to All Air Canada Ramp employees.

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Mach7
Rank 1
Rank 1

to All Air Canada Ramp employees.

Post by Mach7 »

As a Jazz Pilot, flying in the East, with the sh*it weather, low CFRIs, high crosswinds, and dangerous ramp conditions, we should all take some time to thank the Ramp Leads and handlers that ensure a safe operation day in and day out by properly loading, monitoring, and diligently checking the wings and intakes for ice and snow accumulation.

Say what you want about AGS, I have found them very professional and highly trained, and am a more comfortable Pilot knowing that they have my back.

These people work hard and go above and beyond the call of duty, like the other night in Halifax using a dryer to thaw out the control switches at Gate 23 in an attempt to get get the bridge to move, all this in 40 knots of wind with ice pellets hitting them in the face whilst trying to stand in less than ideal ramp conditions.

Or the other night in Ottawa when I relayed my concern to the ramp about the contaminant in the engine intakes. The lead not only took time to ensure that the N1 fans were free and that the intake was clean, but also gave me a detailed report prior to push back.

Yes we complain when we are holding off gate and there is nobody around, but usually the case is they are busy with another push back.

Thanking each and every one of you for the support and safety you provide.
---------- ADS -----------

Johnny#5
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: to All Air Canada Ramp employees.

Post by Johnny#5 »

The few duds in their lot ruin it for the vast number of pros like the ones you mentioned.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”