Sky Regional Airlines Interview Questions

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

shivam282
Rank 1
Rank 1

Sky Regional Airlines Interview Questions

Post by shivam282 »

I would like to know how a Sky Regional Airlines Interview for the Pilot role would go. Are there any kinds of tests to complete before, during, or after the test? Specifically, does it include a mathematics, IQ test, or anything of that sort? I would like to hear from people that have a recent or non-recent experiences with this Interview. Also from anybody that knows any confirmed information, but may not have necessarily been through the interview. Also, how is the salary for this job at the starter level, and does it get any better after 1 year, 2 years, 3 years etc. Anybody that answers is greatly appreciated.
---------- ADS -----------

AirMail
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Sky Regional Airlines Interview Questions

Post by AirMail »

What's your obsession about math and IQ for pilot jobs? If your so worried about yours in aviation, then this probably isn't the career for you. The industry is already saturated with low IQs.

shivam282
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by shivam282 »

AirMail wrote:What's your obsession about math and IQ for pilot jobs? If your so worried about yours in aviation, then this probably isn't the career for you. The industry is already saturated with low IQs.

I was just asking in order to know how much to practice before an Interview. I am already a Pilot.

plhought
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by plhought »

According to bud who got in 1.5 years ago -

Skype interview, no crazy in depth technical questions, 90% HR stuff. Some flying questions basically asking tailored around your previous experience. No fancy profiling or IQ/Math tests. Didn't wear pants during Skype interview - still got the job.

yycinformer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by yycinformer »

Anyone have any updates on this?

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

Interview panel usually consists of chief pilot/hr and our ex cp.

Very relaxed and informal experience. Very simple questions, explain resume, why SR, does your cp know you're here, any questions? Sim Eval on the 737 at threshold aviation about 1 hour time.

The last I know, there's now a hiring pool for SR as AC has taken very few people in the last few months and has attacked what seems like Encore/WJ. As with anything else, I'm sure it's a wave and that the hiring will pick up soon again. Several with medicals done at SR waiting for course date at AC.

yycinformer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by yycinformer »

Any idea how deep the pool is, typical time between application and call for an interview, or what they're actually hiring at in terms of TT?

Thx

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”