Interview process at sunwing

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Interview process at sunwing

Post by Gilles Hudicourt »

But being a TFW pilot or a foreign Wet Lease pilot will allow you into a Sunwing cockpit without even an interview right ?
---------- ADS -----------

ea306
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ea306 »

In exactly the same manner as our competitor's tour operator used a third party Canadian air carrier to be the first ones to introduce the TFW to Canadian Flight decks.

The point of my post is not about TFW as much as it's about being professional enough to be able to succeed in the interview process for Employment. I don't imagine using that kind of dress code and personal decorum would get positive results interviewing for any airline.... Including yours.

Gilles Hudicourt
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Gilles Hudicourt »

So you think all those Canjet pilots who were PFO'd wore jeans at the interview, replied to questions with F-words and were obnoxious about being 737NG type rated and arrived with the attitude that Sunwing owed them a job ?

If you say so......

Last edited by Gilles Hudicourt on Thu May 07, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Libra
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Libra »

ok, ok ... The real issue is foreign pilots needlessly taking Canadians' jobs. Not who was disqualified at an interview for wearing jeans or a mini-skirt or whatever. If a guy didn't qualify at a Sunwing interview, so be it, but there shall be another Canadian pilot to select instead. I think what we want to see here is 100% of the hiring derive from an all-Canadian source of pilots.

ea306
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ea306 »

You are twisting words Gilles. I will not toss out the respectful repore that you and I have developed over the years by getting into this.

Point is: yes there were candidates who did as I said. I did not say Canjet Pilots show up for interviews that did not get selected wore jeans and drop F Bombs... You are taking a factual comment that I made and have extrapolated into something else.

I have made enough comments over the years on the TFW issue. Although an anonymous poster on here...you do know exactly who I am.

My comment is about how to better succeed at an interview. Seriously.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

ea306 wrote:My comment is about how to better succeed at an interview. Seriously.
Bring a bottle or 2 of very fine bourbon!

ea306
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ea306 »

Now you are talking... LOL

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

It amazes me that someone would show up at an interview like this in jeans unless they were not serious about the job. Swearing is not a good idea either in an interview.

sluggo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by sluggo »

less to do with jeans/no jeans, more to do with this, especially 2:50-3:50.

http://globalnews.ca/video/1407544/ndp- ... c-problems

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”