Kasper air?

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Kasper air?

#26 Post by 2R » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:24 pm

Something strange in your neighborhood ,Who are you going to call ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m9We2XsVZfc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
---------- ADS -----------

tipsails
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: !!

#27 Post by tipsails » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:49 pm

Grey_Wolf wrote:
Secondly, no company will give out the keys to a brand new CPL, and trust them with their airplane.
Completely false. Present yourself as a professional and people will treat you as such. Be honest in saying you're not interested in ramp and wannabe jobs, and you you'll quickly find yourself pointed in the right direction for a flying job. I know of many places who give low time/new pilots a chance. If you walk in thinking you're only worth a ramp job, a ramp job is all they will give you.

Believing the quoted statement is just a way of justifying having done a ramp/wannabe position but should not be considered the new norm.

Grey_Wolf
Rank 7
Rank 7

#28 Post by Grey_Wolf » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:59 pm

Tipsails, I believe we are on the same page when it comes to attitude and work ethic. Being a professional encompasses many skills and traits (Competence, Reliability, Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Positivity, etc..). Employers look for these skills and more before they give the keys to a new CPL. If you're looking for a flying job, then go for it!

If there are no flying jobs, then a ramp position might be a stop gap in the meantime. Know the company you're applying to, and understand their hiring practices. Some companies have contractual obligations with regards to minimum pilot qualifications. If it's a 703/704 that only hires from the ramp; then it's a hoop that you have to go through IF you want to fly for that company. If you're not interested, then don't apply.

I still stand by what I've said. "No company will give out the keys to a brand new CPL, and trust them with their airplane". I'd be surprised to find a 300 hour wonder in a commercial operation, being PIC, of a 9 passenger airplane, flying with an ops spec of 1 mile / 300'.

With that said, I've flown with low time guys (less than 1000TT), who got in the right seat, learnt the job; and were promoted 6 months to a year later to Captain.

All the best out there!
"A good traveller has no fixed plan and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu

Dash-6
Rank 0
Rank 0

#29 Post by Dash-6 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:07 pm

Does Kasper require a bond and money up front? And if yes how much!! This post Intrigue's me

cdnpilot77
Rank 10
Rank 10

#30 Post by cdnpilot77 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:24 am

Dash-6 wrote:Does Kasper require a bond and money up front? And if yes how much!! This post Intrigue's me
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (60.05 KiB) Viewed 2394 times

Waterdog20
Rank 0
Rank 0

#31 Post by Waterdog20 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:15 am

Dash-6 wrote:Does Kasper require a bond and money up front? And if yes how much!! This post Intrigue's me
$4000 training bond with interest

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”