50 Q400 at WJ being farmed out

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

True North
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: 50 Q400 at WJ being farmed out

Post by True North »

Well it's obvious WJ should just shelve the whole regional idea. All the internet experts say it's doomed so it must be true.

Wait a minute...that's what they all said in 1996 too. :lol:
---------- ADS -----------

anonymity
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by anonymity »

"Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it"
Winston Churchill.
If you don't want to take lessons from the past you deserve what you get. Unfortunately the rest will suffer along with you.
I don't believe anyone is saying,"shelve the whole regional idea", just saying a seperate company is a bad idea frought with many other's who have done the same and suffered the consequences or reaped the benefits, depending on where you sit(inside the boardroom or out).

Rotten Apple #1
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Rotten Apple #1 »

Oh, were I of better breeding.

I meant 'gently', not 'firmly'.

Smitty
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Smitty »

anonymity wrote:"Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it"
Winston Churchill.
If you don't want to take lessons from the past you deserve what you get. Unfortunately the rest will suffer along with you.
I don't believe anyone is saying,"shelve the whole regional idea", just saying a seperate company is a bad idea frought with many other's who have done the same and suffered the consequences or reaped the benefits, depending on where you sit(inside the boardroom or out).
Using that logic then, Westjet should never had started in the first place.

The problems at the other airlines were started by the pilots themselves and the suits just exploited the animosity (Lawyers too!!). JMHO, but it will be up to the pilot group to build an inclusive atmosphere.

Realitychex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Realitychex »

anonymity wrote:Realitychex, I had to read your post several times and still don't get it. Are you being sarcastic or ironic?
I've seen a few LCC launches in my day. All have been successful and all still operate independently.

The proposed venture is a start up, and, like WS in 1996, needs to enter the marketplace with the lowest possible costs, at all levels within the organization.

8)

RussD
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RussD »

RD Out

Last edited by RussD on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
Realitychex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Realitychex »

RussD wrote:
Realitychex wrote:
anonymity wrote:Realitychex, I had to read your post several times and still don't get it. Are you being sarcastic or ironic?
I've seen a few LCC launches in my day. All have been successful and all still operate independently.

The proposed venture is a start up, and, like WS in 1996, needs to enter the marketplace with the lowest possible costs, at all levels within the organization.

8)
WTF are you babbling about pal. This isn't a start up any more than ZIP was for AC. You clearly are pipe lining the disinformation that GS has mislead the troops with. This so called 'vote' was a red herring to divert the interest from the real concern (different employee group, different seniority list,different representation) to the minor issue of Wawcon. The vote is bogus. The less than totally subverted get it. Shame on you and the other for the clear misrepresentation of the facts. I take it back. Some REAL WestJetters get it. You ain't one of them

RD Out

....and how successful was Zip?

True North
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by True North »

RussD wrote:
Realitychex wrote:

8)
WTF are you babbling about pal. This isn't a start up any more than ZIP was for AC. Except that AC was WAY more honest about the nature of ZIP(common seniority ,common employer, common representation) than you are being. You clearly are pipe lining the disinformation that GS has mislead the troops with. This so called 'vote' was a red herring to divert the interest from the real concern (different employee group, different seniority list,different representation) to the minor issue of Wawcon. The vote is bogus. The 'fix' was in. The less than totally subverted get it. Shame on you and the other for the clear misrepresentation of the facts. I take it back about losing faith with the REAL WestJetters. Some REAL WestJetters get it. You ain't one of them

RD Out
It must be tough going through life as bitter and twisted as you are. Best of luck to you.

stickontheice
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by stickontheice »

I can't think of one time that Gregg has misled us. He said he'd consult the employee group on it and he did. All WJ employees had a say and potential veto over the Regional. I am looking forward to the results this week. I am confident once this passes we'll have a good input into future wawcon. Judging by the interest already expressed by potential regional pilots we'll have a great group of future men and women for our new company.

tallyho
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tallyho »

What is this WAWCON of which everyone speaks? Thought WJ didn't have a union.

Brewster
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Brewster »

tallyho wrote:What is this WAWCON of which everyone speaks? Thought WJ didn't have a union.
I don't believe you need a certified union to use the terminology.

Return to “WestJet”