Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Syrian Refugee Thread Deleted??

Post by FICU »

What happened?

Anyway...

Food for thought...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/paris-shoo ... -1.3318444

Hopefully a wakeup call to the Liberals.
---------- ADS -----------

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Syrian Refugee Thread Deleted??

Post by Diadem »

How do you know that had anything to do with Syrians? Or even Muslims? Why do you jump straight to that conclusion? French citizens of North African descent have been responsible for most of the terrorist attacks in that country, so Syrians and immigrants may be totally uninvolved. And it may not even be Muslim terrorism; France also has a long history of political terrorists, like communist groups. Assuming that it's Muslims, and Syrians in particular, with no evidence is outright bigotry.

PositiveRate27
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by PositiveRate27 »

To keep this aviation related, and if this does turn out to be the workings of ISIS, The liberals are pledging to pull our F18's out of Syria and only participate in "peace keeping" endeavours. Does Canada not have a responsibility to assist it's allies in eliminating what appears to be a legitimate threat?

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

Did I say the attacks are by Syrians or Muslims? No one has claimed responsibility yet that I know.

My point being that fast tracking a massive amount of refugees from a known anti-west embattled part of the world is foolish. There must be proper vetting with no deadline to get people on our shores. Screw the Liberal promise.

You have to be a fool to not think that AQ and ISIL will do anything to get their fighters on our soil.

scopiton
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by scopiton »

FICU wrote:Did I say the attacks are by Syrians or Muslims? No one has claimed responsibility yet that I know.

My point being that fast tracking a massive amount of refugees from a known anti-west embattled part of the world is foolish. There must be proper vetting with no deadline to get people on our shores. Screw the Liberal promise.

You have to be a fool to not think that AQ and ISIL will do anything to get their fighters on our soil.
please shut-up.

NunavutPA-12
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NunavutPA-12 »

Our new Minister of National Defence (whose credentials I admire by the way) has said we "need not worry" about ISIS. I wonder if he'll have a change of heart after today.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

scopiton wrote:please shut-up.
Anything constructive to add? You're welcome to put me on your ignore list. It takes less effort than writing that so well thought out reply.

crazyaviator
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by crazyaviator »

What happened to my post concerning red poppies verses white poppies? too political ?

What folks do not understand is that the syrian crisis is not about syria but rather about the regime change by the likes of america and saudi arabia etc. Its also about economic migrants from areas like africa! A FEW good folks are from Syria and they need to be accomodated indeed !!. Also, If there was still wisdom in Canada, We would accept ONLY economic immigrants who would integrate with like values and BELIEFS. How foolish are those who believe in multicultulturalism and other foolish errors that have been taught in our schools!

Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Boreas »

PositiveRate27 wrote:To keep this aviation related, and if this does turn out to be the workings of ISIS, The liberals are pledging to pull our F18's out of Syria and only participate in "peace keeping" endeavours. Does Canada not have a responsibility to assist it's allies in eliminating what appears to be a legitimate threat?
F18s are useless against Muslim Extremism!

Pulling out of the endless war is the most effective way of tackling the actual threat.

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

Boreas wrote:
PositiveRate27 wrote:To keep this aviation related, and if this does turn out to be the workings of ISIS, The liberals are pledging to pull our F18's out of Syria and only participate in "peace keeping" endeavours. Does Canada not have a responsibility to assist it's allies in eliminating what appears to be a legitimate threat?

Pulling out of the endless war is the most effective way of tackling the actual threat.
Yes, but the military industrial complex doesn't want people knowing that, or even worse believing it.

Diplomacy, before conflict - or at least that used to be the ideal. Or as Churchill so eloquently opened volume VI of his Second World War series; "How the great democracies triumphed, ad so were able to resume the follies which had so nearly cost them their life."

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

Diplomacy would work if we were fighting a recognized state. We are not.

Going for the deck at corner
complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

How do you know that had anything to do with Syrians? Or even Muslims? Why do you jump straight to that conclusion?
Well, could be information like this that gives sensible people pause for thought about the wisdom of rushing to allow thousands of people into a country...
Paris terror attack: Syrian passport found on attacker was used to seek asylum in Greece as one Briton confirmed dead
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -live.html

Which of course doesn't mean the terrorist was Syrian (passport could be forged), but surely I don't have to explain how this could pretty easily by duplicated in Canada? Just substitute Toronto for Paris. Canada is involved fighting ISIS, just like France.

People need to wake up. Not all threats are imaginary.

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

7ECA wrote:
Boreas wrote:

Yes, but the military industrial complex doesn't want people knowing that, or even worse believing it.

Diplomacy, before conflict - or at least that used to be the ideal. Or as Churchill so eloquently opened volume VI of his Second World War series; "How the great democracies triumphed, ad so were able to resume the follies which had so nearly cost them their life."
How are you going to use diplomacy exactly vs ISIS and radical islam? Churchill was dealing with countries and people you could actually talk with. Burying your head in the sand and hoping that if you don't get involved it will somehow all pass you by is not an effective strategy despite what some people would like to believe. If you are part of the civilized world then you need to be involved in the fight in some capacity.

timel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by timel »

What a tragedy. All my sympathies to the victims and families.

I agree with the wise words said by Prime Minister Couillard this morning:
“One of the worst outcomes that could come out of this crisis is that we would become more closed and entrenched,” Couillard said. “We should have to opposite reaction … we should not turn our backs on refugees.”
Canada has been welcoming refugees for many years now, the 25000 will be vetted in Canada on a controlled territory before they can live with the rest of us.
I am sure it will be done in a professional manner by government officers. What do you people want more?

We are a country of law, let's not fall for fear mongering.

So far foreign military intervention has weakened North African and Middle East 'governments', in the midst of all the conflict and destabilization ISIS expanded and gained more power. ISIS has no borders and there are no borders across Europe. It appears now that intelligence service is unable to scan for such a huge amount of migrants and refugees escaping bombs and war.

What is the exit point in all of this mess?

Red lines = movement of Jihadist
Red states = destroyed government
Yellow states = weakened government
Black circles = occidental military interventions
image.jpg
image.jpg (157.2 KiB) Viewed 6224 times

Last edited by timel on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

Diadem wrote:How do you know that had anything to do with Syrians? Or even Muslims? Why do you jump straight to that conclusion? French citizens of North African descent have been responsible for most of the terrorist attacks in that country, so Syrians and immigrants may be totally uninvolved. And it may not even be Muslim terrorism; France also has a long history of political terrorists, like communist groups. Assuming that it's Muslims, and Syrians in particular, with no evidence is outright bigotry.
"ISIS claims responsibility, warns attacks are 'first of the storm' "

Are you still going to keep your head buried in the sand?

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

So please enlighten me - because I am apparently some sort of a moron in your "enlightened" eyes, as to how successful the US policy of "intervention" has been?

The US has decided that it is a world power who can do whatever it wants to, on any other countries sovereign territory. And no need for actual evidence, just the mere mention of WMD's, or repressive regimes will bring the wrath of god against you. Iran, Nicaragua, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Vietnam, and the list goes on.

I'd say that the more accurate interpretation of the quote I typed out would be, to take care of your own affairs at home, and then aid your allies when they need assistance. I am not advocating an isolationist policy (which mind you the US did take pre-WW1 and post-WW1 - only to realize that war is great so give 'er). Rather I am advocating a policy where we take care of ourselves and our allies when they need support.

Is there any need in this day an age, especially with all of the examples of history and hindsight as our guide, to go marching in and trying to assert some flawed ideal in places across the globe?

And an interesting post from elsewhere, but please do continue the raving fear mongering: http://whatever.scalzi.com/2015/11/14/paris/

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Is there any need in this day an age, especially with all of the examples of history and hindsight as our guide, to go marching in and trying to assert some flawed ideal in places across the globe?
Errmm...perhaps you should direct that thought towards ISIS, as they haven't really kept it a secret that their ultimate goal is to reestablish an Islamic caliphate and are certainly quite intent on re-drawing borders.

Or are we only allowed to accuse the West of having conquering ambitions? Do enlighten us.

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
Johnny#5
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Johnny#5 »

Iraq and Afghanistan were great successes. I'm sure Syria would be too...

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

So your solution is....? Allow IS to continue on their merry way with beheadings, rape, and the occasional massacre in Paris?

Got it.

I'm not in favour of conventional warfare to attempt to defeat terrorist states. But only a total moron thinks nothing should be done.

YYZSaabGuy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by YYZSaabGuy »

7ECA wrote:I am not advocating an isolationist policy (which mind you the US did take pre-WW1 and post-WW1 - only to realize that war is great so give 'er). Rather I am advocating a policy where we take care of ourselves and our allies when they need support.
I suspect 3,600 casualties and the loss of four capital ships and nearly 200 aircraft at Pearl Harbour did more to bring the U.S. into the war as an active combatant. Less a sudden epiphany that "war is great, so give 'er."

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”