Merry Christmas!!!! That's right - I said it, sue me coward

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Apollo
Rank 7
Rank 7

Merry Christmas!!!! That's right - I said it, sue me coward

Post by Apollo »

That's right, I said it - MERRY CHRISTMAS! I don't care if you're Jewish, Muslim, or whatever - I'm wishing you a Merry Fucking Christmas - so sue me, because apparently you're offended by my good will!

You know what's really really sad in Canada? The utter lack of Christmas decorations, here in Bangkok, everywhere you look there's a Christmas Tree, or Christmas lights, or a big 500' billboard that you can see on the approach wishing everybody a Merry Christmas. There's nothing like that in Toronto - hell, we're afraid that we're offending people by having them up in the first place? Christians arn't even a fucking majority in Thailand!

So let me ask you this - what is so bloody offensive about a christmas tree, and wishing people a merry christmas? We are tolerant of you - so why can you not return the favour. It's not like the christmas trees have ornaments of burning Korans and Torahs... Come the @#$! on people, show a little of the tolerance towards us that we show towards you.
---------- ADS -----------

Guido
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Guido »

I'm sorry, I wasn't listening... what?

bob sacamano
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bob sacamano »

Don't be shy dude....

Fine, I'll post your picture for you!

Merry Bangkok Christmas to you too.

:smt109
niss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by niss »

Come the @#$! on people, show a little of the tolerance towards us that we show towards you.
I have nothing against the christmas tree or merry christmas stuff, but it amazes me how people will sit there and say "look how tolerant we are of you".

There are bad apples in every bunch, for every non christian who got offended at a merry christmas or a christmas tree there is a toppled headstone in a jewish cemetary, a swastika painted somewhere, a mosque vandelized, and a visible minority tormented.

I would say the tolerence level is pretty even handed.

She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by hazatude »

BEST
THREAD
EVER
!

mellow_pilot
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mellow_pilot »

If I wish someone a merry christmas, it has nothing to do with christianity. I'm sorry, but the holiday is about getting together with family and eating turkey... kinda like a big thanksgiving, with extra time off.

Screw the christian overtones, I don't give a @#$! if you want to pretend it's Jesus birthday, hell, have a cake and candles if you want. Truth is, the guy was born in May or something...

I've been saying happy holidays for years without giving it a second though, not because I'm trying to be non-offensive, but because I won't see people over the holidays (plural, christmas and new years). See, two holidays, hence, happy holidays

But just cause people have nothing better to whine about: Merry Christmas to all.

Dyslexics of the world... UNTIE!
No Conflict
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by No Conflict »

MAN, I am SICK AND FUCKING tired of hearing people bitch about xmas... Can't remember where (rye and coke doing it';s job), but a airport was forced to take down it's Christmas Trees cause a Rabbi objected.... GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK..........I consider myself a NONracist and NONbiased person, but HEY, you MOVED to this country (US or Canada), so DEAL with it.... If I was in a foreign country, I would RESPECT the local customs.....

I strongly believe that any person, no matter what race or belief, has the right to celebrate as they choose, but DO NOT FORCE the rest of us to bow to your beliefs or traditiions...

When in ROME........ Etc etc....

NS

No Conflict
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by No Conflict »

No Conflict wrote:MAN, I am SICK AND FUCKING tired of hearing people bitch about xmas... Can't remember where (rye and coke doing it';s job), but a airport was forced to take down it's Christmas Trees cause a Rabbi objected.... GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK..........I consider myself a NONracist and NONbiased person, but HEY, you MOVED to this country (US or Canada), so DEAL with it.... If I was in a foreign country, I would RESPECT the local customs.....

I strongly believe that any person, no matter what race or belief, has the right to celebrate as they choose, but DO NOT FORCE the rest of us to bow to your beliefs or traditiions...

NS
BEFORE people jump all over me, I WOULD NOT force a foreign place to CHANGE it ways just cause I moved there.....

No Conflict
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by No Conflict »

AND, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all....... with a TREE, and Decorations, and presents, and EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUE ME TOO!!!!!!!

Go ahead, TRY to get me to take down my tree.......FAT CHANCE!!!!!!!!!

NC

2low
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by 2low »

Try to drink lots of water before bed tonight eh. It will help in the am. :wink:

costermonger
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by costermonger »

No Conflict wrote:Can't remember where (rye and coke doing it';s job), but a airport was forced to take down it's Christmas Trees cause a Rabbi objected....
Seattle, and he wasn't offended at the Christmas tree, rather the lack of Hanukkah decorations. Rather than put some up, Sea-Tac took down the Christmas tree until press coverage forced them to change their stance.

Anyway.. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Cheerful Kwanzaa.. Whatever you happen to be celebrating during this season, I wish you good will.

No Conflict
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by No Conflict »

2low wrote:Try to drink lots of water before bed tonight eh. It will help in the am. :wink:
I'm all over that..... Been there, done that ;)

As for Hanukkah decorations, I see the point. BUT, do Jewish countries have Christmas Trees set up? Again, in my books, ALL are equal.... Whatever your belief, A SAFE and happy holiday season for all, no matter where you are from!

FlyYukon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FlyYukon »

Happy Festivus! hope you have your Festivus Pole set up!

Flying is the second greatest thrill in life... landing is the first.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand. I dont care, Im still free. You cant take the Sky from me
bob sacamano
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bob sacamano »

Can't wait till the the airing of grievances and the feets of strength.

:smt109
Idriveplane
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Idriveplane »

Avcanada at its finest :)

Golden Flyer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Golden Flyer »

No Conflict wrote:MAN, I am SICK AND FUCKING tired of hearing people bitch about xmas... Can't remember where (rye and coke doing it';s job), but a airport was forced to take down it's Christmas Trees cause a Rabbi objected.... GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK..........I consider myself a NONracist and NONbiased person, but HEY, you MOVED to this country (US or Canada), so DEAL with it.... If I was in a foreign country, I would RESPECT the local customs.....

NS
Here, Here. Merry Christmas to the rest of us. Canada could never have any more traditions... NEVER... It just died. Look, we have to change for everyone. However, everybody gets to go to their homeland and keep their own tradition....

P.S. I wasn't born here. Been here since a tiny and man.... things are now fucking sad! Yes Yes

"Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible"

Edward Vernon Rickenbacker

All Pilots & Prospective Pilots Should Have Read:
http://walter.freefuelforever.com
Walter Gilles
Emirates: B-777
No Conflict
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by No Conflict »

Ok, Sober this morning :)

That being said, I DID not mean to offend anyone with that first post... I'm just tired that saying "Merry Christmas" is becoming politically incorrect...

Yes, we in Canada are a very accepting bunch, and rightly so, we live in the greatest country in the world (Except for the pilot jobs part). I believe we are a stronger country due to our mix of peoples and beliefs.

SO, Don't get mad at me if I tell you "Merry Xmas", I mean it in the nicest possible way :lol:

niss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by niss »

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:54 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, Sober this morning

That being said, I DID not mean to offend anyone with that first post... I'm just tired that saying "Merry Christmas" is becoming politically incorrect...

Yes, we in Canada are a very accepting bunch, and rightly so, we live in the greatest country in the world (Except for the pilot jobs part). I believe we are a stronger country due to our mix of peoples and beliefs.

SO, Don't get mad at me if I tell you "Merry Xmas", I mean it in the nicest possible way
LOL, glad your better, I have no problem with people venting about how they hate having to conform to others wills. I do however hate when people list dumb reasons for it.

Par example:
I consider myself a NONracist and NONbiased person, but HEY, you MOVED to this country (US or Canada), so DEAL with it.... If I was in a foreign country, I would RESPECT the local customs.....
Not everyone who is differant from you or I moved to this country. Someone in their liniage did but so did someone from your liniage.

Just gotta say my piece.

Peace!

She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Merry Christmas all!!!

I am sober, and I will say that as a Canadian, I'm sick of being "politically correct". The way I see it, it's Canada, we do have our traditions, if ya don't like it, don't participate. Not good enough, tough shit.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
RVR6000
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RVR6000 »

Blame these guys for the war on christmas.

http://www.blasphemychallenge.com/

http://www.endchristmas.com/

Return to “The Water Cooler”