vacation bidding.

A campaign of misinformation is not a valid strategy to avoid a real debate on the merits of certification, but is the most common tactic used.
Well, this jonny dangerous character was a little off the mark, but not completely so, nine years ago. He seems wicked smart. Wherever did he end up?

The Tenth Man
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by The Tenth Man »

But the rest of that guy's posts in this thread show a complete lack of understanding of labour law and legislation. I hope he did some studying in the intervening years.

FL410AV8R
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FL410AV8R »

China_CAAC_Exam wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:14 am
rudder wrote: Sun May 24, 2009 8:55 am
jonny dangerous wrote:Now if we did unionize and consequently ended up with seniority driven schedule bidding (a given), how long would it be before Frog Legs could hold weekends off? Christmas?

What about the inevitable reserve coverage system? How high up the list would an F/O have to be before he/she could avoid reserve days. Very sucky for the YHZ commuters.

And then how long before the FAs follow suit and join CUPE and mtce joins IAMAW?

The drama would be awesome though. Think of all the fun things we could talk about in the cockpit, you know, how management is screwing us all the time.

And grievances. Man those are great.

Where do I sign?
What a load of C.R.A.P.

You could certify the WJPA with status quo (Agreement 2.0) as your collective agreement, including the present system for pilot scheduling and vacation bidding.

A campaign of misinformation is not a valid strategy to avoid a real debate on the merits of certification, but is the most common tactic used.
Well, this jonny dangerous character was a little off the mark, but not completely so, nine years ago. He seems wicked smart. Wherever did he end up?
I actually thought he was yet another of your multiple personas that you keep holding conversations with.

Return to “WestJet”