AVCANADA

It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:05 pm

All times are UTC-07:00




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:58 pm 
Offline
Rank 8
Rank 8
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 11:17 am
Posts: 802
IF YOU HAVE already voted in the advance polls KUDOS ! :P if not it it is a duty of every one of us to keep our democracy going ( good or bad ) but going by expressing ones support or displeasure by voting .

In a Non scientific manner here are the 5 issues that will affect everyone's pocket book .

1/ NET National DEBT national accumulated debt now stands at 619 BILLION interest payments every year to pay 29.4 billion BIGGEST LINE ITEM on govt books after health care transfers to the provinces It is a Much bigger item than defense and northern aboriginal affairs. ( those are the top 3) national debt is the biggest threat to the middle class young people need to vote conservative to tell the baby boomers ( biggest voting block) stop spending our future and your grand kids too.

2/ HEALTH CARE the lie is cuts to funding health care transfers > FUNDING HAS INCREASED BY 60 PERCENT SINCE 2006 and(6 percent) will grow by another 5 percent in the next 18 months the provinces have directed some of the funding away from health into to other priorities including senior care but there will never be enough money with new drug and treatments exceeding 1 -2 million a patient

3) FISHERIES and OCEANS if you have ever seen a sat map of the china sea the worlds largest coastal dead zone then you can relate. over fishing the will cause wars in countries that need to defend there only source of meat protein against those that have already depleted there own fish resources. IN CANADA CLIMATE change will have more benefits than harm northern climate our growing season will lengthen and it will cost less to heat our homes which combined with new technologies will reduce our emissions. The European solution for Canada wont work for on simple reason they have 500million people to tax to the hilt and the entire Continent of Europe can be "figuratively speaking" dropped into a landmass the size of Ontario.

4/ Defense we sit on the 2 largest land mass in the planet and haven't built or bought a fighter jet in 35 years nor a navy destroyer in 45 years "Justin Trudeau would tell Putin to f..k o to his face" that not a very smart statesman to poke the bear when the bear has more conventional weapons than Justin has hair on his head let alone nukes.

5/ Education the net debt affect the ability of govt to fund low cost post secondary education the interest that is paid has to be taken from general revenues NOTE* TO ALL 30 SOMETHINGS if you want your kids be bankrupt in student debt age 30 buy the time the last of the baby boomers retire then voting for more debt is a recipe for that to happen

IN closing oldncold believes strongly in social justice but pay as you go lets not bankrupt our kids and grand kids to do it /strong armed forces with modern equipment to talk softly and carry a very lethal stick . / clean oceans but a strong coast guard and navy sure go along ways to making that happen .

Its your duty { VOTE} in this is election, This is the election of a generation and truly is about one issue which party is going to do the least damage to the wallet and when you walk into that booth hold up your wallet and go this is for my grand kids [b]I am voting conservative reason Justin may have nice hair but his father Pierre did the reach around into many wallets to the tune of 234 billion in net debt and we are still paying and paying and it started with 'modest deficit' The FRUIT don't fall far from the tree .
[/b] Thank-you fly safe



Last edited by oldncold on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 pm 
Offline
Rank 3
Rank 3
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:35 pm
Posts: 104
oldncold wrote:
1/ NET National DEBT national accumulated debt now stands at 619 BILLION interest payments every year to pay 29.4 billion BIGGEST LINE ITEM on govt books after health care transfers to the provinces It is a Much bigger item than defense and northern aboriginal affairs. ( those are the top 3) national debt is the biggest threat to the middle class

...

Its your duty VOTE this is election truly is about one issue which party is going to do the least damage to the wallet and when you walk into that booth hold up your wallet and go this is for my grand kids [b]I am voting conservative reason Justin may have nice hair but his father Pierre did the reach around into many wallets to the tune of 234 billion in net debt and it started with 'modest deficit' FRUIT don't fall from the tree .
[/b]


If one does some research on the Department of Finances website, and looks at the budgets published by Governments in the last 15 years, you'll see that Stephen Harpers (and Brian Mulroneys) governments ran deficits and contributed to the national debt more than Jean Chretien or Paul Martins governments. Stevies Debt-to-GDP ratio is also the worst. And we've had the worst GDP growth under his reign. And don't blame 2008 recession, this started with his minority governments in 2006.

In other words, Stephen Harper is no economic genius that his campaign claims him to be.



Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:25 pm 
Offline
Rank 0
Rank 0

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:09 pm
Posts: 2
pianokeys wrote:
oldncold wrote:
1/ NET National DEBT national accumulated debt now stands at 619 BILLION interest payments every year to pay 29.4 billion BIGGEST LINE ITEM on govt books after health care transfers to the provinces It is a Much bigger item than defense and northern aboriginal affairs. ( those are the top 3) national debt is the biggest threat to the middle class

...

Its your duty VOTE this is election truly is about one issue which party is going to do the least damage to the wallet and when you walk into that booth hold up your wallet and go this is for my grand kids [b]I am voting conservative reason Justin may have nice hair but his father Pierre did the reach around into many wallets to the tune of 234 billion in net debt and it started with 'modest deficit' FRUIT don't fall from the tree .
[/b]


If one does some research on the Department of Finances website, and looks at the budgets published by Governments in the last 15 years, you'll see that Stephen Harpers (and Brian Mulroneys) governments ran deficits and contributed to the national debt more than Jean Chretien or Paul Martins governments. Stevies Debt-to-GDP ratio is also the worst. And we've had the worst GDP growth under his reign. And don't blame 2008 recession, this started with his minority governments in 2006.

In other words, Stephen Harper is no economic genius that his campaign claims him to be.


You do realize that before the 2008 recession(2006-2008) the conservatives paid down $37 billion.... So yeah I think we can blame the deficits after 2008 on the recession, only every western government in the world was doing it.

As for GDP growth, only developing countries have the strong GDP growth. Western countries typically go up and down between 0 and 3%. As of 2014 the highest "western" country is New Zealand coming in at #77. As for relative Canadian GDP growth, rates fluctuate and its been pretty similar for the last 20 years with the exception of the 2008 recession.



Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:49 pm 
Offline
Rank 7
Rank 7

Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:52 pm
Posts: 642
Location: Ontario
Quote:
if not it it is a duty of every one of us to keep our democracy going ( good or bad ) but going by expressing ones support or displeasure by voting .


Lets just look at 1 point, the National debt is $600 Billion. In the last 50 years, the majority have voted for Liberal and Conservative! LOOK what you voters did, YOU took us into this much debt!!! ( Do you think the NDP or greens would be any better? ) This false Dichotomy ( as with the USA system) makes us think we have a say at the polls LOL :lol: I have exercised my RIGHT to NOT vote these lying CONTRACT breakers into office!! ( When was the last time you made a contract with a politician and when the politician broke it, you received due compensation? )

This topic shows the ignorance of the sheeple just like the brainwashed masses saying "we support our troops" we support our troops" as they are sent to illegal American wars and coming back totally F____d up. :( But we support our troops !!!



Top
   
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:14 pm 
Offline
Rank 8
Rank 8
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 11:17 am
Posts: 802
You are entitled to your opinion to. You could always vote libertarian if you wish, however as you have posted from Ontario that bastion of social everything is so far in debt that any business worth its salt is seriously considering move to other jurisdictions. or very least park the money on the sidelines to avoid the tax reach around by Justin and Kathleen Wynne. at the same time :prayer: :roll eyes: :oops: :axe: The manufacturing sector in your province continues to die because govt forgot that over regulated bureaucracy slows down innovation and risk taking . watch the gas tax go up 10 cents a liter when Justin new budget comes down in march next year ( should he win god i hope not) his dad was notorious for tax and spend .// piano keys. any minority govt will in order to stay in power spend money and when the ndp and liberals gang up on the only fiscal sane party in the Ottawa bubble it is only natural to appease the those feeding at the taxpayers trough .


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:49 am 
Offline
Rank 7
Rank 7
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:33 am
Posts: 541
Location: yyz
Harper running the economy is like betting on a donkey in the Kentucky derby....


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC-07:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: altiplano, bcflyer, Exabot [Bot], Future_Sunwing_pilot, Pratt X 3, short bus, speedah, X-Snake and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
[ GZIP: Off ]

For questions/comments please send them to
avcanada@gmail.com


AvCanada Topsites List
AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. If you feel a topic or post is inappropriate email us at avcanada@gmail.com .  By reading these forums you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable. This website is not responsible or liable in any way for any false or misleading messages or job ads placed at our site. 

Use AvCanada's information at your own risk!

We reserve the right to remove any messages that we deem unacceptable.
When you post a message, your IP is logged and may be provided to concerned parties where unethical or illegal behavior is apparent. All rights reserved.