First the Nazis and then Communists tried and now the UN..

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: lilfssister, North Shore, ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako

JakeYYZ
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

First the Nazis and then Communists tried and now the UN..

Post by JakeYYZ »

Are trying to control the citizens of the world with their Marxist totalitarianism evil.
Here is the world’s most powerful intergovernmental institution essentially arguing for the destruction of the global economy, enforced rationing, Marxist wealth redistribution, greater regulation, the erosion of property rights and global governance by a new world order of technocrats and bureaucrats. And being so upfront about it they actually issue press releases, telling us what they’re planning to do and encouraging us to write about it.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/james ... l-economy/
I think what we are seeing here is a phenomenon found in 'intellectual analysis' throughout history, where a particular group removes itself more and more from actual reality and moves into pure abstract debate within: words.
The scholastic arguments (Aquinas) about angels (which admittedly bear some resemblance to debate about quantum physics); the postmodernist focus on reality as defined only by a subjective perspective...it's all words..and a rejection of factual material reality.
The UN is similar; it has removed itself more and more from reality. It exists solely in its talk, endless talk.
It exists in isolation from the real world of cause and effect; its actions in the world have no function, no rational cause, no constructive effect.
It produces nothing; it exists solely as a parasite on the world's nations. It babbles endlessly, announces numerous bills and mandates which no-one pays any attention to.
It ought to be disbanded.
---------- ADS -----------

bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: First the Nazis and then Communists tried and now the UN

Post by bmc »

I prefer Alcan aluminum.

bmc

Driving Rain
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Driving Rain »

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

It exists solely in its talk, endless talk.
There was this famous British guy, Church-something-or-other, who once said that "To jaw, jaw is better than to war, war" I'm sure that you have more experience than him, though, so carry on..

edited to add...how about occasionally carrying on in another forum - you know, one that has something to do with aviation. That's is why we're all here, no?

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.

Expat
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Expat »

North Shore wrote:
It exists solely in its talk, endless talk.
There was this famous British guy, Church-something-or-other, who once said that "To jaw, jaw is better than to war, war" I'm sure that you have more experience than him, though, so carry on..

edited to add...how about occasionally carrying on in another forum - you know, one that has something to do with aviation. That's is why we're all here, no?
+1

Success in life is when the cognac that you drink is older than the women you drink it with.

System Message
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by System Message »

Has the United Nations ever prevented armed conflict [not just deferred it]?

If we can put oil in the engine while we're flying then we have absolutely no problem at all.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

North Shore wrote: edited to add...how about occasionally carrying on in another forum - you know, one that has something to do with aviation. That's is why we're all here, no?
I was thinking the exact same thing. So many posters down here I wonder how they are even involved in aviation anyways....

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by azimuthaviation »

North Shore wrote:edited to add...how about occasionally carrying on in another forum - you know, one that has something to do with aviation. That's is why we're all here, no?

Not too many planes fly out of Waldheim Saskatchewan I suppose

Nark
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Nark »

This forum is set up entirely for non aviation topics.
Chastising someone because they post something non-aviation in the non-aviation section.
Way to go guys!

Lord knows I don't agree with many of the pinko liberal crap that wastes bandwidth, but I'm smart enough to know that this is the forum to do it in.

Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Semper Fidelis
“De inimico non loquaris male, sed cogites"-
Do not wish death for your enemy, plan it.

Expat
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Expat »

System Message wrote:Has the United Nations ever prevented armed conflict [not just deferred it]?
Come on...The UN was asked by its biggest donors, the US and others, to give its blessings to bombing campaigns, like Kosove and Libya, to agree. Why then blame them??? :shock:
They were never asked to prevent a conflict, but they were asked many times to prevent re-igniting... :smt040

Success in life is when the cognac that you drink is older than the women you drink it with.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Nark wrote:This forum is set up entirely for non aviation topics.
Chastising someone because they post something non-aviation in the non-aviation section.
Way to go guys!
Sure, Nark, but the majority of us on here post in many of the other forums, whenever we feel that our $.02 is appropriate. There are a few posters on here whose raison d'etre is to post solely in the Water Cooler, and nothing to do with aviation. As far as I'm concerned (moderator hat off) if that's the case, then bugger off to Rabble, Free Dominion/Republic, Stormfront or HarleysRUs or whatever takes your fancy...

System Message
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by System Message »

North Shore took Winston Churchill entirely out of context. To jaw is to declare to ones enemies that there is a line that they must not cross to avoid war. Appeasement will guarantee war.

If we can put oil in the engine while we're flying then we have absolutely no problem at all.

Nark
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Nark »

I think 100% of people who post feel that their opinion is worth something, otherwise they wouldn't contribute, wherever it's posted.

Calling out someone who mostly, or solely post's in one forum over another is silly.
I'd back you; if Jake or even his admirer, Azimuthaviation posted these same topics in the main aviation forum. Your argument would have merit. However they post in the proper forums that Joe, you and the other mods have set up. He's playing in the sandbox, and not throwing sand at the other kids.

Semper Fidelis

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

System Message wrote:North Shore took Winston Churchill entirely out of context. To jaw is to declare to ones enemies that there is a line that they must not cross to avoid war. Appeasement will guarantee war.
And you know the context because you were there in the 50's when the quote was made? Unless you can specifically show me the context, then the quote is exactly as it reads: talking is better than fighting; any other meaning is your personal spin..

Nark, I think that we are going to have to disagree on this; I see AvCanada as a vehicle for things related to Canadian (generally) aviation - some evidence of interest in that area would be nice, perhaps?

Nark
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Nark »

As this is a public, and open forum, I don't believe we should show our secret-aviation-handshake in order to gain membership.

One man's opinion, no matter who wrong it may be, should be welcomed and scrutinized.

Avcanada is the electronic version of sitting in the hanger and bullshitting with the guys (and gals). Not everything needs to be aviation related, despite sitting in a hanger.

Semper Fidelis

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

North Shore wrote:
System Message wrote:North Shore took Winston Churchill entirely out of context. To jaw is to declare to ones enemies that there is a line that they must not cross to avoid war. Appeasement will guarantee war.
And you know the context because you were there in the 50's when the quote was made? Unless you can specifically show me the context, then the quote is exactly as it reads: talking is better than fighting; any other meaning is your personal spin..

Best one-liner in history had to be from Winston Churchill

Nancy Astor: "I you were my husband I would put poison in your coffee"

Winston Churchill: "And if you were my wife I would drink it"

Siddley Hawker
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Siddley Hawker »

From Richard M. Langworth, Churchill historian. :)

http://richardlangworth.com/jaw-to-jaw-versus-jaw-jaw

JakeYYZ
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JakeYYZ »

bmc wrote:I prefer Alcan aluminum.
Global governance has been on the agenda for a number of years.. it is no longer a "conspiracy theory" relegated to wackos or the "Jack Van Impe" apocalypse crew for example.
The UN has become nothing but an extortion device by the Third World. They've tried global warming to get the west to pay up. Now they are onto water and food. If you have excess be prepared to pay a fine to the Third World for having it.

The really sad thing is that I don't really believe that any of the current party leaders would oppose this in practice. They might talk about "preserving Canada's sovereignty" so that the little people don't get upset, but day by day, month by month, year by year, decisions are being made more and by the UN (and the EU in Europe) that are the right and proper domain only of the citizenry of the nation in question.
I have another thought to add on the matter. The EU has to make up its mind whether it is a federation or a trading block. At the moment, the EU is ramping up its diplomatic corps by demanding more money from its member states, and they have appointed Catherine Ashton as the head of the Diplomatic Corps. They control (edited) 27 votes and have two permanent seats (France and UK). They are hardly considered democratic anymore as they are run by a bureaucracy much like the UN itself. Once the EU arrives at a consensus on something like global warming... they can use their (edited) 27 member clout to affect policy at the UN. They are trying to inflict their anal trade policies on countries that wish to do business with them, and have their sights set on the Arctic to impose their fisheries laws and drilling laws. I think it is time the EU is forced to make a decision. If you are a federation then you get one vote not(edited) twenty-seven. Either that or Canada gets an extra ten votes for the provinces and the US gets an additional fifty-two votes for its states. After all, what's the difference? Oh..And... that “Japanese scientist” who invented shitburgers can go to hell too.

Last edited by JakeYYZ on Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Can anyone here name the 57 countries of the EU? or how about just 28

JakeYYZ
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JakeYYZ »

JakeYYZ
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JakeYYZ »

Edited. Dupe post.

Last edited by JakeYYZ on Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

See? the disparity is already less than half as bad as you thought. Maybe if your outlook was a little more informed your opinions might be a little less ...absurd?? insane?? (i dont use the term loosely either)

Nark
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Nark »

And your opinions are what exactly?

Semper Fidelis

bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by bmc »

I never considered the UN to be following in the footsteps of the Nazis. The current Israeli govt perhaps. But the UN?

The UN is as effective as the member states want. Canada's position will be dictated by you know who.

The UN's effectiveness has been diminishing over a long period time. The WHO is a mere shadow of itself, and completely lost. The Intl Labour Organ is no longer needed not wanted, particularly in places like China. UN Refugee agency...I say fvck refugees. Too many people on the planet already. ICAO, a UN offshoot act just like the Nazi's and communists. Imagine the nerve to try to coordinate int; aviation standards. I say screw em. Who needs that. Turn the radio and transponder off. Who wants to listen to some ferner on the radio.

As for intl law, I say fvck it. More communist BS. China, Russia, North Korea and Iran should do whatever they want. How communist to suggest otherwise. What a Nazi concept.

Intl trade is another Nazi concept. Embraer and Chinese manufacturers should able take all the govt subsidies they can suck off their govts. Bombardier can die on the vine baby. Harper is no big govt subsidy guy, nor should he be. If Canadian pproducts cannot compete on the world stage, Canada should go back to making canoes and bottling maple syrup.

Int; criminal tribunal on Yugoslavia and Rwanda? More 3rd Reich shit. That's all it is. Let these people be free. In fact, let the Middle East countries decide the fate of Israel. Stand back everyone, and let this useless organization fall aside. Let Iran and Saudi call the shots in the region.

The world will be a far better place when North Korea, Iran, Russia, China, Congo can treat their own, control markets, pay people dick all wages and put them in slave camps. Far better than another Nazi organization.

@#$! the UN.

:supz:

bmc

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Nark wrote: Avcanada is the electronic version of sitting in the hanger and bullshitting with the guys (and gals). Not everything needs to be aviation related, despite sitting in a hanger.
That hanger is in Ontario isn't it? I never get invited to chit chat there.

Pardon me, may I fly your light single?

Return to “The Water Cooler”