Thailand

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

mattedfred
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Thailand

Post by mattedfred »

My wife and I are finally planning a trip to Thailand.

Feel free to post or pm with any useful tips.

We would like to spend a few days in Bangkok then a few days in Chang Mai then a week in the islands. We may be leaving as early as this Sunday and return around April 16th.

Info on flights (i.e. routes, backups, ZED, JS Agreements) would be very helpful.

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Just another canuck
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Thailand

Post by Just another canuck »

You're already off on the wrong foot... you're supposed to leave your wife behind when planning a trip to anywhere in SE Asia.
:mrgreen:

Seriously though... you only need a couple days in Bangkok. But it won't be a boring couple days... better stay away from Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy and Patpong at night. Your wife may not appreciate you being hit on by ladyboys while she stands right beside you. Or, if she's up for it, go check it out for a laugh.

Chang Mai is cool, too... you need to decide whether to go to Phuket or Koh Samui and Koh Phangan on the East side of the mainland. If you only have time for one or other, I suggest leaving Phuket out. Yes, it is more popular but for a couple, Koh Samui is more chilled, less people and still all the same to offer.

Have fun!!

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
Expat
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Expat »

+1

I was there twice with the wife, and somehow felt like I had brought sandwiches to a banquet... :smt040

Success in life is when the cognac that you drink is older than the women you drink it with.
cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by cdnpilot77 »

Expat wrote:+1

I was there twice with the wife, and somehow felt like I had brought sandwiches to a banquet... :smt040
sand to the beach....pins to the bowling alley

Return to “The Water Cooler”