Porter bumps cancer patient going to treatment, compensates

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

TrailerParkBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Porter bumps cancer patient going to treatment, compensa

Post by TrailerParkBoy »

Hotels will send you to the next hotel usually nicer....airlines won't pay for your ticket on the next flight with tge competition!
---------- ADS -----------

bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by bmc »

Takeoff OK wrote:The solution to this is so simple: Make overselling flights illegal. Somebody can correct me on this (I'm sure), but in what other industry can you sell a product that doesn't actually exist? What would happen if promotion companies could oversell concerts or hockey games. It would be the lead news story right away. So why do airlines get away with it? The practice is unacceptable. Period.
It's simple. People make bookings and never show hope. You hold seats for them and they no-show.

Make we make them pay for not showing up. You can easily have 10-15 no-shows on a B777 or a B747. The airline holds seats in good faith. Passengers don't show up. Maybe the airlines should charge them for the seat they never use.

bmc
Takeoff OK
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Takeoff OK »

bmc wrote:
Takeoff OK wrote:The solution to this is so simple: Make overselling flights illegal. Somebody can correct me on this (I'm sure), but in what other industry can you sell a product that doesn't actually exist? What would happen if promotion companies could oversell concerts or hockey games. It would be the lead news story right away. So why do airlines get away with it? The practice is unacceptable. Period.
It's simple. People make bookings and never show hope. You hold seats for them and they no-show.

Make we make them pay for not showing up. You can easily have 10-15 no-shows on a B777 or a B747. The airline holds seats in good faith. Passengers don't show up. Maybe the airlines should charge them for the seat they never use.
Absolutely they should pay for the seat they booked; used or not. That's the deal: Pay for a seat, and use it or lose it, the money is spent. If you can't show up on time to travel in a chair that is six miles off the ground, at almost the speed of sound to a whole different climate, then you don't deserve your money back. This sh*t used to mean something.

godsrcrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by godsrcrazy »

Over selling seats is just straight greed. Companies have ruined peoples vacations and travel plans without even batting and eye, let alone the stress imposed on their employees having to stand there and be bitched out by an irate passenger. Airlines wonder why air rage is on the rise. Most airlines oversell hoping people don't show or cancel in time so they can collect extra revenue. The largest discount carrier in Canada guarantees they will not over sell their flights and their profit margin is the highest the highest in Canada while maintaining dedicated cliental. There is not an airline around that just hands you your money back when you cancel your flight. To the best of my knowledge they charge a cancelation fee or change fee while they only credit your money towards future travel.

On another topic In the last 3 months i have had to flights cancelled on me and still have not received a credit to my card from the airline. The last flight was over 5 weeks ago.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”