More confirm Q400s for WJ

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

More confirm Q400s for WJ

Post by pelmet »

I thought they were trying to stop the orders a few months ago.

"Calgary-based WestJet Encore has signed a firm order for nine Bombardier Q400 turboprops in an order valued at $293 million at list prices. The transaction is a conversion of options booked by the airline’s parent company WestJet and will increase WestJet Encore’s fleet to 45 Q400 aircraft.

“Bombardier’s Toronto-built Q400 turboprop airliner has allowed us to expand from our Western Canada base to more and more communities from coast to coast across Canada and into the US,” WestJet Encore president Ferio Pugliese said. “These nine new superb Q400 aircraft will continue to grow our network.”

Bombardier Commercial Aircraft VP-regional aircraft Kevin Smith said, “In just three years WestJet Encore’s operations have grown from two Q400 aircraft serving just two cities, to 28 aircraft serving 36 destinations in Canada and the US. With this order, WestJet Encore has 17 aircraft still to be delivered, which will allow further expansion of the airline's network.”"
---------- ADS -----------

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: More confirm Q400s for WJ

Post by fish4life »

Maybe things weren't as bad as they were expecting with the western slow down...

http://westjet2.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=1142

tailgunner
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tailgunner »

Or,
They will grow Encore and slowly return leased 37's to the lessor. Mainline pilot numbers will stagnate, while Encore, with their lower costs, will grow.....

Sky_Conqueror
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sky_Conqueror »

Stagnation is true. That is why the only way to mainline is through Encore. And to get to Mainline from Encore...expect a good 5 to 7 years approx.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Props are for boats.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Indeed they are. You are so cool. Did a penis come with that attitude?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Take it easy there.

Clive Beddoe himself said as much among other things.
People don’t like them. Those things spinning around at thousands of revolutions per minute just past your nose just scares the bejesus out of people. They don’t go high enough, they don’t go fast enough.
Now the airline that said they would never drive propellers shifts capacity from jets to propellers.

So it was a joke, poking fun in the irony of it...

Anyway, smarten up SFB and check your own cock because it's clearly stuck somewhere.

MCB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MCB »

altiplano wrote:Props are for boats.
And jets are for hot tubs...

ragbagflyer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ragbagflyer »

altiplano wrote:
People don’t like them. Those things spinning around at thousands of revolutions per minute just past your nose just scares the bejesus out of people. They don’t go high enough, they don’t go fast enough.
Now the airline that said they would never drive propellers shifts capacity from jets to propellers.

Anyway, smarten up SFB and check your own cock because it's clearly stuck somewhere.
I'm curious when Beddoe said that. I remember the first time a q400 subbed in for a jet I was scheduled to fly on and I was blown away but the ride quality. My only previous dash-8 experience had been the the old 100's where it seemed the crew went out of their way to not synch the props. In the q-400, of i hadn't known any better I'd have sworn I was in a regional jet.

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." - Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes)
stupido
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by stupido »

ragbagflyer wrote:
altiplano wrote:

I'm curious when Beddoe said that. I remember the first time a q400 subbed in for a jet I was scheduled to fly on and I was blown away but the ride quality. My only previous dash-8 experience had been the the old 100's where it seemed the crew went out of their way to not synch the props. In the q-400, of i hadn't known any better I'd have sworn I was in a regional jet.
To feed your curiosity....keep drinking the cool aid....

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... e18163315/

Cheers!!!

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

I myself have never come close to mistaking a q400 for a jet while taking a ride. Beautiful airplane though.

ragbagflyer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ragbagflyer »

stupido wrote:
To feed your curiosity....keep drinking the cool aid....

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... e18163315/

Cheers!!!
No Kool-aid for me, of any colour. I just thought he might have said no turbo-props prior to the development of the q400. It's not an aircraft I get excited about, but I appreciate it's efficiency.

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." - Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes)
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

altiplano wrote:Props are for boats.
And boots are for walking.

ThatArmyGuy
Rank 3
Rank 3