WJE Flow through

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: WJE Flow through

Post by jjj »

If 75% flow to the '37 from Encore then 25% come off the street directly to the '37.

25% of 250 hires is 62.5 that will go directly off the street to the '37 and bypass Encore.

That's all.
---------- ADS -----------

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jjj »

If 75% flow to the '37 from Encore then 25% come off the street directly to the '37.

25% of 250 hires is 62.5 that will go directly off the street to the '37 and bypass Encore.

That's all.

Don't forget - the seniority list is date of hire. Those hired directly into the '37 will upgrade after all the Encore peeps already on the property.

Heisenberg666
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Heisenberg666 »

jjj wrote:If 75% flow to the '37 from Encore then 25% come off the street directly to the '37.

That's all.

Don't forget - the seniority list is date of hire. Those hired directly into the '37 will upgrade after all the Encore peeps already on the property.
I believe the 250 hires cited by Dave P is hiring at both mainline and Encore. In other words, there are less than 250 Boeing 737 vacancies, so hence the question about having a breakdown of vacancies.

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

Yes it could be 100 WJ spots and 150 WJE ones so in reality it could be more 100 x.25 = 25 off the street for mainline but I don't know the real numbers.

DaveP
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by DaveP »

Hi Guys
We are looking at roughly the stated numbers (as mentioned above) 90-100 for WJ and about 150 for WJE respectively. Flow aside ( which hasn't been determined yet for 2017 courses) some other variables like WB growth, scheduling rules and retirements are still and will be coming into play. (2 more retired this week)

It's also worth noting that several of the upcoming WJE courses will be Calgary based and WJ will likely continue to be a mix of Calgary and Toronto based.

Take care,
Dave

Flyfisher21
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Flyfisher21 »

Dave P,

This may have been answered in another thread but do these numbers mean that the mainline hiring portal may open again soon or is there still enough candidates in the current pool to supply any OTS mainline hiring in 2017?

DaveP
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by DaveP »

Hi
Just throwing that around a little right now to be honest.
The old WJ pool is pretty much exhausted. I'm not sure if we will simply draw from the old posting or put a fresh one up.

Cheers

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Having flown with a bunch of former encore pilots moving onto the 37, they all have the same comment, its a good job. There are still aspects to improve upon, but from first hand accounts they're a content bunch.
Just thought i'd pass that along.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
DaveP
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by DaveP »

Hi guys,
Quick hiring update:

- The last course coming up for WJ on October 3rd ended up being 100% flow from Encore
- WJE currently has two postings open for both bases (Yyz,Yyc) direct entry captain and first officer
- The WJ direct posting will be opening October 1 for a period of 1 month (interviewing beginning in October to build a pool for early 2017)
- Hiring numbers are up slightly to 120 WJ and roughly 200 WJE
- WJE Flow will be planned for a minimum of 75percent (more if operationally able) this is up from the minimum of 50%

As always, subject to change - ill pass along updates when I can.

Take care,
Dave

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

Out of curiosity DaveP, is that 200 needed for WJE including the attrition expected due to flow to WJ, or is that 200 new positions with additional positions needed due to attrition?

Cheers

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
DaveP
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by DaveP »

Hi Sky,
It’s a combination of both - flow and growth included in that number. There are between 7-9 new tails expected in 2017 for WJE.

Cheers

avbird
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by avbird »

Does anyone know how many gs encore is expecting to run in the near future?

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

DaveP wrote:Hi Sky,
It’s a combination of both - flow and growth included in that number. There are between 7-9 new tails expected in 2017 for WJE.

Cheers
Very interesting DaveP, thanks for that. Interesting times ahead with you guys forecasting 200 next year and Jazz looking at 140 by August. Certainly a good time to be a relatively low experience pilot.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
KK7
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KK7 »

gyqapilot wrote:Any word on recent percentages of flow through? I know jazz/ac is 80%
Are you sure about that? My understanding is that AC is hiring 80% from their CPA carriers, not just from Jazz.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

KK7 wrote:
gyqapilot wrote:Any word on recent percentages of flow through? I know jazz/ac is 80%
Are you sure about that? My understanding is that AC is hiring 80% from their CPA carriers, not just from Jazz.
Your understanding is wrong then, the first PML of Jazz pilots makes up 80% of all courses until the last pilots on that list are there, 20% is "off the street" but it is my understanding that those spots are being filled mostly from the other two, Sky and GGN.
Once the original PML has run through, the PMA will be 80% from all tier 2 carriers on a headcount basis, ie; if Jazz pilot group is 60% of the pilots then 60% of the spots will be Jazz pilots. Of course, the details of the next PMA has not been released but the ratio of it has been incorporated into the body of the first one.

bruced007
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bruced007 »

Oh its completely wrong!!!

After the JAZZ PML the ACPA would establish the required ratio to be hired for the future and I have not come across anywhere that the PMA from tier 2 would be 80% and if it were to be that would flush the express carriers dry of "experienced pilots".

P.S current upgrades at the express carriers are far below normal norms
mbav8r wrote:
KK7 wrote:
Your understanding is wrong then, the first PML of Jazz pilots makes up 80% of all courses until the last pilots on that list are there, 20% is "off the street" but it is my understanding that those spots are being filled mostly from the other two, Sky and GGN.
Once the original PML has run through, the PMA will be 80% from all tier 2 carriers on a headcount basis, ie; if Jazz pilot group is 60% of the pilots then 60% of the spots will be Jazz pilots. Of course, the details of the next PMA has not been released but the ratio of it has been incorporated into the body of the first one.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

bruced007, that was a very difficult read, try a little punctuation!
First, the ratio is written into the PML which is an agreement that was negotiated between Jazz and AC, the pilot unions had no input other than how to deal with the deferral.
Second, ACPA, not "the ACPA" although technically correct, it sounds ridiculous. Anyhow, ACPA does not set the ratio, it was established in the PML and if you have access to the PMA, I can assure you it is very clearly written that the ratio will be 80% from all express carriers on a headcount basis.
Lastly, this is a thread about Encore flow and if you feel the need to discuss Jazz et al. further, I'd be happy to continue in an appropriate thread.
http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopi ... 1&t=103921

bruced007
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bruced007 »

Yes, I am most certainly aware that this is not the right thread however I am just continuing on from the previous posts.

As far as punctuation goes, I apologize I will take the most attentive care for the future. Referencing the ACPA (the 'The' is grammatically correct as its a preposition), I am not at AC or WJ, however my friend at AC told me the PML applies to only JAZZ PILOTS and nothing has been signed on with regard to the express carriers yet. Yes, I am aware that they are hiring pilots from the express carriers as well but there is no flow through established yet. I respect your assurance nevertheless, if what you say is true with regard to express carriers, well then its clearly not being followed, I know a handful of friends at express carriers who have been there for over 5-10 years and haven't even been called for an interview. While my friends at Jazz were given the flow through as per their seniority.

I'm just sharing my opinion as this is a forum meant for discussion. Coming back to this thread, I salute WJ as they have stuck to their promises and have a proper flow through in place.

mbav8r wrote:bruced007, that was a very difficult read, try a little punctuation!
First, the ratio is written into the PML which is an agreement that was negotiated between Jazz and AC, the pilot unions had no input other than how to deal with the deferral.
Second, ACPA, not "the ACPA" although technically correct, it sounds ridiculous. Anyhow, ACPA does not set the ratio, it was established in the PML and if you have access to the PMA, I can assure you it is very clearly written that the ratio will be 80% from all express carriers on a headcount basis.
Lastly, this is a thread about Encore flow and if you feel the need to discuss Jazz et al. further, I'd be happy to continue in an appropriate thread.
http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopi ... 1&t=103921

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

Does anyone have a copy that they could post of the upgrade matrix at WJE, please?

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

I believe if you apply and get a response back for an interview they send it out as part of the package. I think the DEC job posting also had it but I'm not 100% sure.

Return to “WestJet”