Livery Change. . .

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Kestral
Rank 1
Rank 1

Livery Change. . .

Post by Kestral »

Just curious if any of you working at WestJet have heard if the company will someday change/update its livery? Or, will they just leave well enough alone?

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with the current one, but many airlines over there years have freshened up or some what modernized their brand and look. There is a cost of course involved with painting aircraft, but couldn't they be slowly phased in after D checks when I think they have to be repainted regardless??

On the flip side though some airlines such as AA have kept their same look for decades.
---------- ADS -----------

URC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Livery Change. . .

Post by URC »

After Westjet merges with Porter and Air Transat, and after Air Canada completes their metamorphosis and changes their name to Royal or Jetsgo, Westjet will probably change their brand to Canadi<n Airlines. This should all be complete circa 2017.

bombardierfixer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bombardierfixer »

It was tried once already...812...I keep on submitting non routines to have it paint matched to the rest but to no avail.

Duffman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Duffman »

I'm definately not a fan of that careantee livery but hoping you guys do something nice on your 100th aircraft...

Realitychex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Realitychex »

Duffman wrote:I'm definately not a fan of that careantee livery but hoping you guys do something nice on your 100th aircraft...
Southwest stuck with the same livery, (baby puke brown....their description, not mine) for about 30 years and it didn't hurt them a bit.

Change for the sake of change is never a good idea. It can be indicative of a management team that has run out of good ideas.

8)

Last edited by Realitychex on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Hammer
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Hammer »

People are incredible creatures of habit and brand recognition is very important even in aviation. Look at some of the most successful brands in the world to see that. Nike, Coca cola, Campbell's soup, etc are just a few. Same look for a long time.

Same with store layout's. Why does every safeway, walmart, home depot seem to have a different layout? I like Rona, Costco because shit is always in the same place.

Change for change's sake is a bad idea. Ever heard of NEW COKE?

I think AC paints an airplane differently every time they lose a billion $. Seriously, they have killed the Jazz/Georgian/CMA paint schemes for the baby blue (ugly) paint scheme because it confused their customers. Now it is consistently ugly. :roll:

tropoflyer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tropoflyer »

I don't see WestJet's livery changing any time soon. The exception could be the regional paint scheme. That is still an exciting mystery.

crj_705
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by crj_705 »

tropoflyer wrote:I don't see WestJet's livery changing any time soon. The exception could be the regional paint scheme. That is still an exciting mystery.
Is this what you were looking for???

Attachments
WestProp 2013.JPG
WestProp 2013.JPG (136.74 KiB) Viewed 3035 times
tropoflyer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tropoflyer »

crj_705 wrote:
tropoflyer wrote:I don't see WestJet's livery changing any time soon. The exception could be the regional paint scheme. That is still an exciting mystery.
This isn't official, is it? Looks sharp either way. The Q400 is a great looking airplane.

whiteguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by whiteguy »

tropoflyer wrote:
crj_705 wrote:
This isn't official, is it? Looks sharp either way. The Q400 is a great looking airplane.
Saretsky has said in an interview that the Regional will be in Westjet livery.

whipline
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by whipline »

Shouldn't it be "WestProp"?

Return to “WestJet”