UFLYMIKE QC15/25 Opinions

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: UFLYMIKE QC15/25 Opinions

Post by ahramin »

Craig1983 wrote:Would it be unprofessional to bring along your DCs whilst operating the Boeings or Busses?
Interesting choice of word. I think what you're asking is "will the other kids laugh at me?". The answer is maybe, but who cares.

For me doing what I have to in order to have clear comms with my crew and ATC is part of being professional. While it is very rare to see anyone in the Bus sporting a GA headset (it just too quiet to need that), in the 737 you need a GA style headset to be able to hear properly. With airline style only the best noise cancelling ones are good enough in my opinion, and as for the single ear ones ... forget it.
---------- ADS -----------

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

Does the qc25+uflymic combo allow the user to listen to music and work the radios while flying?

Craig1983
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Craig1983 »

mantogasrsrwy wrote:
Craig1983 wrote:Would it be unprofessional to bring along your DCs whilst operating the Boeings or Busses?
I've seen the occasional guy wearing them.
I've only seen the Q4 guys wearing the A20. Never have I seen the old skool DCs. Whatever works, eh?

-Craig
CZBBYYZPilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by CZBBYYZPilot »

Can we confirm that the sound doesn't drop out with a dead battery?

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

I have the QC25 with iflymike harmoney and the sound does not die when the batteries go out.

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

KenoraPilot wrote:I have the QC25 with iflymike harmoney and the sound does not die when the batteries go out.

Does the qc25+uflymic combo allow the user to listen to music and work the radios while flying?

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

No clue haven't tried it

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Fyi they are really behind on orders. Mine was supposed to ship April 17, now it won't be till the end of May. Keep that in mind if you need a head set asap, this may not be the best option.

CZBBYYZPilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by CZBBYYZPilot »

Another question: is the Mic only useable on the left side of the headset? Kind of important if you're in the right seat and want to remove the left ear cup to talk with engines off, do checklists, etc.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

The QC25 is more or less designed to be worn one way. It has a slight angle to it. That being said, if you go on the site you'll see they do offer the longer boom to wear it the other way.

But in reality, I have worn my lightspeed approx 1000 hours with the boom mic on the left side while being in the right seat and I don't even notice it.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

I have the QC25 with the "XL" boom and I sit right away. I wear the headset backwards and the boom on the right and it's long enough to reach my mouth. It works great and doesn't feel awkward or uncomfortable in any way. I haven't noticed any sound difference either. I absolutely love my QC25 & Harmony system.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

KenoraPilot wrote:I have the QC25 with the "XL" boom and I sit right away. I wear the headset backwards and the boom on the right and it's long enough to reach my mouth. It works great and doesn't feel awkward or uncomfortable in any way. I haven't noticed any sound difference either. I absolutely love my QC25 & Harmony system.

I'm curious, have you had any issues with it at all? The company said the reason everything is postphoned again is because they had some issues with the module. And went back to the drawing board. New molds etc.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Zero, so far so good. Worked great right out of the box. I'll just keep hoping it stays that way!!

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

Good to hear. I wonder what the problem was then. Maybe it was just a mold problem or something like that. I am really looking forward to ditching the extra weight of my big Lightspeed (as much as I love using it) and use the Bose exclusively for DH/commuting and flying.

Nwtflier
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Nwtflier »

One guy told me his wire pulled right out of the module randomly one day, maybe that's the problem.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”