Playstation PSP

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

No Conflict
Rank 7
Rank 7

Playstation PSP

Post by No Conflict »

Hey All,

Thinking of getting the playstation PSP.... plays games, MP3's and dvd's... looks like the perfect thing for long flights :)

Anyone have any experience with them? are they worth the $$?

Thanks
NC
---------- ADS -----------

CID
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CID »

Yah...not bad. With the latest operating software you can surf the net if you have an available wireless hotspot.

The browser is kind of limited as it can't play much multimedia or SWFs etc but its good for webmail etc. Its also RSS enabled so you can get all the latest RSS feeds and podcasts on the road.

As far as other stuff, you really need to get extra memory to get the most out of it. A 1GB memory stick runs about $140. It has to be the new "DUO" type. The old SONY sticks don't work.

If you're good with a computer you can cram alot of stuff in even 500 MB. Right now I've got 4 1/2 hour episodes of stuff to watch as well as a bunch of other smaller clips, and about 400 JPEGs and 20 MP3 songs on it.

You can't run any applications on the thing like you can a palm or similar so if you need that sort of thing, don't bother with this.

The movies you can get play really nice but you need headphones. The speakers are pretty tinny but will do in a pinch. The games are comparable with the PS2 considering the size of the PSP.

You can go multiplayer over the wireless connection.

Overall, its worth the bucks as long as you understand its pure entertainment. I haven't found any other practical use for the thing unless you consider keeping up with news and stuff on RSS feeds "practical".

Oh...one more thing. It doesn't play DVDs. The drive is a special format mini-disc. called UMD or something like that.

Cheers

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

Trying to figure how to use my sat radio in the A/C.....I think they only work with FM receivers? Love the thing in the car though!

Return to “The Water Cooler”