Israel sees Hezbollah surpassing pre-war firepower

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

If Lebanon allows Hizbollah to re-arm and launch another attack, should they be held responsible for the war that follows?

Yes
50%
No
31%
No Opinion
19%

Total votes: 16

niss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by niss »

If Lebanon & the UN allows this to continue they better not bitch when Lebanon gets what it deserves.

JERUSALEM - Lebanon's Hezbollah guerrillas are replenishing rockets launched or destroyed during their war with Israel last year and will soon have a more powerful arsenal than before, a top Israeli intelligence analyst said on Monday.

The remarks in parliament by Brigadier Yossi Baidatz, chief of research in Israel's Military Intelligence, looked likely to fuel public ire at a 34-day conflict that many Israelis believe undermined their national security by failing to rout Hezbollah.

"Hezbollah is building up more firepower than it had before the war. Some of this ordnance has arrived, and some is still en route from Syria," a spokesman for the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defence Committee quoted Baidatz as saying in the briefing.

The assessment drew a response from Defence Minister Amir Peretz, who has argued that Israeli forces, by overrunning Hezbollah positions along the border, prepared the groundwork for a more effective U.N. peacekeeper deployment.

"Power comes down to more than just counting rockets," the panel spokesman quoted Peretz as saying at the session. "Let's remember that Hezbollah's network of outposts has been demolished. It is not even at a quarter of its pre-war status."

The Knesset discussion took place amid increasingly defiant rhetoric by Hezbollah, a Shi'ite militia which, since the war, has launched a wave of protests against the Western-backed government in Beirut.

Hezbollah's leader, Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, said in a speech on Friday his group was stockpiling arms for a possible new round of face-to-face fighting with Israel.

"We in the resistance publicly say that we have weapons. We make public that we are completing our readiness for what is bigger and more dangerous. We make public that we are moving arms to the front," Nasrallah told a rally in Beirut.

Israeli and Lebanese troops exchanged fire on the frontier on Feb. 8. No one was hurt.

Israel went to war after Hezbollah killed eight soldiers and abducted two in a July border raid. Around 1,200 mostly civilian Lebanese were killed in the offensive. Hezbollah rocket salvoes and ambushes killed 158 Israelis, most of them troops.

Under an Aug. 14 truce, the United Nations boosted its peacekeeper forces in southern Lebanon, known as UNIFIL. A UNIFIL spokesman was not immediately available for comment on the statements from Hezbollah and Israel.

UNIFIL has said in the past that its mandate is to ensure Hezbollah does not have a military presence south of the Litani river. UNIFIL is not authorised to monitor for any arms smuggling by Hezbollah from its patrons Syria and Iran, both of which say their support for the group is purely political. (Additional reporting by Nadim Ladki in Beirut)

(c) Reuters 2007. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.
---------- ADS -----------

She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by bmc »

There are 198 countries in the world and we continue to obsess with Israel.

Niss....you deserve a wedgie.

bmc
bob sacamano
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bob sacamano »

an atomic wedgie.

:smt109
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I'm rather sick of hearing about that region. Cant they just nuke it all and get it over with??

bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by bmc »

Atomic wedgies are too fast. You're too aggressive Bob.

Niss needs (not deserves) a slow loving tug, gently lifting him off his feet, then hooking his wasteband on his forehead.

Then make him buy us beer.

bmc
bob sacamano
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bob sacamano »

bmc,

you do the gentle love tugging and I'll drink the beer.

Sounds kosher?

marktheone
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by marktheone »

As long as they keep it over there who cares? :shock:

desksgo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by desksgo »

Niss, I can get you front seats for the next war, if interested. Avcanada will also buy you the ticket on EL AL or EI EI EI OW, or whatever goofy airline gets ya there.

marktheone
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by marktheone »

desksgo wrote:Niss, I can get you front seats for the next war, if interested. Avcanada will also buy you the ticket on EL AL or EI EI EI OW, or whatever goofy airline gets ya there.
Probably only have to wait 5 or 10 minutes for the next war to start too.

. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.

Post by . ._ »

It's amazing these Arab countries don't get it.

If you threaten Israel, you get bombed. If you don't threaten Israel, you don't get bombed.

It's that easy.

-istp :roll:

Dash-Ate
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Israel sees Hezbollah surpassing pre-war firepower

Post by Dash-Ate »

[quote="niss"]If Lebanon & the UN allows this to continue they better not bitch when Lebanon gets what it deserves.

[quote]

Yeah let's go and destroy more cilillian towns and infastructure. Hey it works in Gaza I guess. :x

Using your """logic"" the US is ripe for a nuke attack and that it will "get what it deserves" if Israel and the US allow an iran invasion.

Oh my how differnt things look when the tables are turned. Remember its only terrorism if THEY do it. IF we do it to them it is allowed.

Dash-Ate
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Dash-Ate »

p.s. what did I say here before. Israel has sworn to destroy all arabs. It makes no secret about that. It seeks to desroy their way of life. It has proven this time and time again. Israel will make up any excuse to destroy arab civillians in any country. and I'm not even arabaic. Just a white dude who doesn't want my future kids to fight in their wars.

Vickers vanguard
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Vickers vanguard »

Dash-Ate wrote: and I'm not even arabaic. Just a white dude who doesn't want my future kids to fight in their wars.
Glad to hear there are people who understand how hard Israel had tried, managed more than once, and will always work trying to get the west involved in their shitty plots.

bob sacamano
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bob sacamano »

fret not boys and girls. Israel won't last to see it's 100th birthday.

Golden Flyer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Golden Flyer »

bmc wrote:There are 198 countries in the world and we continue to obsess with Israel.
Honestly, it's just another country people. More important things to talk about...

"Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible"

Edward Vernon Rickenbacker

All Pilots & Prospective Pilots Should Have Read:
http://walter.freefuelforever.com
Walter Gilles
Emirates: B-777
niss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by niss »

Dash-Ate wrote:p.s. what did I say here before. Israel has sworn to destroy all arabs. It makes no secret about that. It seeks to desroy their way of life. It has proven this time and time again. Israel will make up any excuse to destroy arab civillians in any country. and I'm not even arabaic. Just a white dude who doesn't want my future kids to fight in their wars.
Time and time again you have stated that it has been proven that Israel is trying to destroy all Arabs. And time and time again I have asked you to show me this proof. And time and time again you come up empty handed. Why is that?

She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
Jet Dog
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jet Dog »

proof?? umm where have you been for the last oh I dunno 50 yrs? check out newspapers, new on tv, its a shady country, such that it won't acknowledge they actually do have nukes, almost as if theres something to hide. Now which middle east country has weapons of mass destruction.. hmm wasn't Iraq... not Iran, not Palestine, not Lebanon... hmmm who.. who has nukes... oh right its that fairy tale of a magical wonderful country of peace and peaceful ppl, ah yes what a blessing it is to have a country to get the west to fight their wars and give weapons, and money, cause they deserve it.

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

Just to add fuel to the fire ...

1200 lebanese dead...Lebanese....not soldiers or anything.
Just innocent people caught up in Israel's defence of itself.
It takes a special kind of thinking to invade someones country, kill innocent people, and then justify it all as necessary to defend your country. 158 Israelis dead....mostly soldiers.

Seems like a good ratio if it is a war on attrition.

Sooner or later the world is going to look at the facts, not the propoganda.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Why does Isreal not destoy the Factories that make the Weapons that threaten it ????.Those factories must be legitimate military targets???And not many would complain if those factories were razed and the people working in them all all killed instaed of the civilians that are destroyed when missiles are launced out of their neighbourhoods in the Lebanon.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

@#$! you and this topic. why don't you learn to get along and stop pushing your jew agenda.

Return to “The Water Cooler”