Mick the Dick From Dublin Mouths Off Again

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Ogee
Rank 7
Rank 7

Mick the Dick From Dublin Mouths Off Again

Post by Ogee »

The most obnoxious buttplug in all of aviation now wants to get rid of the cojo, let the computer fly the airplane, and train stewardesses, as they are still called over there, to take over if the captain has a heart attack.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... ing14.html

Quelle peckerhead.
---------- ADS -----------

Expat
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Mick the Dick From Dublin Mouths Off Again

Post by Expat »

Ogee wrote:The most obnoxious buttplug in all of aviation now wants to get rid of the cojo, let the computer fly the airplane, and train stewardesses, as they are still called over there, to take over if the captain has a heart attack.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/bre ... ing14.html

Quelle peckerhead.

Better to dump the stu, and install vending machines... :smt040

Success in life is when the cognac that you drink is older than the women you drink it with.
yyz monkey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by yyz monkey »

The guy certainly knows how to wag the dog. More free press for Ryanair.

The Theory of Flight - Because even after 100 years, we're still not sure it works!
bushhopper
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bushhopper »

the guy is retarded.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

yyz monkey wrote:The guy certainly knows how to wag the dog. More free press for Ryanair.
Exactly. The guy may be a asshole, but he's a marketing genius. And I think a lot of people secretly admire him for being such an outspoken, obnoxious bastard in the same way that people in Africa have a habit of voting for thugs ("big man syndrome").

bravowhiskey
Rank 2
Rank 2

Michael O'leary's new low

Post by bravowhiskey »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ilots.html

What else will this guy do to save a buck

Ogee
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Michael O'leary's new low

Post by Ogee »

Let's see if this thread gets moved.

yyz monkey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by yyz monkey »

bravowhiskey wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ilots.html

What else will this guy do to save a buck
He's already saving millions with these insane ideas. Free advertising for Ryanair every few months just by opening his mouth? Priceless.

The Theory of Flight - Because even after 100 years, we're still not sure it works!
Ogee
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Ogee »

Unless you believe that having an IQ less than your waist size is a demographic for Ryanair passengers, I don't see how you could characterize this as a brilliant marketing move. The average chimpanzee would think, "if this guy is proposing this, what is he pulling off that we don't know about". Not sure how advocating FA's flying when the captain conks out and the Rottweiler is licking his bum is going to fill seats.

Ryanair flys in the face of every academic claim about the intelligence and market supremacy of customers.

Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Panama Jack »

I have a better idea.

Why not provide a 10% discount on the £5 tickets to any passenger holding a Student Pilot Permit or higher who would be willing to "Pinch Hit" in the event of a single-pilot incapacitation? This actually potentially increases the resources in the event of an emergency (because on any given flight you might have one Student Pilot, an Ultralight Instructor and even the occasionally 250 hour Commercial Pilot or ATP) and reduces the amount of unnecesary training to flight attendants, thereby allowing them to continue their primary duties of selling train and lottery tickets, bottles of water, snacks, etc. In fact, to remove one flight attendant at this moment would be unethical because of the momentary increased demand of liquor sales.

In fact, Ryanair may become the "airline of choice" of the weekend warrior crowd. Ever since the movie "Airplane," IAOPA members have been fantasizing at the thought. Here is their best chance!

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Do not fall into the English way of underestimating the genius of the Irish.
The British Empire was built by Scots and Irish.It was the English shopkeeper mentality that let it slide into obscurity.
Every other airline in the world is following his moves, closer than watching their own shares falling through the floor.
Flown United lately ?Guess who has caught the madness of charging people to check in bags@25 dollars a bag.
As one famous car builder said "Lead follow or get out of the way"
He is a business leader on the leading edge of one of the most successful Boeing franchises in Europe ,and when he steps into the North American market.He will give the other guys a shock.
What some see as madness, is pure fooking genius to those who sup Murphy's and Guiness :wink: :wink:

albertdesalvo
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by albertdesalvo »

Ogee wrote:advocating FA's flying when the captain conks out
Do you believe this guy is truly advocating this? If you do, there's a bridge in Brooklyn for sale. Come on, man, let's get serious, the notion is preposterous. He's just shooting off his mouth to get his name in the papers, and it's worked perfectly. Somebody once said, "All publicity is good publicity."

Ogee
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Ogee »

2R wrote:Do not fall into the English way of underestimating the genius of the Irish.
The British Empire was built by Scots and Irish.It was the English shopkeeper mentality that let it slide into obscurity.
Every other airline in the world is following his moves, closer than watching their own shares falling through the floor.
Flown United lately ?Guess who has caught the madness of charging people to check in bags@25 dollars a bag.
As one famous car builder said "Lead follow or get out of the way"
He is a business leader on the leading edge of one of the most successful Boeing franchises in Europe ,and when he steps into the North American market.He will give the other guys a shock.
What some see as madness, is pure fooking genius to those who sup Murphy's and Guiness :wink: :wink:
2R. I am an Irishman. I can assure you that there is no Irish person alive who is more despised than Michael O'Leary by his own race. If he's a business leader, my arse is the Mona Lisa.

Every other airline isn't watching his moves. He gets away with what he does because he fills his airplanes with those devoid entirely of any sense of self esteem and will endure any indignity to avoid having to pay the high prices of the old unionized airlines or ride across the Irish Sea amidst a bunch of drunken pukers who they know they will be sitting beside once they make Holyhead and have to get on British Rail to get down to London.

But you are right about who built the British Empire. You did omit to mention that we also blew a fair bit of it up in the last fourty years. And rebuilt it, when the insurance companies paid out.

Widow
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Widow »

I moved it. I couldn't be bothered to clean up all the language and figured there'd be a rage if I pulled it to do it later. So here it sits.

Former Advocate for Floatplane Safety
Ogee
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Ogee »

Widow wrote:I moved it. I couldn't be bothered to clean up all the language and figured there'd be a rage if I pulled it to do it later. So here it sits.

Clean up "...all the language"? It's the same language that is in it now. This is an aviation forum, not Stockwell Day's church group. This post was about an absurd but surely serious statement by the head of one of Europe's worst airlines. If, as 2R says, North America is going to follow this cockroach's lead, then one crew cockpits is something that affects many people on this forum.

I'm afraid this is adios to AvCanada for me.

. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.

Post by . ._ »

:lol:

Yeah right! NO ONE leaves Avcanada on the first try!

Cat Driver should start up an Avcanada cessation 12 step program for us.

-istp :smt024

lilfssister
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by lilfssister »

Ogee wrote: Clean up "...all the language"? It's the same language that is in it now.
Which people can get away with due to the disclaimer in the home page warning on the Misc/Political Debate/Humour Forum "THIS FORUM MAY BE FOUND OFFENSIVE TO SOME READERS. PLEASE DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED." which is not applicable to the other forums.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

As they say in Cork " Whale oil beef oct" :wink: :wink:

Did Stockwell not change his name to Doris ?

JakeYYZ
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JakeYYZ »

It’s liberty for O'Leary to do what he's doing. I'll just use my liberty of never getting on one of his planes and take the sea route instead. After all I'm sure O'Leary's passengers will be doing the same, with the only difference being that I started off on the sea instead of ending up in it from a great height. LOL

atpilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by atpilot »

Ogee wrote:The most obnoxious buttplug in all of aviation.
Well said.

Return to “The Water Cooler”