Delta pilots get a 30% pay increase!!

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
Message
Author
Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1212
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:47 pm

Delta pilots get a 30% pay increase!!

#1 Post by Mig29 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:26 pm

The pilots of Delta Air Lines, represented by the Air Line Pilots Association, Int'l (ALPA), ratified an amended collective bargaining agreement. 82 percent voted “in favor” of the agreement. The agreement is effective immediately through December 31, 2019
Provides pay increases of 18% for 2016 (fully retroactive), 3% 2017, 3% 2018, 4% 2019

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-delta ... SKBN13Q50C
---------- ADS -----------

flyer 1492
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:55 pm

Re: Delta pilots get a 30% pay increase!!

#2 Post by flyer 1492 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:14 pm

So did the WestJet pilots get anywhere close to this?
---------- ADS -----------

atphat
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Re: Delta pilots get a 30% pay increase!!

#3 Post by atphat » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:25 pm

WJ 67's will be flown at a discounted rate compared to AC, let alone Delta.
---------- ADS -----------

User avatar
brooks
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Re: Delta pilots get a 30% pay increase!!

#4 Post by brooks » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:43 pm

The joys of being tax-payer owned...
---------- ADS -----------

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2571
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:18 am

Re: Delta pilots get a 30% pay increase!!

#5 Post by yycflyguy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:52 pm

atphat wrote:WJ 67's will be flown at a discounted rate compared to AC, let alone Delta.
Discount compared to even rouge.
---------- ADS -----------

DropTanks
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:56 am

Re: Delta pilots get a 30% pay increase!!

#6 Post by DropTanks » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:06 pm

yycflyguy wrote:
atphat wrote:WJ 67's will be flown at a discounted rate compared to AC, let alone Delta.
Discount compared to even rouge.

Lower rates than Rouge??? How do you figure that? Both Capt and F/O rates meet or exceed Rouge according to the data.
---------- ADS -----------

I like jets
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:26 pm

Re: Delta pilots get a 30% pay increase!!

#7 Post by I like jets » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:08 am

DropTanks wrote:
yycflyguy wrote:
atphat wrote:WJ 67's will be flown at a discounted rate compared to AC, let alone Delta.
Discount compared to even rouge.

Lower rates than Rouge??? How do you figure that? Both Capt and F/O rates meet or exceed Rouge according to the data.
Does the new contract have draft pay of 2 1/2?
1/2 years of service FO -> CA?
---------- ADS -----------

ReserveTank
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:32 am

Re: Delta pilots get a 30% pay increase!!

#8 Post by ReserveTank » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:12 pm

The wheels have been greased to "sell off" the scope.
---------- ADS -----------

rudder
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1495
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:10 pm

Re: Delta pilots get a 30% pay increase!!

#9 Post by rudder » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:18 pm

UAL is US$272/hr in 2018 for a 12 year B737 CA. US$315/hr if you include the company retirement contribution.

Makes the debate about who is flying for too little $$ in Canada a moot point. We all are.
---------- ADS -----------

atphat
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 285
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Re: Delta pilots get a 30% pay increase!!

#10 Post by atphat » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:26 pm

rudder wrote:Makes the debate about who is flying for too little $$ in Canada a moot point. We all are.
True
---------- ADS -----------

Post Reply

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”