WPPA.ca

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

nogood4u
Rank 0
Rank 0

WPPA.ca

Post by nogood4u »

Card drive at WestJet?

It's about time guys!

Good luck!
---------- ADS -----------

True North
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: WPPA.ca

Post by True North »

Do you work there?

Why is it about time?

albatross
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by albatross »

It's about bloody time!!!

twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

Boo!
I came here to get away from this $hit.
:evil:

anonymity
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by anonymity »

twinpratts, I am curious, what shit is it you were trying to get away from?

The shit where management will do whatever they can to lower their cost units even if that means destroying a certain long held culture of working together, or;
The shit where management and the elected, not company appointed reps, will bargain and hopefully gain a mutually beneficial agreement.

It already appears as though you have a management team that does not respect the culture that once was. What remains is, whether or not you hold on to the belief that you're all owners and not just another cost unit that needs some protecting, we shall see, I suppose!

elvis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by elvis »

I also have heard some very angry comments from their pilots wrt the forced base moves. Many had bid ports of their choice , bought homes , uprooted families etc etc.,only to be forced to YYZ base. The entire company will be commuting it seems come Feb.

The pilot association seems to be facilitating the companies position by offering signing bonus of $10,000 per pilot if concessionary offer passes 50%+ 1.

The public feels the WestJet expirance is also getting worst with dirty A/C interiors and not enough buy on board on long flights and very poor inflight entertainment .

Perhaps it is time for a strong voice ,since management seems to be taking the company in an all too familiar direction. SIMULAR to the "we don,t care we don,t have too" outfit.....

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

The public feels the WestJet expirance is also getting worst with dirty A/C interiors and not enough buy on board on long flights and very poor inflight entertainment .

Please don't lay on more of the third rate FA comedy routine and have us jump up and down to wave at the back-end FAs. I swear to Christ that will be it for me and I don't care if the flight is free.............................

:smt006 :butthead:

7thirtyseven
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 7thirtyseven »

After that rant I guess we can add "slightly loco" to the list somewhere!

Howitzer
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Howitzer »

Huge difference in voting down an agreement and signing up for a union.

George Taylor
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by George Taylor »

Hey Old Fella, f***ing walk then, you fly for next to nothing and bitch and moan about everything.

RB211
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RB211 »

George Taylor wrote:Hey Old Fella, f***ing walk then, you fly for next to nothing and bitch and moan about everything.
Wow. Is that the words of one of them 'owners' that care soooo much?

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

RB211 wrote:
George Taylor wrote:Hey Old Fella, f***ing walk then, you fly for next to nothing and bitch and moan about everything.

Naw...... walking not required because Air Canada, Jazz and Porter are still here, speaking of which I give AC and their affiliates A+ for their domestic service and Porter B+. I haven’t been on Porter enough but what I experienced was very good. So there!!!!

:smt040 :smt040

double-j
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by double-j »

Old fella wrote:
RB211 wrote:

Naw...... walking not required because Air Canada, Jazz and Porter are still here, speaking of which I give AC and their affiliates A+ for their domestic service and Porter B+. I haven’t been on Porter enough but what I experienced was very good. So there!!!!

:smt040 :smt040

Old Fella, you are entitled to your opinion regarding the service without repercussion. By the way, WJ is getting less animated in the back. Is that a good thing?? Depends who you ask but It really did make us as a company and many people love it. Different strokes I guess. I do respect your opinion though.

Reading through george's posts, I dont believe he works for WJ. Could be wrong, and if so I am disappointed with his personal attack!

Captain @ WJ

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

Old Fella, you are entitled to your opinion regarding the service without repercussion. By the way, WJ is getting less animated in the back. Is that a good thing?? Depends who you ask but It really did make us as a company and many people love it. Different strokes I guess. I do respect your opinion though.

Reading through george sugars posts, I dont believe he works for WJ. Could be wrong, and if so I am disappointed with his personal attack!

Captain @ WJ[/quote]

First of all, I didn't mention anything about WJ service, just the stand-up comedy routine(check-in and in-flight) or "back end animation" as you call it. However, as you correctly pointed out it set WJ apart and your guests latched on to it, fair enough. I didn't and I know of others who are not fussy as well, fair enough also. Full disclosure, I haven't been on your airline in over a year and a half, maybe two. It's not that I won't but to give you an example I flew to Toronto must be a dozen times over past two and a bit years on family visits. I hate LBPIA and dealing with the traffic on the Gardner(cause I go to the east part of the fine city) and crowds at LBPIA so I head into YTZ, you chaps don't go there(yet). One time I had to go to YYZ from YHZ and WJ had the best price amongst them all, so off I went. It was a good trip with A+ service even with the chattering FAs and yer B737 all versions are quite comfy and it does beat a Q400 with props smashing in your ears in the low-mid 20's

So there :smt008

PS I really like visiting Toronto, love the city has a lot to offer. I take in Jays games and do hope ole RC can light a fire under the Leaf's asses this season

You take care and certainly appreciate your polite commentary.

Best
OF

albatross
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by albatross »

The vote on our agreement was "postponed".......again. Wonder why?

IFR Pilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by IFR Pilot »

Last edited by IFR Pilot on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
flyer 1492
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by flyer 1492 »

IFR Pilot wrote:Because senior execs and WJPA are going to keep pushing until they get the answer they want to hear.
So it begs the question, who do the members of the WJPA represent.....

IFR Pilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by IFR Pilot »

Last edited by IFR Pilot on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
True North
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by True North »

And here all this time I thought WestJet was the place to work. Good pay, good working conditions, new a/c, lots of varied destinations and good working relationship with your management.

Was it all a lie or are you guys just the whiners that you sound like?

Marinth
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Marinth »

True North wrote:And here all this time I thought WestJet was the place to work. Good pay, good working conditions, new a/c, lots of varied destinations and good working relationship with your management.

Was it all a lie or are you guys just the whiners that you sound like?
Probably neither, it was the place to work, and they're hoping to keep it that way. WJ seems to be trying to change that, from what it sounds like anyway.

Return to “WestJet”