Pet Peeves?

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
Message
Author
Apollo
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 590
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:42 pm
Location: Ontario

Pet Peeves?

#1 Post by Apollo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:48 pm

What happened to the pet peeves post?
---------- ADS -----------
  

xxxxxx
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:17 am

Re: Pet Peeves?

#2 Post by xxxxxx » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:40 am

Unfortunately, one or two persons used the thread to post insults instead of intelligent replies, including a post that was just deleted by the mods here. Understandably, the person attacked responded in kind but it is unfortunate that they are put in this position.

initiating immature, grade school insults ends up results in lost threads sometimes. Immature posters should go somewhere else.
---------- ADS -----------
  

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3256
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:33 am
Location: YYC 230 degree radial at about 10 DME

Re: Pet Peeves?

#3 Post by co-joe » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:37 pm

I hate it when dispatch calls and makes me go to work. Don't they know I have more important things to do than fly their silly little aeroplane around?
---------- ADS -----------
  

lownslow
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 976
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:56 am

Re: Pet Peeves?

#4 Post by lownslow » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:32 pm

co-joe wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:37 pm
I hate it when dispatch calls and makes me go to work. Don't they know I have more important things to do than fly their silly little aeroplane around?
I know, right? It's, "f#ck you, pay me," not, "f#ck you, work me!" Where do they get off? Clowns.
---------- ADS -----------
  

ant_321
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:43 pm

Re: Pet Peeves?

#5 Post by ant_321 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:08 pm

co-joe wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:37 pm
I hate it when dispatch calls and makes me go to work. Don't they know I have more important things to do than fly their silly little aeroplane around?
Just don’t answer. Call back a little later, tell them you were taking a poop and hopefully they called someone else by then.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
Shady McSly
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:28 am

Re: Pet Peeves?

#6 Post by Shady McSly » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:33 pm

xxxxxx wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:40 am
Unfortunately, one or two persons used the thread to post insults instead of intelligent replies, including a post that was just deleted by the mods here. Understandably, the person attacked responded in kind but it is unfortunate that they are put in this position.

initiating immature, grade school insults ends up results in lost threads sometimes. Immature posters should go somewhere else.
Image
---------- ADS -----------
  

DanWEC
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1486
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:05 pm
Location: 404

Re: Pet Peeves?

#7 Post by DanWEC » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:24 pm

The "Person attacked" went way, way too far in response.

He actually keyword searched "Divorce" in order to reference an old unrelated thread in which TPC was openheartedly, humbly talking about and giving advice to others regarding his own tribulations. The "Person attacked", who seems to be a fellow pilot, then unfathomably used a man's divorce as some sort of reduction on his personal yardstick and outright stated he hoped his kids went with the other parent.

Let that sink in, over an internet forum thread argument.

Easily the most basic, classless post I have ever seen on this forum the entire time I've been a member. Glad it got deleted, but I'm sure many people saw it, and from here on out I won't respect a word of his opinion.
---------- ADS -----------
  

hamstandard
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:33 am

Re: Pet Peeves?

#8 Post by hamstandard » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:00 am

It would be nice to have a policy from the mods to just delete the few posts that become a argument and keep the rest of the thread. Maybe they can do that with the one we are talking about and then delete this thread. Hate to see a good thread disappear.
---------- ADS -----------
  

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3256
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:33 am
Location: YYC 230 degree radial at about 10 DME

Re: Pet Peeves?

#9 Post by co-joe » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:20 pm

hamstandard wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:00 am
It would be nice to have a policy from the mods to just delete the few posts that become a argument and keep the rest of the thread. Maybe they can do that with the one we are talking about and then delete this thread. Hate to see a good thread disappear.
I hate it when good threads disappear.
---------- ADS -----------
  

CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1370
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:47 pm

Re: Pet Peeves?

#10 Post by CAL » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:21 am

My Pet Peeve is the cost of traveling on Canadian Airlines.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Post Reply

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”