AVCANADA

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:29 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Kasper air?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:14 pm 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Does anyone know anything about this new company in Northwestern Ontario?

http://flykasper.com/

Post subject: Re: Kasper air?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:23 pm 
Rank 3
Rank 3

I've never heard of a Gipps Aero airvan. Looks like a mini piston powered Caravan? Somewhere between the 206 and Caravan in size I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:17 pm 
Rank 6
Rank 6

Duffman wrote:
I've never heard of a Gipps Aero airvan. Looks like a mini piston powered Caravan? Somewhere between the 206 and Caravan in size I guess.

The GA-8 "Airvan" has been around in commercial service longer than you've been an AvCanada member...

I had a chance to get a demo flight and "ground school" back in 2006-2007. As the CP for the company at the time I recommended hanging on to our 206's until we could afford getting our hands onto a 208.

With that said the GA-8 is a nice bird depending on what you need it to do and your mission platform.

All the best,
TPC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:27 am 
Rank 10
Rank 10

I wonder if Kasper is a friendly CEO; The friendliest CEO you know?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:32 pm 
Rank 10
Rank 10

TeePeeCreeper wrote:
I had a chance to get a demo flight and "ground school" back in 2006-2007. As the CP for the company at the time I recommended hanging on to our 206's until we could afford getting our hands onto a 208.

How come? What didn't you like about it?

It seems like a cheap way to get a decent load a short distance.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:15 pm 
Rank 3
Rank 3

I've seen the airvan used in the Safari in Africa, but just looking at that "plastic?" pod makes me wonder how long it will last in frigid -35 degrees loading and unloading all day. I'd like to know what they will plan on paying their new pilots..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:15 pm 
Rank 10
Rank 10

Since they have 4 Co founders and 1 airplane I don't think they'll be looking for any pilots any time soon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:37 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

Heard Kasper Air may have made a mayday call and landed off airport somewhere near YAQ few days ago?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:16 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Where did you hear that? Is it true?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:31 am 
Rank 2
Rank 2

Occurrence Summary
Date Entered:2015-02-09
Narrative:
A Kasper Aviation Gippsaero GA8-TC 320 (C-FPRX), a VFR aircraft with no known flight plan on file, was heard by an overflying aircraft declaring MAYDAY. It was reported that the aircraft landed safely on a pond approximately 7 miles southwest of Kasabonika, ON (CYAQ) due to engine problems resulting from a loss of oil pressure.
O.P.I.: Further Action Required:No

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:48 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

The question is will transport shut them down before we see more serious incidents? Apparently they had a little "icing problem" not long ago. I would not fly any of my family or friends with this "Airline".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:33 pm 
Rank 3
Rank 3

Agreed . Complete bag of hammers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:45 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Sounds like working there would be interesting.

Tweet the Pres himself:

https://twitter.com/kasperwabinski

You may be able to get in on a soggy cookie tournament.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:50 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

Looks like someone maybe hacked his account?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:16 am 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Ohh myyy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:25 am 
Rank 0
Rank 0

I've spoken to them recently and they expect their pilots to work 6-7 days a week for 1000/ month with no flight pay. They do some maintenance off books by themselves without their AMOs knowledge. They fly in 1 mile/ 300feet but that very often gets pushed down. It's only a matter of time until they push it too far.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:11 am 
Rank 0
Rank 0

Say what you want about flying for Kasper. He gives you a place to stay and that's worth about 5k a year in savings.

Do the math kids. Go fly for Kasper for 3 seasons. Get all the pic you need for your atpl. Apply to perimeter/bearskin with 1k hours, and work on a metro for a year and you will be at jazz less than 2 years in the industry.

Or you can be a ramp rat somewhere, pay rent, make 40 k a year. Get treated like shit. Barely get to fly. Waste 1-2 years and once you finally get a position flying you will wait 3 years to move up pic. So you will be at jazz in 5 years and what? Made a couple extra bucks? You probably just wasted all your extra money on rent and alcohol trying to suppress your feelings of being treated like shit on the ramp.

Get your cpl. Fly for Kasper for 8 months, jump a ramp Rat in line at company x once you have 1k hours and you will be at jazz or Porter in no time. Hate on Kasper all you want but really I think you will be way further ahead in the long run than anyone working a ramp spot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:45 am 
Rank 10
Rank 10

simon76 wrote:
Say what you want about flying for Kasper. He gives you a place to stay and that's worth about 5k a year in savings.

Do the math kids. Go fly for Kasper for 3 seasons. Get all the pic you need for your atpl. Apply to perimeter/bearskin with 1k hours, and work on a metro for a year and you will be at jazz less than 2 years in the industry.

Or you can be a ramp rat somewhere, pay rent, make 40 k a year. Get treated like shit. Barely get to fly. Waste 1-2 years and once you finally get a position flying you will wait 3 years to move up pic. So you will be at jazz in 5 years and what? Made a couple extra bucks? You probably just wasted all your extra money on rent and alcohol trying to suppress your feelings of being treated like shit on the ramp.

Get your cpl. Fly for Kasper for 8 months, jump a ramp Rat in line at company x once you have 1k hours and you will be at jazz or Porter in no time. Hate on Kasper all you want but really I think you will be way further ahead in the long run than anyone working a ramp spot

Troll.

So you make 1000 a month, and get lodging paid for at 5K a year. So I made 17K to work in shitty conditions. No I'll go work the ramp for 25K, for a reputable company and be happy.

How long have you been working there?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:45 pm 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Well, this is quite a change from your post just a couple clicks up about them....

simon76 wrote:
The question is will transport shut them down before we see more serious incidents? Apparently they had a little "icing problem" not long ago. I would not fly any of my family or
friends with this "Airline".

1000/month? I made double that as an instructor. Operational time IS better, but not if the alleged safety issues are true.

I don't know what's worse, getting a flying job at a shitty operator or pushing a broom with a CPL.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:59 am 
Rank 4
Rank 4

simon76 wrote:

Wow! This guy's got it figured out.
Scary.

Post subject: !!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:10 am 
Rank 0
Rank 0

flyinhigh wrote:
simon76 wrote:

Troll.

So you make 1000 a month, and get lodging paid for at 5K a year. So I made 17K to work in shitty conditions. No I'll go work the ramp for 25K, for a reputable company and be happy.

How long have you been working there?

Just giving the other perspective. I think that's great you want to work the ramp for 25 k and you feel so accomplished. Hope you are as happy as you sound. What reputable company are you speaking of that pays less than minimum wage?

Truth is none of these options are reputable, none of them are to be so proud to be part of. But if your goal is to make it to porter or jazz ill bet kasper will get a 200 hour wonder there faster than a ramp spot. That awesome 25k a year ramp spot you are so proud of.

Post subject: Re: !!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:33 am 
Rank 7
Rank 7

simon76 wrote:
But if your goal is to make it to Porter or Jazz I'll bet kasper will get a 200 hour wonder there faster than a ramp spot. Get your cpl. Fly for Kasper for 8 months, jump a ramp Rat in line at company x once you have 1k hours and you will be at jazz or Porter in no time. Hate on Kasper all you want but really I think you will be way further ahead in the long run than anyone working a ramp spot

Probably so in terms of getting your total time up; but not so much in terms of reputation. Networking in this business is huge, and your name will precede you anywhere you go. If I don't know you, someone I do, definitely does. It's a small world!

Secondly, no company will give out the keys to a brand new CPL, and trust them with their airplane. Apprentice, Ramp, Wannabe (whatever you want to call it) Programs were created to see if they new hires could cut it and be trustworthy through their work ethic. Sadly, it's become what it is now, cheap labour; but that's another discussion.

Total time only matters in meeting the minimum requirements to apply for an airline job. Meeting those requirements does not guarantee you a job! It'll get you that proverbial "foot in the door". Having good references will also help widen that door.

How you interview, how you answer the questions, your personality, your reputation, your references, how you fit within the organisation, what the company is looking for in the ideal candidate, the number of spots available, and the quality of the applicant pool; will ultimately dictate if you get the job.

Long story short, you may get those hours quickly, but if you're one to break rules in order to "get er' done", step over someone to get to the next level, you may end up, scratching your head when no one calls you back for an interview.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:36 pm 
Rank 4
Rank 4

why is this joke of an operation in the airline section?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:19 am 
Rank 8
Rank 8

Working the ramp is safer than flying for Kasper.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:11 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

$1000/month......Sweet. :rolleyes: