:shock:

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

mellow_pilot
Rank 10
Rank 10

:shock:

Post by mellow_pilot »

---------- ADS -----------

Dyslexics of the world... UNTIE!
desksgo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by desksgo »

If you spent 3 days surveying people in a major Canadian city, I am sure you could come up with 3-5 stupid answers that you could put on tv to make the world go "wow Canadians are so dumb".

I question the motives here.

bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by bmc »

Name the three cities. I dare you. :D

bmc
Walker
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Walker »

Search the statistics how many people per capita have traveld overseas in Canada VS the US.....

. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.

Post by . ._ »

I still think we're just as dumb as Americans. I'd wager a good 20 percent of Canadians don't know who our Prime Minister is, or could find Ottawa on a map.

mellow_pilot, get off your high horse! You must be getting all the "smarter than thou" attitude from all of the genius university students you're hanging around.

-istp :P

niss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by niss »

I'd wager a good 20 percent of Canadians don't know who our Prime Minister is
I'd wager a good 20 percent of Canadians are in denial and do not want to admit who our prime minister is.
Search the statistics how many people per capita have traveld overseas in Canada VS the US.....
Search the statistics of how many people per capita ride the short bus in Canada vs. the US, it would be pretty easy to find the ones in the US they are all in that video.....
*Pointing To Australia* You know, I never realized how much larger North Korea is compared to south Korea!

She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
Beacon Final
Rank 5
Rank 5

mellow thanks man

Post by Beacon Final »

Thanks for the wicked video....

First I laughed.

Then I laughed some more.

Then I was critical....

Next I felt ill, and really hope the George W didnt see that video because if he did Australia is gonna get nuked!

I can't believe that many people and that stupid. I am no genius, and am not the best speller. But I am aware that AUSTRALIA IS NOT FUC<IN NORTH KOREA!

I can't name every countries position on the globe but come on.... I bet that same guy could to that routine anywhere in the world and people would pick up on the fact that Australia is not IRAN!!!! I would pay too see this skit done in Ethopia or another 3rd world country, where schools and books are rare. I am willing to bet that they would be a heck of alot smarter than the trash in that video.

I can't believe the US is the most powerful nation in the world and are Canada's "best friends"

I feel ill. End Rant

Duffman: Hey Duff lovers! Does anyone in this bar loooove Duff?
Carl: Hey, it's Duffman!
Lenny: Newsweek said you died of liver failure.
Duffman: Duffman can never die, only the actors who play him. Ooh yeah!
Nark
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Nark »

If we Americans are so dumb, why are we the worlds only super power?

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Semper Fidelis
“De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites"-
Do not wish death for your enemy, plan it.
Beacon Final
Rank 5
Rank 5

super dumb

Post by Beacon Final »

I have respect for many American, and am even related to a few. And Canada is far far from perfect. I am in awe of your military might, your great navy and airforce. Hell I loved that JAG tv show even.

But (there is always a but!) What I am also in AWE of is the fact that someone who was not homeless pointed to Australia and thought it would be a good idea to bomb FRANCE.

So answer me this Mr. Semper Fi, if thousands of Americans died in France in WW1 and WW2 (biggest player on D-Day) how the hell could anyone from your great super power mistake Australia for France..... answer me this. COME ON!

And yes you are the worlds supposed only superpower at the moment but that is slowly changing. And I dont think that is a great thing. I wish more NATO countries were like the US.

bzhpilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bzhpilot »

I don't think being a super power (whatever that means) is a proof of intelligence...

niss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by niss »

Notice how the biggest bully at the playground was also the dumbest kid in school?

confuzed
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by confuzed »

Nark wrote:If we Americans are so dumb, why are we the worlds only super power?
Wow...arrogance at its finest I suppose. So, do you not acknowledge anything that China is doing and will become in the future? Interesting.

On the topic though, I have met some incredibly stupid/ignorant people from the United States. On some occasions you feel like beating your head on a wall. Still though, I have met some incredibly intelligent people from the U.S. as well....it's just sad that the stupid/ignorant ones seem to over populate the intelligent ones.

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.
Pugster
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Pugster »

Sum it up like this folks...

The most disturbing fact about the world is that 50% of it's inhabitants are of below-average intelligence...

mellow_pilot
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mellow_pilot »

At least most Canadians wouldn't mistake a CONTINENT for Iran/France/N. Korea.

Also, give that America is a super power, and has troops stationed all over the world, you'd figure that sort of knowledge (ie the general position of places of interest) would be widespread.

Now, all of you should be ashamed for taking this too seriously and not laughing at stupidity when it presents itself. Obviously the fools were setup, but then only a fool could be setup like that. LAUGH DAMN YOU!!! Especially you, istp. Laugh not, and you shall rue the day!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Dyslexics of the world... UNTIE!
Nark
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Nark »

I think it's incredibly naive of you to say that America is stupid based on a skit.

I have met some incredibly stupid people on both sides of the borders, and also some incredibly intelligent people as well.

I'm not arguing that America is smarter; I believe someone did a study on school age kids, and we didn't fair too well against European countries.

I was trying to get across to you people on your soapbox, that we’ve been a super power for many years. We are going to be one for a number of years to come. You don’t stay in that position being governed by retards.

There are other countries coming along, ie China, however if you know anything about China they have a very long way to go.

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Semper Fidelis
“De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites"-
Do not wish death for your enemy, plan it.
Lurch
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Lurch »

Nark wrote: You don’t stay in that position being governed by retards.

Did Bush resign?

Take my love
Take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care
I'm still free
You cannot take the sky from me
grimey
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by grimey »

mellow_pilot wrote:At least most Canadians wouldn't mistake a CONTINENT for Iran/France/N. Korea.
Most Americans wouldn't either. They interview the 20 stupidest looking people they can find on a campus of 10,000, and air a couple responses from 2-3 of them. Yea, that's a scientific survey. Alot of the guys they interview know shit about the US too, so it's not like their education is what's limiting them, they're just dumb fucks (those 2-3 people, not americans in general).

Last edited by grimey on Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by niss »

Did Bush resign?
:smt082 :smt081 :smt080 :smt038 :smt046 :smt044

I am reminded about a saying....something to do with the blind leading the blind.

grimey
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: super dumb

Post by grimey »

Beacon Final wrote:So answer me this Mr. Semper Fi, if thousands of Americans died in France in WW1 and WW2 (biggest player on D-Day) how the hell could anyone from your great super power mistake Australia for France..... answer me this. COME ON!
You don't think there are a small percentage of Canadians who don't know where Juno beach is?

http://www.canada.com/globaltv/national ... 45c568212f

I'm pretty sure there are alot of clueless fucks up here too.

Beacon Final
Rank 5
Rank 5

morons

Post by Beacon Final »

Grimy: I hate what those 2 did but I bet they could point out France on a map.

And I am sure many a Canadian are unaware of what Juno beach is excatly... but the majority that grew up / went to grade school in Canada know what we did.... The Dept of Veteran Affairs has done a kick ass job with the CANADA REMEMBERs Project.

I dont hate Americans at all. In fact Mr. Clinton and FDR are 2 of my fav world leaders of all time. What FDR did during the depression and the war was brilliant. 5 year plans and allowing the Lend Lease Act to the Brits. And Clinton spear heading the air campaign in the Balkans among other ventures all very impressive.

Now we should all stop fighting and just make fun of George "Dub-ya" Bush. Even Nark can agree to do that!

Hey NARK are you a Marine? Just curious.

BF

Return to “The Water Cooler”