Truckers

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Truckers

Post by TG »

tripleseven wrote:Nope, nothing wrong with my car. Just took it to the dealer and all four lights are aimed perfectly. I'm still chocking it up to sensitive trucker eyes. 100% of truckers think my lights are too bright, even from 2+km away, and less than 25% other vehicles do.100% of truckers think my lights are too bright, even from 2+km away, and less than 25% other vehicles do.
Dude, you are scary! It's like trying to convince someone that the earth is not flat!
Still not a clue that you are The One giving problems and not the other way around.

Honest, I need to know if you passed this cog test :shock:
(like a fish making its way through a net)

And I'm like Stinson4118C, when I first saw your BMW avartar it told me that either you liked the brand or had one before realizing you were talking about a Toyota.
A bit like naming yourself tripleseven. You either like the aircraft in some ways or, fly/flew it.
---------- ADS -----------

tellyourkidstogetarealjob
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tellyourkidstogetarealjob »

If 100% of truckers and 25% of others flash you: YOU are the problem.

If 50% of truckers and 10% of others flash you: YOU are the problem.

If 10% of truckers and 2% of others flash you: YOU are the problem.

If 2% of truckers and 1% of others flash you: YOU are the problem.

If 0.1% of truckers and 0.01% of others flash you: THEY may be the problem, but probably not.

I've driven hundreds of thousands of kilometres at night over the years. I've only been flashed by truckers a half dozen times. Usually when I'm very tired and forget to dip my lights.

Perhaps one private vehicle in a thousand flashes me. Maybe.

tellyourkidstogetarealjob
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tellyourkidstogetarealjob »

Oh, yeah, I forgot. Most of that was in Toyotas.

tripleseven
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tripleseven »

My last post here is that all of you are/were truckers at one point. Hopefully not the greasy kind.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

No, never been a trucker.
And I see you are too shy/dumb to answer a simple question.

Did you pass this cog test ?

Chuck Ellsworth
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Chuck Ellsworth »

My last post here is that all of you are/were truckers at one point. Hopefully not the greasy kind.
Occasionally there are posters here who reach the outer limits of ignorance and arrogance, you are obviously a candidate for the top.

Not only was I a truck driver at one time I was also a pilot who had a career that most could only dream of.

With your attitude you would not be welcome in the right seat of any truck or airplane with me.

The most difficult thing about flying is knowing when to say no.

After over a half a century of flying I can not remember even one trip that I refused to do that resulted in someone getting killed because of my decision not to fly.
chowda
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by chowda »

100% unfiltered arrogance and pigheadedness. You're absolutely nothing wrong, huh??

You're a sad, sad, little man :(

Oh yeah, remove the avatar.

You're a disgrace to the marque, airplane engines or cars.

A BMW owner.

tripleseven
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tripleseven »

Thought I lost this one so I gave up, till I found this:

Rules re headlights
230(1) No person shall drive a vehicle during the period from one-half hour after
sunset to one-half hour before sunrise or at any other time when conditions of poor
visibility exist unless prescribed headlights are in operation.
(2) Every driver of a vehicle with headlights in use shall change the headlights
from high beam to low beam if the driver:
(a) is at a distance of not less than 200 metres from a vehicle approaching
from the opposite direction, and shall keep the headlights on low beam until
the other vehicle has passed;
(b) is at a distance of not less than 100 metres from a vehicle that the driver
is following, and shall keep the headlights on low beam while the driver is
following the other vehicle;
(c) is at a distance of not less than 100 metres from a vehicle proceeding in
the same direction that the driver intends to pass, and shall keep the
headlights on low beam until the driver is abreast of the other vehicle; or
c. T-18.1 TRAFFIC SAFETY
(d) is being overtaken by another vehicle proceeding in the same direction,
and shall keep the headlights on low beam until the other vehicle has
proceeded a distance of not less than 100 metres ahead of his or her vehicle.
Clause (2)(a) does not apply if the vehicle is being driven on a highway that is
divided into roadways and the distance between the roadways at the place where
the vehicle is being driven is 22 metres or more.
(3)
(4) If a vehicle is stopped on a highway and the headlights are in use, the person
having care and control of the vehicle shall maintain the headlights on low beam.
2004, c.T-18.1, s.230.

So, according to the law, I'm not wrong. At least in SK.

200hr Wonder
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by 200hr Wonder »

Wow digging up a year old thread for a legal technicality. I think anyone here who is a trucker or pilot knows that what is legal is not always safe and what is safe is not always legal. This just previous what an enormous small minded jackass you really are. I would not want to share the road, the sky or any thing else with you where you command a peace of machinery that can kill me. You clearly have no common sense, which is unfortunately uncommon these days. Not to mention no no common courtesy. You do win a prize for digging up a year old thread to post this drivel after over all statement is that you where being douche bag. This just proves 100% that you are a complete and utter douche bag. That is a very special statement I reserve for very few.

Cheers,

200hr Wonder
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

Rules exist for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools. :smt003

So, tripleseven, did you pass this Air Canada Cog test !?

tripleseven
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tripleseven »

200, I find your statement difficult to read, due to grammar deficiencies. Perhaps all the double and triple negatives are confusing you. And its not a legal technicality, or loop hole. It is a law. My RCMP friend agrees, as does his RCMP/ex trucker wife. So do the MLA's who believe that the merit of having sufficient visibility to see while driving on a highway outweighs the inconvenience of an oncoming driver in another lane that is more than 22m away.

And yes, I passed the cog test.
tellyourkidstogetarealjob wrote:If 100% of truckers and 25% of others flash you: YOU are the problem.

If 0.1% of truckers and 0.01% of others flash you: THEY may be the problem, but probably not.

I've driven hundreds of thousands of kilometres at night over the years. I've only been flashed by truckers a half dozen times. Usually when I'm very tired and forget to dip my lights.

Now I think that the problem is that the so called "professional" drivers are ignorant of the rules that govern their trade. Kinda shameful. What about the relatively new law that limits wheel time in a day, similar to our duty day? Judging by the number of 18 wheeler marks in the ditches, they either don't care, or haven't heard about it yet.

DanJ
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DanJ »

I have no idea what a typical pilot's duty day is like? A trucker driver in Ontario can be on duty 14 out of any 24 hour period, and needs to have one consecutive 24 hour off duty period every 2 weeks. A large number of those truck marks you see in the ditch aren't caused by sleepy truckers, they are caused by alert truckers who would rather ditch their truck than kill the idiot in the car that just did something totally assinine in front of him.

One particular peeve of mine is in the crappy winter weather. You come up on a car, and they speed up because they don't want the truck to pass them and maybe kick up some spray on their poor little selves. George Carlin used to have a routine that said when you are driving, anyone that you pass is an idiot, and anybody that passes you is an asshole. Well, I don't happen to think that a car I'm passing in the snow is being driven by an idiot. Good for him for showing the good judgement to be driving at what he perceives to be a safe speed. However, that doesn't bind me to thinking that speed is what's safe for me. So, if he wants to drive 75kmh and I feel safe at 85kmh, then that's what I'm going to do. Truth is, if crap happens, we both are driving too fast anyway. So why does this guy think it's a safe thing to do to speed up past his own safe speed to now get into a race with me? If I decide the safe thing is to not race him to see how fast he wants to go, and pull in behind, then he starts riding his brakes because he doesn't want me there. He may think I'm now an asshole, but I know for sure he's an idiot LOL.

Frank Gallagher
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Frank Gallagher »

tripleseven wrote:200, I find your statement difficult to read, due to grammar deficiencies. Perhaps all the double and triple negatives are confusing you. And its not a legal technicality, or loop hole. It is a law. My RCMP friend agrees, as does his RCMP/ex trucker wife. So do the MLA's who believe that the merit of having sufficient visibility to see while driving on a highway outweighs the inconvenience of an oncoming driver in another lane that is more than 22m away.

And yes, I passed the cog test.
tellyourkidstogetarealjob wrote:If 100% of truckers and 25% of others flash you: YOU are the problem.

Now I think that the problem is that the so called "professional" drivers are ignorant of the rules that govern their trade. Kinda shameful. What about the relatively new law that limits wheel time in a day, similar to our duty day? Judging by the number of 18 wheeler marks in the ditches, they either don't care, or haven't heard about it yet.
What "new law" is this? Duty days have been in place for truckers for over a decade. Anyway you are in the wrong and bitchin here isn't going to make you right. Keep driving like an ass and you will continue to receive the same treatment from other drivers for some time. Maybe there is a knitting forum or a scrabble forum that will give a shit about your issue.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

tripleseven wrote:And yes, I passed the cog test.
Scary :shock:

So yes, continue to drive with your high beam. This way, as you wrote 'You will see'
The fact that 'You' will blind others by keeping your high beam when you shouldn't (screwing up their night vision) doesn't seems to bother you is even more scary!

A bit like keeping your landing lights on a taxiway when facing the landing path of an aircraft.
You will see, they will be blind.

Darkwing Duck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Darkwing Duck »

777, you could not leave it alone could you. Like 200hr wonder said, after a year, really???? Pull your head out of your ass and give your head a shake. Face it, you lost. It is not about the law, it is just common courtesy.

But if you insist to leave the high beams on then go for it, this could leave you a recipient of a Darwin award, after the trucker who was blinded by your lights gets into a head-on with you. Guaranteed, you will not win that one.

Let them truckers roll, 10-4.

Kowalski: Sir, we may be out of fuel.
Skipper: What makes you think that?
Kowalski: We've lost engine one, and engine two is no longer on fire.
Dagwood
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Dagwood »

My guess is 777 is related to 767 on this forum.

Their ignorance is funny to read, but the reality that they might be serious is sobering :roll:

tripleseven
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by tripleseven »

Darkwing Duck wrote:777, you could not leave it alone could you. Like 200hr wonder said, after a year, really???? Pull your head out of your ass and give your head a shake. Face it, you lost. It is not about the law, it is just common courtesy.

But if you insist to leave the high beams on then go for it, this could leave you a recipient of a Darwin award, after the trucker who was blinded by your lights gets into a head-on with you. Guaranteed, you will not win that one.

Let them truckers roll, 10-4.
Anyone who gets into a head on while traveling on a divided highway deserves at least a nomination.

Return to “The Water Cooler”