How long until the Libyans f*ck things up completely?

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

How long until the Libyans f*ck things up completely?

Post by photofly »

I understand that the first act of the new Libyan regime is to remove the ban on polygamy.

How long do you think it will be before the world comes to the conclusion that the new Libyan regime is even less desirable than the old one?
---------- ADS -----------

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
into the blue
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: How long until the Libyans f*ck things up completely?

Post by into the blue »

Yeah, those promises about using Sharia Law as a foundation for the wonderful new legislation definitely do not sound like a step forward, more like five steps back. Bye bye XXI century, hello Middle Ages.

. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.

Post by . ._ »

I came to that conclusion when I found out Al Queda is running the show. :roll:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr/17 ... a-20110417

azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by azimuthaviation »

photofly wrote:I understand that the first act of the new Libyan regime is to remove the ban on polygamy.
I wonder if the new President will arrange orgies with the Italian President like the old one did.
photofly wrote:How long do you think it will be before the world comes to the conclusion that the new Libyan regime is even less desirable than the old one?
If you can remember all the way back to ten months ago, the old regime was quite desirable.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I wonder if the new President will arrange orgies with the Italian President like the old one did.
Uh, no - I understand that under Sharia law orgies are only OK if you marry all the women first. Of course if you're Iranian then you can divorce them afterwards. Or have them executed instead. (If you work in an Iranian prison then - your luck's in - you can do the execution yourself!).

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by bmc »

This thread should be titled "Bob and Doug Mackenzie discuss international affairs"

bmc
azimuthaviation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by azimuthaviation »

LOL your understanding is quite lacking, and therein lies your problem.

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Bob, "Ok eh, so like these barbarians don't allow drinking or pork products."
Doug, "Take off, your making that up. He's making that up, he's loaded eh!"
Bob, "No way hoser. It's true, no beer or back bacon. They do allow smokes though so it's not all bad."

. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by . ._ »

"I like Khadaffi's sunglasses though, eh?"

"Well, yeah. Ya need them in the desert."

"Oh yeah. I forgot it's always sunny there."

"What would happen if it snowed in the desert?"

"I guess it would keep their beer cold, eh?"

"But it would still be a f'd up place though."

Dash-Ate
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Dash-Ate »

You gotta look at the big picture, how the West is sweeping and taking over all countries. Why do you care about a country you can't even find on a map? Because our media told us to?

War must be sold to us (We know he has WMD/He's killing his own people (so we must nato bomb them))

A country is easier to control with a brutal regime. I guess gaddafi was getting soft so they took him out and will install an even more brutal regime.

Why don't we drop FOOD onto starving africa now!! Not gonna happen! No Live Aid concerts, no telethons this time..

This time we are playing for keeps. They must die or get out ot of the way. :(

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=27310

Somalia: Western Media Indulge US and French Denials of New War in Famine-Hit Horn of Africa

In the wake of NATO's "humanitarian" R2P intervention in Libya, which is by no means over, the Pentagon has chosen to launch two more "unnoticed" wars in the African continent: Somalia and Uganda.

Given that 11-12 million people are at risk of starvation in the famine-hit region, an escalation of conflict has huge humanitarian and legal implications. Yet the Western public is being given no oversight on the matter from what appears to be a veritable news blackout on the dire situation.

The New York Times, Voice of America and the Financial Times have this week quoted US and French officials categorically denying any direct involvement in military support of Kenyan forces pushing deep into southern Somalia.

Other Western media outlets are not even carrying reports of credible allegations that American and French forces are waging war in the famine-torn country.

Two senior American officials in Washington cited by The New York Times said that neither the United States military nor the Central Intelligence Agency had carried out airstrikes in Somalia recently.

Voice of America quoted the US State Department claiming: “The United States is not participating in Kenya's current operation in Somalia.”

At most, Washington and Paris are saying that they are offering vague, logistical support. The Financial Times quotes Scott Gration, the US ambassador to Kenya, saying: “We are talking with the Kenyans right now to figure out where they need help.”

In a telling remark indicating self-censorship by the newspaper, the Financial Times noted without further questioning that Gration “did not comment on reports of a series of US drone attacks across southern Somalia in the months since June”.

That'll buff right out :rolleyes:
Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

Hey Dash-ate,

things around here just seem to fall on deaf ears my friend....people are too ignorant and oblivious too see what's going on around them and they will just mock you along the way as you try to speak up, because they have no better arguments but to make fun of you... Like I said, we should open up another thread on Syria real soon, and then couple more for countries like Iran, Somalia, Sudan and few more....They are behind schedule a bit, but NWO governments are pushing trough just fine....I just hope Canada stay the out of this, but I'm afraid our own government has been sold for cheap coins.

Dash-Ate
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Dash-Ate »

LMAO!! US "spreading democracy" in Libya and Africaby killing with unmaned drones. Anybody who gets in the way of the corporations taking over will be liquidated.

No food for you, you die now!!

Is there anyone here who still does not see we are run by evil criminals??
It's all busineses. Get in the way and ..BOOM.

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=27360

US military sources have confirmed that the Obama administration is engaged in a new war in the famine-hit Horn of Africa region.

The disclosure in the Washington Post [1] comes only days after other prominent Western media outlets, including the New York Times and the Financial Times, carried denials from the US government that it was involved in directly supporting Kenyan forces that invaded Somalia on 16 October.

Global Research first reported on 19 October [2] the lethal use of US drones in attacks on various locations across southern Somalia in a coordinated air campaign to assist the advance of Kenyan ground troops deep into Somali territory held by Islamic insurgents. We reported that US drones began attacking Somali targets days before the Kenyan army began its incursion, and have continued in a pattern that indicates American air power is being used to pave the way for ground forces as they advance towards the southern port city of Kismayu – the main stronghold of the Al Shabab insurgents, which the US government accuses of having links with Al Qaeda.

It is believed that scores of Somali fighters and civilians have been killed over the past two weeks by US unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) that have attacked several cities and towns, including Qoqani, Afmadow and Kismayu. Global Research also reported on 26 October [3] that French naval forces had joined the bombing campaign – again despite official French denials carried in Western media – and that the conclusion from these military developments was clear: Washington and Paris are now engaging in a secret new war in East Africa ¬– a region where up to 12 million people are at risk of starvation from years of drought and Western-induced conflict.

On 27 October, the Washington Post cited US military officials confirming the deployment of attack and surveillance drones in “a rapidly expanding US-led proxy war against an al Qaeda affiliate in East Africa”. The UAVs – also known as Reapers or Hunter Killers – are believed to be operated from a site in southern Ethiopia, Arba Minch, as well as from US bases in Djibouti and the Seychelles in the Indian Ocean.

The WP report states: “The [US] Air Force has invested millions of dollars to upgrade an airfield in Arba Minch, Ethiopia, where it has built a small annex to house a fleet of drones that can be equipped with Hellfire missiles and satellite-guided bombs. The Reapers began flying missions earlier this year over neighboring Somalia… The location of the Ethiopian base and the fact that it became operational this year, however, have not been previously disclosed.”

frosti
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by frosti »

Dash-Ate wrote:Is there anyone here who still does not see we are run by evil criminals??

. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by . ._ »

I guess frosti would be in that group. :P

I also assume he/she won't be donating to Alex Jones' MONEYBOMB.

http://www.infowars.com/moneybomb/

And for those of you who don't know who Alex Jones is, here's the Rolling Stone article about him.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... a-20110302

Personally, I think his stuff is pretty thought provoking, and he provides me with almost all of my "conspiracy theory" links.

Sure the guy goes off on God stuff or this or that which is a little out there, BUT if you can ignore the stuff you don't necessarily believe, the dude can really point you to some good newspaper articles and government reports.

And, I also think it's massively entertaining when he goes berserk about the New World Order stuff that he was predicting years ago being here now. I mean, 15 years ago did you EVER think some high school drop-out moron making double a copilot's wage would be grabbing your balls and stealing your toothpaste at the airport? He knew it was coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Hk1-BpXO8

For me, and Alex Jones, it's Syria or Iran. Flip a coin.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlexJone ... SZQoUXfWHU

-istp :roll: :partyman:

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

Syria.

NATO is testing Russians if they are going to stand up if they attack elsewhere. They only retaliated so far in the Georgian conflict, which was way too close to home for Russia.

Alex Jones? Yeah, saw few of his videos....he's got some good points, truthfully he over-reacts at times... because he's in front of the cameras, but nevertheless, some valid points :wink:

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Isn't Syria ready to protect themselves? I don't see that being the cake walk Iraq and Lybia were. They must know what their doing I guess, it's been calculated by someone.

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

UK military steps up plans for Iran attack amid fresh nuclear fears
Wednesday 2 November 2011
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/no ... ck-nuclear

================================================================================

U.S. says IAEA report on Iran next week critical
NOV 3, 2011

(Reuters) - A report due next week from the IAEA nuclear watchdog will be an important opportunity for the world to assess whether Iran is meeting international obligations in its nuclear program, the White House said on Thursday.

Earlier, U.S. President Barack Obama said he had discussed his concerns about Iran and its nuclear program with French President Nicolas Sarkozy ahead of the G20 summit, and both had agreed that international pressure must be maintained on Iran.

"The IAEA is scheduled to release a report on Iran's nuclear program next week and President Sarkozy and I agree on the need to maintain the unprecedented pressure on Iran to meet its obligations," he told reporters.

The United States and its partners are concerned that Iran's nuclear program is aimed at developing a nuclear weapon capability. Tehran says the program is peaceful and is aimed at producing energy and for medical purposes.

Western opponents of Tehran hope the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) report will make a firm assessment that it believes Iran is working to develop a nuclear weapon; but it is not clear if it will go that far.

Relations between Tehran and Washington have been under additional strain since U.S. officials last month announced an alleged Iranian plot, which Tehran denies, to assassinate the Saudi Arabian ambassador to the United States.

Obama warned at the time that Iran would suffer the "toughest possible" sanctions as a consequence and the White House cast Obama's discussion as part of that effort.

"What we're focused on is a diplomatic strategy which...increases the pressure on the Iranians, through financial pressure, through economic sanctions, through diplomatic isolation," said White House deputy national security adviser Ben Rhodes, in response to a question about military options toward Iran.

================================================================================

Benjamin Netanyahu seeks cabinet support for Israeli strike on Iran
Nov. 06, 2011

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -Iran.html

Israel tests nuclear-capable missile
02 November, 2011, 19:53

Israel’s military has test-fired a missile which is reportedly capable of delivering a nuclear warhead to any part of the Middle East and probably as far as Europe. It comes amid speculation that Tel Aviv is planning a military strike on Iran.

­The test on Wednesday was reported with little detail by Israel’s Defense Ministry.

“Israel today carried out the test-firing of a rocket propulsion system from the Palmachim base,” a ministerial statement said. “This had been long-planned by the defense establishment and was carried out as scheduled.”

The plume left by the missile went almost straight upwards and could be seen from most parts of central Israel, reports Reuters citing eyewitness accounts.

Both local and international media believe that the missile tested was the long-range ballistic missile Jericho III. The specifications of the weapon are classified, but estimates by military experts believe it to be a three-stage solid propellant missile with a payload of more than 1,000 kilograms, which is enough to carry a nuclear warhead. It may have range of more than 11,000 kilometers and could carry a payload MIRVed warheads of smaller yield.

The news comes amid a flurry of media reports in Israel, which say Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the cabinet are contemplating an attack on Iran. The reports have not been officially commented on. Some analysts believe that the government is playing a strongman card to appeal to voters after Israel’s failure to prevent Palestine’s admission to UNESCO.

Israel and its allies are calling to put pressure on Iran over its alleged intention to produce a nuclear weapon. Tehran denies the allegations. In the past Israeli air forces have attacked sites which were believe to be nuclear facilities, in Iraq in 1981 and in Syria in 2007.

The Jewish State itself has neither confirmed nor denied having a nuclear arsenal, but is widely believed to have such weapons in its possession.

Maybe I was wrong about Syria after all???

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Mig29 »

Btw I don't know which one of you moderators deleted "Who's next on do to list?" topic, but I gotta a descent short term memory.

...can't say the same for my long term though :smt108

Dash-Ate
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Dash-Ate »

WAR is a business never forget.
It must be sold to us with catchy slogans like with any other product.

We know he has WMD!!
He's killing his own people!!
Axis of Evil!!
Tuesday, November 15, 2011Invading Libya brings UK govt. £200bn

The British government has announced that its role in invading Libya would bring it profits of around £200 billion winning contracts for rebuilding the country.

After the UK Department of Trade and Investment announced that the British government could enjoy profits of up to £200 billion gained from contracts to put Libya together, it emerged that the British government had made an excellent investment by spending nearly £300 million bombing Libya.

Being among the first governments to launch strikes on oil-rich Libya, the British government soon revealed its intention for invading the country when British officials explicitly announced plans to secure British companies lucrative contracts in order to rebuild the country which was torn apart by the very same governments now struggling to fill their pockets.

“Libya is a relatively wealthy country with oil reserves, and I expect there will be opportunities for British and, indeed, other companies to get involved in the reconstruction of Libya,” said British defence secretary Philip Hammond.

“We bomb, we destroy, and then we get the contracts to rebuild afterwards,” said John Hilary, executive director at the War on Want anti-poverty charity, as he launched a scathing attack on the British government's greed putting commercial interests before human rights issues.

Possessing the richest oil reserves in the African continent, Libya was just considered as a profitable client by the Western powers that tore the country apart in order to “reconstruct” it.

“The west is establishing another client in Libya. Libya is the source of more oil than any other country in Africa, including Nigeria,” said John Pilger, a London-based journalist and documentary maker.

“The National Transition Council told the French that if they sent in their airplanes they would give Total 35 per cent of the oil reserves. There's so much evidence for what the thing really is,” added Pilge
http://poorrichards-blog.blogspot.com/2 ... 200bn.html

+TSRAGR
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by +TSRAGR »

Interesting to note that an ad for Libyan based DC9 crews posted on this forum yesterday clearly states that holders of FAA licences and/or US passports need not apply.

Further proof that NATO risked the lives of service people and wasted our money when they chose to interfere in a civil war in a country where they had no business being.

Return to “The Water Cooler”