China arms both sides

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Dex
Rank 8
Rank 8

China arms both sides

Post by Dex »

China financed the Iraq war, has lucrative oil contracts already and is selling arms to both sides of the conflict. War is hell isn't it?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbc ... 70092/1008
---------- ADS -----------

sky's the limit
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by sky's the limit »

It's funny when the Americans get a taste of their own medicine. Iran/iraq war anyone? Anyone?

stl

grimey
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by grimey »

China is hardly alone in selling arms to essentially anyone who wants them.

hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by hazatude »

I thought that America was the bad guy? China has flaws? WTF?

Dust Devil
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Dust Devil »

sky's the limit wrote:It's funny when the Americans get a taste of their own medicine. Iran/iraq war anyone? Anyone?

stl
I don't think it's funny. but to each their own.

sky's the limit
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

euphemism
noun [C or U]
a word or phrase used to avoid saying an unpleasant or offensive word:
'Senior citizen' is a euphemism for 'old person'.

In this case DD, "funny" is a euphemism for a host of other words that could be inserted into that sentence.

There is nothing "funny" about people killing each other, pretty sure I've made that abundantly clear on here over the years. However, the Yanks are LAST ones who should be crying foul over something like this. Next thing you know, someone will start an Arms Race with them in order to bankcrupt the country, and they'll howl over that too...

That article on the other hand does make me laugh, particularly the "officials" quotes. Uh, maybe that's the point being made??? :roll:

stl[/i]

hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by hazatude »

sky's the limit wrote:euphemism
noun [C or U]
a word or phrase used to avoid saying an unpleasant or offensive word:
'Senior citizen' is a euphemism for 'old person'.

In this case DD, "funny" is a euphemism for a host of other words that could be inserted into that sentence.

There is nothing "funny" about people killing each other, pretty sure I've made that abundantly clear on here over the years. However, the Yanks are LAST ones who should be crying foul over something like this. Next thing you know, someone will start an Arms Race with them in order to bankcrupt the country, and they'll howl over that too...

That article on the other hand does make me laugh, particularly the "officials" quotes. Uh, maybe that's the point being made??? :roll:

stl[/i]
Are not the, "Yanks" our friends and biggest trading partners?

Dash-Ate
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Dash-Ate »

USA UK and Russia are the biggest arms dealers in the world. They will sell land mines, cluster bombs and shock batons (used for torture) to ANYONE. That's called spreading democracy. :x

That'll buff right out :rolleyes:
hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by hazatude »

Dash-Ate wrote:USA UK and Russia are the biggest arms dealers in the world. They will sell land mines, cluster bombs and shock batons (used for torture) to ANYONE. That's called spreading democracy. :x
And all the Islamics do is cut the heads off 23 Korean Christains...

The West is the bad guy in all of this :roll:

sky's the limit
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

hazatude wrote:
Dash-Ate wrote:USA UK and Russia are the biggest arms dealers in the world. They will sell land mines, cluster bombs and shock batons (used for torture) to ANYONE. That's called spreading democracy. :x
And all the Islamics do is cut the heads off 23 Korean Christains...

The West is the bad guy in all of this :roll:

Actually Haz,

The West is complicit in so many atrocities it would make your head spin, but go ahead and continue to snuggle up to Uncle Sam... "Good Guys," they are NOT, they just claim to be. And no, I could care less if the US is our biggest anything, their policies both Domestic and International are brutal, and I don't support them at all. The number of people on here who do is disturbing, I can only hope it's because they've not bothered to read a little before typing.

stl

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

Well as I have learned from having lived in so many hell holes around the earth war and killing is as much a part of human nature as taking a piss.

Now having seen enough of the different cultures who are involved in these activities I will take the American culture over the radical Islamic culture any day.

But hey, that is only my opinion.

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
sky's the limit
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

That's fine and dandy Cat, I'm in full agreement with you. However, last time I checked nobody was holding a gun to my head forcing me to make that choice. I'm not Islamic, and I'm not Christian, I don't care to live in the Middle East or America, there are better ways to do things.

But hey, that's only my opinion. :wink:

stl

bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by bmc »

Living in the Middle East isn't a problem. The Middle East is a large region. And, I hate to shock people, not full of Islamic fundamentalists.

If we're measuring on body count, the Christians are winning with half a million dead in Iraq.

I guess at least the people of Iraq can vote now, so it's worth it, right? :roll:

I have lived in the Middle East and I would live there again, long before I move to the states. I'm not that interested in having to arm my house.

bmc
Apollo
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Apollo »

bmc wrote:Living in the Middle East isn't a problem. The Middle East is a large region. And, I hate to shock people, not full of Islamic fundamentalists.

If we're measuring on body count, the Christians are winning with half a million dead in Iraq.

I guess at least the people of Iraq can vote now, so it's worth it, right? :roll:

I have lived in the Middle East and I would live there again, long before I move to the states. I'm not that interested in having to arm my house.
Hear hear! I'd take the Middle East any day over the US... Too many crazy motherfuckers in the US for my liking.

. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.

Post by . ._ »

I wonder which city is statistically safer, Washington D.C. or Tehran.

-istp :smt017

Dash-Ate
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Dash-Ate »

Weren't the 9-11 hikackers from Saudi and Pakistan?

U.S. Plans New Arms Sales to Gulf Allies

Robin Wright
Washington Post
Saturday July 28, 2007

The Bush administration will announce next week a series of arms deals worth at least $20 billion to Saudi Arabia and five other oil-rich Persian Gulf states as well as new 10-year military aid packages to Israel and Egypt, a move to shore up allies in the Middle East and counter Iran's rising influence, U.S. officials said yesterday.

The arms deals, which include the sales of a variety of sophisticated weaponry, would be the largest negotiated by this administration. The military assistance agreements would provide $30 billion in new U.S. aid to Israel and $13 billion to Egypt over 10 years, the officials said. Both figures represent significant increases in military support.

U.S. officials said the arms sales to Saudi Arabia are expected to include air-to-air missiles as well as Joint Direct Attack Munitions, which turn standard bombs into "smart" precision-guided bombs. Most, but not all, of the arms sales to the six Gulf Cooperation Council countries -- Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain and Oman -- will be defensive, the officials said.

That'll buff right out :rolleyes:
Expat
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Expat »

Selling weapons to Saudi Arabia is the biggest blunder the a*s holes in Washington will do. There is almost a 100% chance that they will face them in the future. :shock:
Ditto Pakistan and Egypt.
Time will tell, but the way the US is persuing its foreign policy, they are staking the odds against themselselves.
This seems to be Bush's last effort at getting contracts for his friends. It is so obvious, that it is not even funny.

Success in life is when the cognac that you drink is older than the women you drink it with.
Nark
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Nark »

Does the actions of one or even one hundred citizens reflect that of their nation?

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Semper Fidelis
“De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites"-
Do not wish death for your enemy, plan it.
bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by bmc »

istp wrote:I wonder which city is statistically safer, Washington D.C. or Tehran.

Are you serious? That's a no brainer. Take a guess.

bmc
Dust Devil
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Dust Devil »

istp wrote:I wonder which city is statistically safer, Washington D.C. or Tehran.

I wonder which country a woman is most free to do as they please and go to school and have a good job and not be treated as a second class citizen.

seems like a no brainer

Return to “The Water Cooler”