Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Looking for Ex Sunwing Chief Pilot Mark Hughes

Post by Gilles Hudicourt »

Mark Hughes,

Would you be willing to speak to a journalist ?
The topic would be Foreign Pilots of course. Nothing else.

Please contact vlu @ thestar dot ca

Gilles
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Gilles Hudicourt on Tue May 05, 2015 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Looking for Ex Sunwing Chief Pilot Mark Hugues

Post by pelmet »

Gilles Hudicourt wrote:Mark Hugues,

Gilles
I'm sure that would be great for his career hiring potential. A new company will be interested in what you say about the former company or if you are willing to be discreet. After all, that is what they will expect from their chief pilot.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

MH is headed back to NZ where he was a foreign worker himself (although legal resident by marriage I think). Good luck soliciting his support on this issue.

If there is any hope on this matter it will take support and advocacy from a significant political player. The incumbent political party seems comfortable perpetuating status quo on foreign pilots so long as the person serving you your hamburger at McDonald's in Fort Mac is not here on TFWP.

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

pelmet wrote: I'm sure that would be great for his career hiring potential. A new company will be interested in what you say about the former company or if you are willing to be discreet. After all, that is what they will expect from their chief pilot.
Because you think that part would be posted here ?

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Gilles Hudicourt wrote:
pelmet wrote: I'm sure that would be great for his career hiring potential. A new company will be interested in what you say about the former company or if you are willing to be discreet. After all, that is what they will expect from their chief pilot.
Usually when someone does an interview for TV it is for the public. I suspect that a management pilot(or a manager for any company) is expected to not discuss certain issues to the media or to other companies if they leave. Regardless of whether it is right or wrong, I think it is safe to say that Sunwing prefer that this issue not be discussed in the media. If someone were to do that, a future employer with their own issues would likely take that into consideration.

And, yes, I suspect that you would post the interview here although the company would be more concerned about the public at large.

Bottom line, he ain't getting interviewed.

sluggo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by sluggo »

pelmet wrote:
Gilles Hudicourt wrote:
Usually when someone does an interview for TV it is for the public. I suspect that a management pilot(or a manager for any company) is expected to not discuss certain issues to the media or to other companies if they leave. Regardless of whether it is right or wrong, I think it is safe to say that Sunwing prefer that this issue not be discussed in the media. If someone were to do that, a future employer with their own issues would likely take that into consideration.

And, yes, I suspect that you would post the interview here although the company would be more concerned about the public at large.

Bottom line, he ain't getting interviewed.
Intimidation tactics, and our own innate predisposition to behave and play by the "rules" is the at the very core of many of the bigger problems we are faced with in our industry. Ongoing misuse of the TFW program to the detriment of all Canadian pilots and companies (except SW) is a prime example. Sure, we have to look out for ourselves but there is much, much more we can do individually for the collective good of our profession.

This airline's abuse of the TFW program is corrupt. If they don't play by the rules then, frankly, they don't deserve any compliance or protection from our industry's members or the general public.

The health of our profession comes first. Corruptly exploitative and damaging business practice? .... that doesn't deserve to see the light of day. I think we all need to make a special effort here.

Takeoff OK
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Takeoff OK »

sluggo wrote: Intimidation tactics, and our own innate predisposition to behave and play by the "rules" is the at the very core of many of the bigger problems we are faced with in our industry. Ongoing misuse of the TFW program to the detriment of all Canadian pilots and companies (except SW) is a prime example. Sure, we have to look out for ourselves but there is much, much more we can do individually for the collective good of our profession.

This airline's abuse of the TFW program is corrupt. If they don't play by the rules then, frankly, they don't deserve any compliance or protection from our industry's members or the general public.

The health of our profession comes first. Corruptly exploitative and damaging business practice? .... that doesn't deserve to see the light of day. I think we all need to make a special effort here.
Why don't we have a "like" function on this forum? C'mon avcanada overlords; innovate this thing so we can see how many people actually agree with the the things that are posted here.

Anyway... ^^^LIKE!^^^

florch
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by florch »

Gilles Hudicourt wrote:Mark Hugues,

Gilles
I know this may seem like a minor point, but maybe if you want a response you could be respectful and spell his name properly.

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

So I was disrespectful because I made a mistake ? My apologies !!!!

It's corrected.

florch
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Looking for Ex Sunwing Chief Pilot Mark Hughes

Post by florch »

You're a bit touchy too :)

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”