PILOTS NOT PAYING THEIR BILLS

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

but where do you think not paying is going to get you? Become enough of a pain in the ass and TC will simply withhold your privileges (for that is what they are) until you pay up.

Rockie, you obviously have not read to many of my posts, so let me fill you in on this subject.

Transport Canada under the leadership of and approved by Merlin Preuss a moral degenerate of the higest order has already witheld the " privilege " for me to work in my profession as pilot in Canada.

You obviously are very naive and experience insulated in aviation if you are so ignorant of how the system works that you fail to understand just how corrupt TCCA really is.

So you just keep bending over so they can aim all that sunshine up your ass.
---------- ADS -----------

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Cat Driver wrote:
but where do you think not paying is going to get you? Become enough of a pain in the ass and TC will simply withhold your privileges (for that is what they are) until you pay up.

Rockie, you obviously have not read to many of my posts, so let me fill you in on this subject.

Transport Canada under the leadership of and approved by Merlin Preuss a moral degenerate of the higest order has already witheld the " privilege " for me to work in my profession as pilot in Canada.

You obviously are very naive and experience insulated in aviation if you are so ignorant of how the system works that you fail to understand just how corrupt TCCA really is.

So you just keep bending over so they can aim all that sunshine up your ass.
I've read enough of them to know you have a serious beef with the department and Pruess. I don't know enough to form an opinion one way or the other. But what's that got to do with me or any of the other tens of thousands of pilot who do have our privileges? I still have to earn a living and will conduct myself accordingly, but if you want to pay me then I'd be happy to champion your cause. I have more experience and am not nearly as naive as you think Cat. And I have personal experience with Mr. Preuss that helps me form my own opinion thank you very much. I liken you with Michael Moore. You know doubt have serious issues, but everything you say about TC is spun according to your own view of things and may not necessarily be completely accurate. I'm not saying you're wrong, just a tad biased due to own personal experiences.

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

I've read enough of them to know you have a serious beef with the department and Pruess. I don't know enough to form an opinion one way or the other. But what's that got to do with me or any of the other tens of thousands of pilot who do have our privileges?[/
quote]

Rockie the fact that you asked the question in red shows that you are totally missing the simple fact that if they ( Preuss , Nowzek, Sincennes and Sherritt ) to name the most powerful of this group of dishonest self serving thugs can do this to me then I would suggest that you should really be concerned.

I am certain that there are very few members of this group who have the background in aviation that I have and have managed to get through their career accident free with no reglatory record of non compliance to the rules.

What happened to me is simple.

I was not willing to accept bully tactics from a TC inspector who was abusing the power of the office he held. ( He resigned from TCCA two days after the RDG, TC saw the documentation of wrongdoing by said inspector )

When I went to Dave Nowzek with my complaint he and Merlin Preuss refused to do the jobs they are paid to do, ensure that TCCA is managed in a fair and lawful manner. They instead bankrupted me and my company to protect one ot their inspectors who was acting illegally...period....

So if they can do this to me they can also do it to you.....

Unless of course you are to cowardly to stand up for your rights and just accept unlawful actions by TCCA and allow them to operate in that manner.

And I have personal experience with Mr. Preuss that helps me form my own opinion thank you very much.
[/quote]

That makes this simple then Rockie, get in touch with Merlin and ask him why he will not respond to my issues?

And just to poke a stick at him tell him I am comfortable with alleging he is a moral degenerate on a public forum read by thousands of people....but of course we both know he is already aware of that don't we Rockie.

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

I guarantee that Rocky will drive you crazy, Cat. The sound in the background you hear is the sound of readers screaming, running out the door and signing on with Jazz to get away from their computers.

I don't know how you do it Rocky, but you get under my skin every time you post one of your supercilious pompous bland postings. I hate conjecture, so if its not what you really do its what you sound like: I'm convinced, seeing how you have personal dealings with Preuss, that you either sit in a cubicle in Ottawa with piles of memos in front of you or you are an Anglican minister. And I apologize to any Anglican ministers who are reading this.

You're like the squeak in the dashboard in my car; the noise my stove door makes when I open it; the guy with the sign who stops you on the Trans Canada to allow 735 cars going the other way to use the single lane first; the guy at the bus stop who needs to tell you his life story and he's an accountant; the ghetto blaster on the beach when there's only one other person there; the sound of a Metro who dropped his checklist outside the terminal when you've already gone through screening; the shit that sticks to my dog's fur when we're both in a hurry;

Aaaarrrrggghhhhh!

"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

I don't believe I said what kind of an opinion I have of Merlin Preuss, just that I have one based on my own experience with him. You can make all the assumptions you like on that score. You no doubt have a beef with TC Cat, but don't expect everyone else to jump on your bandwagon who don't. You're just not that important and very, very few people feel threatened by Transport Canada. And since you bring up your vast experience yet again, I'm pleased you have had such a long, interesting and fruitful career. Big deal. So have I and a lot of other people. Lots of people know more about flying airplanes than you do so enough already.

Xsbank.

It's Rockie, not Rocky. And I invite you to stop reading my posts before you give yourself a stroke.

lyncher
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lyncher »

BEST POST I HAVE EVER READ!!!!

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

You're just not that important and very, very few people feel threatened by Transport Canada. And since you bring up your vast experience yet again, I'm pleased you have had such a long, interesting and fruitful career. Big deal. So have I and a lot of other people. Lots of people know more about flying airplanes than you do so enough already.
Rockie you are evading the real issue here, my experience and background is very, very relevant to the issue of how TCCA is run under Merlin Preuss.

Now please concentrate for a few moments and try and digest this very important fact.

If Preuss can allow his underlings to destroy someone with my background in aviation for no other reason than to protect some TC employees who are guilty of unacceptable conduct that should be fair warning to anyone else who thinks abiding by the rules will inoculate them from thugs like Preuss.

Or are you of the opinion that the rules and the law are only meant for us the industry to abide by and Preuss and his ilk are exempt?
You're just not that important and very, very few people feel threatened by Transport Canada.
The very fact that you would have the gall to say that I am not that important is indictive of how shallow your thinking is.

So tell me who in this society do you feel are important enough to be protected by the regulator and who of us are just nobodys to be cast aside to protect thugs in TCCA?

I'm pleased you have had such a long, interesting and fruitful career. Big deal. So have I and a lot of other people.
The difference between you and I on this forum Rockie is I can prove my background and experience and do not hide who I am, you on the other hand are just Rockie and could be an idiot that can't find is villiage.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

[quote="Cat Driver The difference between you and I on this forum Rockie is I can prove my background and experience and do not hide who I am, you on the other hand are just Rockie and could be an idiot that can't find is villiage.[/quote]

The difference between you and I Cat is that I don't feel as if I have to prove my background and experience, and I am not bothered that you, xsbank or anyone else thinks I'm an idiot that can't find his village. I have no agenda and I have nothing to prove to anyone here.

I mean it though when I say good luck on your crusade against all that is evil in Transport Canada. Let us know how it turns out.

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

I mean it though when I say good luck on your crusade against all that is evil in Transport Canada. Let us know how it turns out.
Well I can answer that for you right now.

After years of using the legal system to prove my allegations against Preuss and his cronies and winning on every count I am no further ahead now than before I first started the process....

...Preuss and his ilk are protected totally and it is very unlikely that anyone will ever bring about any changes to the system.

But at least I tried.

Fortunately not being able to work in Canada was the best thing that ever happened to my career, so I guess they did do something positive for me by forcing me to work overseas.

For sure I do not lack for opportunities to work as I have had another two offers to go back to work in the past month.

One in Greece and one in Portugal and then a ferry flight to Australia...but I am happy to just stay retired.

P.S.:

Another satisfying result that my attempt to get a just resolution from TCCA has given me is the pleasure of posting here and outlining just how corrupt the regulator has become, especially under its present management.

How long do you think these allegations would remain on this forum if I could not back up my allegations with irrefutable proof of what I post?

Please do not get the idea that I am disillousioned with life because of these issues...far from it as I am quite content with my present situation.

Last edited by Cat Driver on Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Have you tried the press? It takes political embarassment to move mountains.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Have you tried the press? It takes political embarassment to move mountains.

Widow
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Widow »

Cat doesn't need to prove himself to you, or anyone here. He proved himself by surviving this industry for something like half a century - just like several other AvCanada posters who are highly critical of Transport Canada.

No government agency is perfect. No rules or regulations are perfect. Nor are they likely ever to be. That does not mean that when a problem is recognized that something shouldn't be done to try to fix it. And that does not mean changing where the liability rests, it means looking for real solutions. A good, fair and honest government agency would consult with the stakeholders and use their suggestions - not ignore them. Heck, even bad, unfair and dishonest government agencies usually follow their own recommendations.

Former Advocate for Floatplane Safety
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

I didn't ask Cat to prove anything to me Widow. And with all due respect you needn't lecture me on the imperfections of regulations and organizations, government or otherwise. I agree with everything you just said.

Widow
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Widow »

No, you didn't say he needed to prove it to you. But you implied that he feels the need to prove it.
Rockie wrote:The difference between you and I Cat is that I don't feel as if I have to prove my background and experience ...
I apologize if you felt I was lecturing you. From my standpoint, if you are cognizant of the problems within TCCA, and you are involved in the aviation industry, it is apathetic to stand back and watch, while you do nothing. Your posts rock back and forth between giving the appearance of agreement that there is a problem at TCCA, and being too busy working to do anything about said problems.

I may be mistaken, but it seems to me this apathy is a big part of why many problems that existed ten years ago when SATOPs was completed, still exist today.

The "lecture" was intended to address this apathy - whosoever it belongs to.

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

Good we all are on the same side......

Maybe, just maybe something will light a fire under Harpers ass and to survive he will have to be seen doing something to clean out this cess pool at TCCA....

.....but from what I see with his Transport Minister I wouldn't hold my breath waiting....where do they find these people????

Why do we elect them???

...and yes, I have tried to intrest the media ..but so far they have not shown any real interest in this as corruption in these government departments has become so systemic it is not newsworthy anymore.....

Widow
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Widow »

I think aviation issues are way over most reporter's heads anyway.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Widow wrote:I think aviation issues are way over most reporter's heads anyway.
Corruption and malfeasance isn't. There was a long running series of articles in several newpapers recently on aviation safety that garnered a lot of attention and kudos for the reporters who did it. Talk to them.

Everybody has things they care about Widow including me, but I don't post them on here because while I might care about them I don't expect anyone else to. It is not apathy if someone doesn't care enough about your issue to get involved. There are far too many injustices in the world for all of us to care that deeply about all of them. We'd go crazy wouldn't we?

This whole thing started with some uncharitable things being said about people who paid their medical fees like sheep, and weren't couragious enought to withhold payments. I see no problem with user fees because the old system was far worse and my great-grandkids will still be paying for it. Plus I think it's childish and self-defeating to gamble with your livelihood like that. That point of view wasn't real popular with some people here who aren't particular about the insults they throw around.

I really don't know if Cat is right about the upper echelons of Transport Canada. If he is then I hope he prevails. But you cannot criticize people for not taking up the same cause.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Most reporters are looking for the nine second story.As they are servicing a market that has the attention span of a gnat.Blood guts and gore in nine seconds for the front page . Beauracratic bungling and cover ups are not sexy enough to make the reporter famous.Can you imagine Christine amannapour reporting about the pen pusher who had his pen in his left hand and not his pen in his right hand.When asked "why his 'pen is 'the wrong hand" he replied "Wafflegabb"

just another pilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by just another pilot »

Hmmm. I have given this some thought. If the Canadian Press can write a story about "deadbeat pilots," are we not entitled to a rebuttal? I mean grouping pilots with deadbeat dads is a little on the dramatic side.
How about; "Deadbeats at Transport Canada billing starving pilots for phantom service."

Return to “The Water Cooler”