Why are protestors treated worse than murderers?

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Dash-Ate
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Why are protestors treated worse than murderers?

Post by Dash-Ate »

A murderer is arrested, read his full rights, given a lawyer ASAP, brought before judge the next day, maybe even given bail if the case is weak. He is kept in his own cell. He is given his own guards and bulletproof vest to protect him on the way to the courthouse.
He is given a full trial. Even an appeal. He is almost assured parole after 10 or 15 years.
If he is executed in the USA he gets to choose his own last meal feast.

the luciker peaceful G20 protestors and mostly people who were just walking around in their own street were boxed in by police who threatened them, in the rain for hours. They were prevent from using their freedom of movement and leaving. They were grabbed one by one and violently dragged to the ground and cuffed. Their were strip searched, held in cages sometimes chained to the floors, and held for 10-20 hours with little food, NO lawyers, and no charges. the cops mocked and threatened them, and some say they were threatened with rape or further strip searches (sexual assualt)

The unluckier ones were snatched off the street into unmarked vans, beaten and given the same treatment, or driven and dropped out of the city.

Why the difference? The Berlin Wall fell due to protestors. Tieneman Square helped to open up china. Civil rights in the USA resulted from protestors.

There is NO way our ruling elites will every let this kind of thing occur again.
Protestors must be stamped out, threatened, harassed at home. They must be stopped.

We DO NOT live in a democracy or freedom. Did ya get to vote on Afghanistan? Nope. Did ya get to vote on HST? Nope.
What about the no-bid fighter jet contract. NO.
How about the coming green and carbon taxes BS. A vote? AHAHAHAHAHA!!
---------- ADS -----------

That'll buff right out :rolleyes:
Dushan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Why are protestors treated worse than murderers?

Post by Dushan »

Dash-Ate wrote: We DO NOT live in a democracy or freedom. Did ya get to vote on Afghanistan? Nope. Did ya get to vote on HST? Nope.
What about the no-bid fighter jet contract. NO.
How about the coming green and carbon taxes BS. A vote? AHAHAHAHAHA!!
Yes actually we all did. We got the politicians we voted for. Elections have consequences.

MUSKEG
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by MUSKEG »

Hey of course EVERYTHING a protester says is the truth. D8 where do you get your vast supply of glue?

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

Well I am not going to touch the "do we live in a democracy thing" HOWEVER

The reason that murders are treated better then protesters is they are going through the system. The are not arguing against our group identity or anything "big" they argue why the should be able to get away with, or be excused for, murder

Protesters are assaulting the very existence of our agreed apron values and rules as a society, therefore they stand outside of our group identity/society, this make it easier to view them as "not us" and allow, us, as a society to mentally drop them a few levels in their humanity (like what we did to "terrorists" "nazis" and not all that long ago "japs" and "negros"), thus treating them worse then most everyone else.

Some protesters we view later as right, see MLK, Rosa Parks or the Tibetan monks
Some we dont, see KKK, pedophiles, and some of the extreme immigration people
Some we just kill, see the Branch Davidian

The thing with protesting is the right and wrong part, it usualy takes at least a few years for the masses to agree and for the protesters to evolve into "revolutionaries" or "nut jobs"

Ether which way, protesting is not a safe way to spend your time, so unless you are game to take a few rounds from a few of our "peace officers" while you are zip tied, maybe you should stick to bitching on online forums.

McJagger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by McJagger »

Dash-Ate wrote:A murderer is arrested, read his full rights, given a lawyer ASAP, brought before judge the next day, maybe even given bail if the case is weak. He is kept in his own cell. He is given his own guards and bulletproof vest to protect him on the way to the courthouse.
He is given a full trial. Even an appeal. He is almost assured parole after 10 or 15 years.
If he is executed in the USA he gets to choose his own last meal feast.
There is a very simple reason. They want to control us and fear is the easiest way to do it. If there was no evil, there would be no god, if there was no violence/crime there would be no police.. wait a minute.. they already DON'T show up for pretty much any property crime whatsoever... so long as someone doesn't steal millions (you have to be an elite to have that kind of money, and crime against the elite is not acceptable). So, they have basically created a criminal free-for-all where they ignore actual crime and focus strictly on revenue generation (moving violations) and take a very lax stance on violent criminals.. they are self justifying their job. If they aren't showing up for property crime, and they aren't doing anything about violent criminals.. then what exactly are they doing?

'911 how may I help you'
'someone just robbed everything I own'
'911, i'm sorry we are too busy to help you' (giving out speeding tickets)

Completely useless organization. They turn top level drug dealers into informants and inevitably fog the duck on the case against the kingpin (because he's on their payroll) they do literally nothing that can be considered real policing. Sure every once in awhile one of these hapless idiots accidentally solves a crime or stops a crime in progress or actually manages to help somebody but that is definitely not their mission statement...

the luciker peaceful G20 protestors and mostly people who were just walking around in their own street were boxed in by police who threatened them, in the rain for hours. They were prevent from using their freedom of movement and leaving. They were grabbed one by one and violently dragged to the ground and cuffed. Their were strip searched, held in cages sometimes chained to the floors, and held for 10-20 hours with little food, NO lawyers, and no charges. the cops mocked and threatened them, and some say they were threatened with rape or further strip searches (sexual assualt)
Not to mention manipulate and intentionally misinterpret their latitude to give themselves even MORE power. I expect this kind of behavior out of the gestapo from nazi germany but not from our RCMP. They owe the protestors as much protection as they owe our ruling elites.

I know they arrested some scapegoat for burning cop cars but I guarantee she was a plant. These simple minded idiots that see her as anything else don't deserve to share our oxygen. They don't have the brains to consider that perhaps the ruling elite payed people to burn those cars and smash those windows to delegitimize the position of the protestors (despite the fact they have been caught doing so in the past).. I know, it's deep. I mean, if you look at the fact that a cop car was simply left there to be burned you kinda gotta wonder how that happened.. I know how it happened, they left it there so it could be burned and could serve as an example of why the protestors are bad... anybody with two brain cells has to realize this is slightly more than a coincidence.

These same fools who argue against our right to protest are simply more of the same kind of fascist we have grown accustomed to over the past years. We ALL paid for that fucking summit yet it does not represent all of our interests... so are these fascists saying that they can just take our money and give us no representation.... sounds like the kind of thing our grandparents fought against in europe and the pacific. It's usually the same red assholes that support the military and get all bent out of shape when you criticize them that come whining about how protesting is bad... get it straight, are you for rights and freedoms or do you just like to kill people? That was a rhetorical question as we know you don't have the capacity to answer.

I also find it hilarious that there is a certain sect of this board who consistently argues pro-police under almost any circumstance no matter how obvious and pathetic the actions of the officers are. It is no surprise that these spoonfed life individuals don't give a shit when people doing something legal are arrested... But that is the consequence of them living with their head in the sand.. one day they'll be shocked into reality when they are persecuted for doing something the elite does not approve of... (most of these deficient humans are just wanna be elites anyways but that does not protect them) If the shoe was on the other foot and life was as we wished it would be hilarious to watch these loudmouthed fascists squirm under our oppressive policies (you know, the ones where we let you do what is legal).
The reason that murders are treated better then protesters is they are going through the system. The are not arguing against our group identity or anything "big" they argue why the should be able to get away with, or be excused for, murder
Umm, it is a pretty big societal belief that murder is illegal and very bad. I was also under the impression that one of our core values was freedom of speech.. in fact, freedom of peaceful protest is also guranteed... furthermore, you have to assume that the protestors are arguing counter to the masses beliefs for your statement to make any sense. Where were all you prog20 protestors? Miss the bus?

Protesters are assaulting the very existence of our agreed apron values and rules as a society, therefore they stand outside of our group identity/society, this make it easier to view them as "not us" and allow, us, as a society to mentally drop them a few levels in their humanity (like what we did to "terrorists" "nazis" and not all that long ago "japs" and "negros"), thus treating them worse then most everyone else.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hegemony

your statement relies on the fact that society has agreed upon values and rules.. we do, they are in the charter of rights and freedoms. All this other shit isn't in there and therefore is up for debate (and protest) I did not see very many of you pathetic pro g20 protestors our there protesting the protestors.. in fact I what I witnessed was an almost exclusive point of view being demonstrated counter to the position you seem to believe represents the majority of society. What I did see was a majority of protestors being stripped of their rights and due process by a minority of ruling elites. I would say your statement is correct in the inverse but doesn't make much sense at all as it sits currently.

Furthermore, the ones who have dropped a few levels in their humanity and are 'not us' are the ones that need daddy to spoonfeed them life, hold their hand through every decision and make sure nobody thinks or does differently...
Ether which way, protesting is not a safe way to spend your time, so unless you are game to take a few rounds from a few of our "peace officers" while you are zip tied, maybe you should stick to bitching on online forum
Peaceful protest should NOT be dangerous. That is the entire point. The protestors are not making peaceful protesting dangerous.. the police are doing that... that is pretty much the problem we have with the whole situation. We are guaranteed these rights and they are being stripped, and all we hear are cheers from the idiot gallery in support. Hey, I can understand that you need someone to help you with life.. I have a mother Im quite willing to lend you who will be happy to make all your decisions and make sure you are living life to the standards of others...

I like my choices in life, I like my freedom, and I am not going to allow a bunch of mouthbreathing right wing fascists to impose their fucked up will upon me without some civil social disobedience. It appears however, that they have the monopoly on point of view and this is a moot point anyways. Thanks fascists.

rotorfloat
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rotorfloat »

OOoo the plot thickens... A customer I flew with, was downtown before the cop cars were lit up. He says the cars had nothing of value in them...gutted out and just sitting there.

Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

Some people went looking for trouble and found it.

Yawn.

flyinggreasemonkey
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyinggreasemonkey »

Murder is an act of crime and is treated as such.

Protesting at the G20 was an act of stupidity and the morons were treated as such.

The G20 protesters were lucky I wasn't Chief of Police...I would have given my officers cattle prods instead of wimpy little batons.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

Some protesters do accomplish their agendas, see WTO vs Seattleites

Caused a police chief to resign, cost a mayor a election, federal judges ruled in favor of many of the protesters, increased the spot light on the problems with globalization, etc.

I think that Voltaire once said; I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Right or wrong, protesters are a necessary part of our society, they make us question things that we might not otherwise.

flyinggreasemonkey
Rank 6
Rank 6

You're right, but your wrong.

Having an objective view to how our self-elected government runs our country is necessary to our society. Public demonstrations do nothing but cost the taxpayers money in security and public vandalism.

A bunch of idealists gathering and chanting is completely useless. It only makes the politicians ignore the points they're trying to make. Granted, the protesters do have valid ideas at times, but the way they go about demonstrating them is completely childish and abuses the rights bestowed upon us by the people who built this country. People trying to correct the same problems that are being publicly demonstrated against are forced backwards in their fight by the protesters who only take to the streets to cause chaos.

Case in point, I absolutely despise the way AME apprentices are treated in Canada compared to mainstream trades. Did I gather a few hundred apprentices and go make an ass out of myself on the lawn of Parliament? No. I booked an appointment with my MP, made my case to him, and now he's personally appealing to the Red Seal people to allow aviation trades to be recognized. Would I have gotten that far with a public protest? Not a chance.

If you only do something because you can, you're doing it for the wrong reason.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

Perhaps you should read up on your histroy

Dont know if I would call protests "useless"

Did your neatly scheduled meeting cause anyone to stand down from their office? Federal judges to dismiss charges on your peers? Global media attention?
SuperchargedRS wrote:...Caused a police chief to resign, cost a mayor a election, federal judges ruled in favor of many of the protesters, increased the spot light on the problems with globalization, etc.

Since I was of legal age I have voted in every federal and local election, I have attended caucuses, however you really can only vote for people on the ticket. Sometimes people need to make their voices heard, a true patriot and citizen will always hold their country FIRST and invoke change in ones Govt.

Wikipedia wrote: Unaddressed protest may grow and widen into dissent, activism, riots, insurgency, revolts, and political and/or social revolution, as in:

* Northern Europe in the early 16th century (Protestant Reformation)
* North America in the 1770s (American Revolution)
* France in 1789 (French Revolution)
* The Haymarket riot, 1886, a violent labor protest led by the Anarchist Movement
* Martin Luther King's 1963 March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom, a key moment in the Civil Rights Movement
* SOS (Save Our Sons) an Australian anti-conscription organization
* The Stonewall riots in 1969 protesting the treatment of homosexuals in New York City
* The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989
* The many ACT-UP AIDS protests of the late 1980s and early 1990s
* The Seattle WTO Ministerial Conference of 1999 protest activity against the World Trade Organization
* Anti-globalization Protests in Prague in 2000
* Feb. 15, 2003 Iraq War Protest - 6-10 million in 60 countries

Icebound
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Icebound »

rotorfloat wrote:OOoo the plot thickens... A customer I flew with, was downtown before the cop cars were lit up. He says the cars had nothing of value in them...gutted out and just sitting there.
It is known as the "Miami Model", and the use of such a script was predicted for Toronto the day before it actually happened. The column was already in the Saturday paper, so I assume it would have had to be written earlier.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/toronto ... ony-script

flyinggreasemonkey
Rank 6
Rank 6

[quote]Did your neatly scheduled meeting cause anyone to stand down from their office? Federal judges to dismiss charges on your peers? Global media attention?[/quote]

How would any of those actually fix any problem? You've laid blame and publicized a few people...so what....and as for the charges, if they're guilty, they're guilty, regardless of any protest or public outcry. That's the whole point of our judicial system.

If a group is protesting the lack of housing and inadequate food in third world countries (which many of the G20 protests were supposedly based), how exactly would any of your "solutions" fix any of the problems originally protested against?

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

McJagger, I found your piece difficult to read but I think, by and large (nautical term) that I agree with you.

The burning cars and the smashed glass were regretful, but I'll bet that at least one of our audience here has stolen/run over/murdered/ beat their wife/ otherwise broken the law during the time we have been discussing this and it has no bearing on the rest of us as a group.

Use some of the brains you lot were given, most of you were clever enough to earn the money to buy your computers so THINK about what is important and why we are living in a 'superior' country? Do you want to be a drone and let the politicians/bureaucrats muck it up or do you want a voice?

How would you feel if some politician who didn't like what we are saying about him, shut down this site?

Freedom of speech is a fundamental right.

"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
flyinggreasemonkey
Rank 6
Rank 6

You can easily object to any part of the bureaucratic process without making a fool out of yourself by parading in the streets throwing around mail boxes and burning police cars.

I did call a friend who is an OPP officer and was downtown during the entire G20 protection detail. The cars were 100% functional, just stripped down to lessen the damage if they were lost to the protesters. They were NOT placed as bait, in case that is what some of you may be implying.

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

flyinggreasemonkey wrote:You've laid blame and publicized a few people...so what....and as for the charges, if they're guilty, they're guilty, regardless of any protest or public outcry. That's the whole point of our judicial system.

Spoken as a true Canadian.

You are probably the kind of guy that votes GUILTY when you in a jury, because the person wouldn't be in court if they weren't guilty right???? Sometimes writing a strong worded letter to your elected official doesn't quite cut the mustard! Gather 1000 voters in front of their office with the news all around tends to get the ball rolling faster (history proves this)

Public outcry is what politicians (at least in the states where the public uses their voice) listen to, if the public wants to you to do something and you dont...guess what.... no re-election for you, infact if your a governor in California you might even get recalled (see getting tossed out of office).

If it was not for those who were civil disobedient/criminals like Martin Luther King, Gandhi and many others do you think the world would be better?

The sad thing is people who protest globalization and other topics are hated by people like you, even though they protest FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU. Remember this when your job gets out-sourced

flyinggreasemonkey
Rank 6
Rank 6

I never said that because a person is in court, that they're guilty. I never said that and don't dare put words in my mouth.

We elect our own officials. If you think you can do better, run for office.

There isn't anything wrong with voters turning up at their MP's office. It's when they start acting like idiots like the G20 protesters were, that's the problem. Besides, an MP's office makes a hell of a lot more sense than a random neighbourhood in the middle of Toronto.

There is a time, place and method for properly objecting to something. The vast majority of protesters fail to realize this and their voice, consequently, goes unheard because they lack the professional fortitude to go through a more productive process. The vast majority of protesters would show up at their MP's office and treat them like the enemy instead of someone that can help.

It's not the fact that people want to voice their opinion on matters that I have an issue with. It's the way they go about it that makes me think so much less of them.

The Old Fogducker
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by The Old Fogducker »

R5 ... you've obviously never been in a position to make a decision based upon presented evidence as to whether the individual was guilty or or not guilty.

The Old (Jurist) Fogducker

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

FD,

Summoned twice, served once

And I debated running once however I am not mainstream enough and far too young to be electable.

Greasemonkey,

Did not mean to put words in your mouth, I detected a whif of "the govt is always right" about you and just had to take a shot at you

I agree some protesters just do it to do it, saying protesting does not accomplish anything however is completely wrong, something I am sure both you and history agree with, no?

The Old Fogducker
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by The Old Fogducker »

SuperchargedRS wrote:FD,

Summoned twice, served once
More power to you RS. Thanks for serving and not weaseling out, as many would do.

Return to “The Water Cooler”