Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Saubia
Rank 1
Rank 1

North Wright Airways

Post by Saubia »

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone has some updates on North Wright Airways? Time on ramp, if the compagny still goes weel and so on.
Any update is good to take!

Thank in advance!
---------- ADS -----------

aviatrix444
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: North Wright Airways

Post by aviatrix444 »

6-9 months on the ramp currently.

"Still goes weel"?? Don't know what you mean.

Saubia
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Saubia »

Ok thanks for your answer, I wanted to say : "still goes well". And do you know how long to fly the twin there?(twin otter/beech...)
Thanks a lot!

Av8r7
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Av8r7 »

^yep not too long on the ramp. About $1000 a month I believe. Housing provided (I think it's a bunk bed)
Quick upgrades lots of flying. In the winter you get up to 4 weeks off. They push you to the tc limits there but lots of good time to be logged.

I hear it's about a year or two for the twin turbines. It's a case by case thing I believe and all dependant on timing

I don't work there though so maybe someone else can elaborate further

aviatrix444
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aviatrix444 »

Your own bedroom is provided, no bunk beds. 2 weeks of vacation annually, but more days off are common in the less busy winter months.

There is no weather pressure from the company. PIC's word is king.

Can't provide a set time for twin turbine upgrade, it's entirely dependent on what spot becomes available when you're next in line. Some guys go directly to the 99/1900/TO... Others do a summer on the pistons bombing around in the mountains (which is some awesome flying).

kilpicki
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by kilpicki »

"The Wells" is expensive, very expensive for groceries etc. And isolated, very isolated. Not the place a lot of people call home permanently. How many young pilots from the city or wherever with aspirations of a career will stay after gaining the hours or experience?? You figure it out.

Galaxy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Galaxy »

kilpicki wrote:"The Wells" is expensive, very expensive for groceries etc. And isolated, very isolated. Not the place a lot of people call home permanently. How many young pilots from the city or wherever with aspirations of a career will stay after gaining the hours or experience?? You figure it out.
What's your point? The OP is asking about North-Wright, not making a life long career in Norman Wells.

kilpicki
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by kilpicki »

The question was '''time on ramp''' I gave a run down on the reason there is a turnover and quick succession to a flying seat. You didn't figure that out?

Saubia
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Saubia »

Thanks a lot for your answers! that is very appreciated!

camber
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by camber »

kilpicki wrote:How many young pilots from the city or wherever with aspirations of a career will stay after gaining the hours or experience?? You figure it out.
From what I've heard quite a few of them do. It's the basics of employability.. The last thing anyone wants to see when sorting through a stack of resumes is someone who tries to "hump and dump" their way to the majors.

If you're going to accept a job anywhere, make it worth their while to hire you. Small towns in the North or South can be extraordinarily memorable if you have the right attitude.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”