HEY....TRANSPORT! PAY ATTENTION ya punk a$$ b!tche$

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: HEY....TRANSPORT! PAY ATTENTION ya punk a$$ b!tche$

Post by iflyforpie »

Doc wrote: Call in "tired"....and be sure to get back to us on how its going in the EI line.
'Tired' and 'fatigued' are two different things. Fatigue is the cumulative effect of stress and lack of rest.

I have not only called in 'fatigued', but I have also been sent home--with pay--because the effects of fatigue were showing.

But ahhh... aviationdom. Where if you stand up for your rights there are always ten people waiting to take your job and work harder for less money. Sometime I wonder why I even bother... :roll:
---------- ADS -----------

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

I walked away from a job that had paperwork max duty days, but in reality had crazy work hours. The "wake up" call for me was coming back to the home base one night at 4 AM in shyte weather legal within my duty day but numb with fatigue. The weather was at ILS minimums and my approach briefing was "the standard one for Runway XX and we are NOT going around" The FO's reply was "sounds good to me". We broke out right at Mins and landed. I was so tired I had to keep the car window wide open on the way home so I did not fall asleep. The next morning I went to the CP and said I was leaving the company effective immediately. I was too late too smart, I should have left far sooner, and it was my good luck that nothing bad happened to me when flying as a Zombie.

Colonel Sanders
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Colonel Sanders »

Ok, who's going to print this thread off and mail it to the Director General of Civil Aviation? Or would the Minister of Transport be a better person to address it to?

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Save your 52 cents, Colonel - didn't you see the CBC special on SMS the other day? 'The accident rate doesn't reflect anything wrong with SMS' - nor fatigue, I'd bet.

No accidents, no problem, no action....

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
SarahLovesSeaplanes
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by SarahLovesSeaplanes »

North Shore wrote:Save your 52 cents, Colonel - didn't you see the CBC special on SMS the other day? 'The accident rate doesn't reflect anything wrong with SMS' - nor fatigue, I'd bet.

No accidents, no problem, no action....
There's no blood test for fatigue so never will there be an accident officially attributed to fatigue. It's disgusting.

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

iflyforpie wrote:
But ahhh... aviationdom. Where if you stand up for your rights there are always ten people waiting to take your job and work harder for less money. Sometime I wonder why I even bother... :roll:
And, this is the bottom line! I hears ya.

Return to “The Water Cooler”