Upcoming westjet flights

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

jpar84
Rank 3
Rank 3

Upcoming westjet flights

Post by jpar84 »

Hello,

Complete shot in the dark here, but I will be flying Westjet return to Orlando this upcoming week. I will be on WS0479 cyul-cyyz tuesday the 24th departing 7am, WS1228 cyyz-kmco departing 10am, and returning the monday the 30th, on WS1075 departing kmco direct for cyul at noon.

If by chance anybody on this foum will be flying these flights let me know, I would love to get a picture inside the flight deck.

cheers
JP
---------- ADS -----------

BLZD1
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Upcoming westjet flights

Post by BLZD1 »

Just deplane the aircraft last and ask the pilots. I can see no reason why they would say no! At the company I work for it happens all the time especially with kids and never have seen anybody turned away. Have a good trip!

jpar84
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jpar84 »

BLZD1 wrote:Just deplane the aircraft last and ask the pilots. I can see no reason why they would say no! At the company I work for it happens all the time especially with kids and never have seen anybody turned away. Have a good trip!

Thanks!

twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

Yeah, just ask on your way out, they will no doubt get you in there for a pic, and answer some Questions for you.

Have a great time in MCO! 8)

I want to die like my grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
loopa
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by loopa »

I was recently on 3 westjet flights and every single pair of crews up front were nothing but super nice people.

Go up, say hello, thank them for the flight and comment on their landing. Things pilots like to hear. Then ask them if it would be okay for a great photo.

Have fun !

jeff_w_yeg
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by jeff_w_yeg »

I did it last year on a flight from Edmonton to Winnipeg. I asked the F/A when I went up front to use the lav. He said he'd check with the Captain. By the time I got out of the lav, he already had an answer for me: Yes. Told me to wait until the other passengers had gotten off the plane and then come up front. I was welcomed into the flight deck with a handshake and a smile...and was gladly given the chance to have a photo:

Something I'll remember forever :)

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

jeff_w_yeg wrote:I did it last year on a flight from Edmonton to Winnipeg. I asked the F/A when I went up front to use the lav. He said he'd check with the Captain. By the time I got out of the lav, he already had an answer for me: Yes. Told me to wait until the other passengers had gotten off the plane and then come up front. I was welcomed into the flight deck with a handshake and a smile...and was gladly given the chance to have a photo:

Something I'll remember forever :)

Nice!! This is what got me hooked on this career. Only, I was 4 and it was on a KLM 747-300. I still have the picture. It's my daily reminder of why I do what I do. Yes I would like some wine with that cheese :P

jpar84
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jpar84 »

Thanks for the replies everyone. Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to get my photos because I was either in a hurry to catch my connection or didn't want to keep my ride waiting in each case. I should have plenty more oppurtunities in the near future however. Its great to know that the Westjet crews are generally welcoming to those who take an interest. Thats one of the things that makes the career so attractive everybody involved has the bug and are more than willing to share it, just like the flu hahah.

Jeff thats a great shot buddy, the deck of the 737ng sure is a beauty!

cheers
JP

CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CAL »

good on the WJ crew for allowing the pic...the cockpit has become so off limits these days....nice to see pilots remembering why they do what they do...

gulfan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by gulfan »

Why isn't the parking brake set?

The Fish
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by The Fish »

kevin.snaden wrote:Why isn't the parking brake set?
Chocks are in.

Return to “WestJet”